[Lifeblood] Resource Wars

to be perfectly honest with you - it’s a 6 man site. i sincerely doubt i’ll be trying to solo these things on the live server so i’m not that concerned about it.

dropping 10k ore in an orca is easy even without a prop mod, doing all 4 solo is the problem.

it will just require players to realise combat ships are dead weight and if you’re trying to run these sites in them you’re a bit of an inconsiderate ass and you need to take yourself back to your level 4 SoE missions instead of ruining everyone else’s site times.

the rewards I have seen don’t make them worth running for profit and I know I will be putting new players into combat ships to run these… they are more fun that way

one of the CSM members already commented, i think in the devblog about resource wars thread, that ccp are aiming the income for resource wars to be a hair worse than l4 missions.

tbh i’m also going to be running these in combat ships.

i’m going to warp in, press f1 on one rat (as ccp have said this is all you need to do to get a site payout), then go afk until other people finish the site for me so i can collect my 0 effort isk. i’ll mainly be doing this because it’s the laziest way i can find to be an ass, and i like being an ass - it’s eve.

1 Like

Looks like best strategy, while building up standing for the higher sites, else running around and triggering as much timers as possible, so people don’t have time to finish. You can also bump the ship which tries to deliver the ore …or the NPC Orca itself?

put disruptors on the rats so they can point the orcas. this will force a role for combat pilots

It may have escaped your notice, but eve is a sandbox where people get to decide for themselves how they want to play the game, meaning your judgment of someone else’s chosen game play is meaningless. If you want to impact this kind of game play then make a high-sec suicide ganker.

Is the Porpoise intentionally left out of this list?

1 Like

I just did my first Limited Site and it was nice.
The hostile NPCs didnt really drop aggro and the friendly NPCs took alot of time to engage.
But it was pretty easy to tank in a purger ab venture without any resistance modules.

The second limited site i entered was in a constellation with an active incursion, so 2 incursion frigates (Youl Metan, Orkashu Myelen) also spawned. I had to leave ofc. ^^

I think these Resource War sites on SiSi have a lot of potential, but they need more fine tuning to live up to it.

The ore requirement appears to be too low. When a single miner can mine everything needed with several minutes to spare, this runs a risk of turning into solo content instead of encouraging cooperation.

With the friendly NPC’s being as strong as they are, there is little point for a player to fly a combat ship. At the same time, it’s a shame to remove them completly. I think that the friendly NPC’s would play better if there were fewer of them, if they were more fragile and if they can’t respawn. A player in a logistics ship should also be able to keep these friendlies alive, to make logis a more viable choice.

The only threat towards the miners seems to be the hostile frigates, the bigger ships appears to ignore them as long as they don’t try to fight back. There might be a chance to capitilize on some emergent AI behaviour here: If the hostile frigates have stronger webs, the miners always need to clear them off, but if they do so on their own the AI might punish them by sending more ships against them. This should mean that miners wish to rely on the combat pilots for this.

The hostile NPC’s respawn after taking enough losses. There is no pressure to kill them all, and in fact, killing them completely is actually punished by spawning a new full wave. This doesn’t feel right. Post 98 suggests using timers to keep spawning hostile ships to put pressure on the players to fight back. That sounds a lot more interesting. And it also makes the miners more dependant on the combat pilots.

The hostile NPC’s are wildly different in their strength right now. Imo, the Blood Raiders are a bit too strong and the Serpentis much too weak. I like it when it’s a bit challenging, that also makes cooperation more important.

1 Like

The numbered asteroid location banners - their art style - create a fun and festive mood for the site which does not seem lore-appropriate to me.

If the lore says that these are contested battle sites over desperately needed resources, I think the helpful markers to draw player attention, should be heavily damaged beacons, positioned at odd angles. Do they need to be numbered?

The Orca already in the site probably launched the beacons from its location. I understand holographic images would not look torn or damaged, only the emitters (hard to see at a distance). But the perfection of these festive banners sets the wrong mood, in my opinion.

In my opinion the timers need to be adjusted for Level 4 Major (at least 16 mins) / Level 5 Criticals (at least 20 mins)

Or

Have it so whenever you fill up a Hauler and it successfully warps away you get another 5 minutes added to whatever is left on the timer.

I like the idea of extending the timer, perhaps it could also depend on number of enemy npcs killed. Which would make combat ships really helpful in these sites.

since logi don’t get paid it’s never going to be viable

Slap on a miner or some drones, and you’ll get paid. Its not that hard.

tried that you have to get a kill or dump, simply mining or shooting isn’t enough

Can’t use an Endurance in a minor site, says I could use a Prospect.
Zoohen, Minor Imperial Mining Expedition.

OH and I still think the emails with no info on what you completed are a waste.

ma as well just bring a barge or a drone ship and actually be useful.

Well there ya go… This is resource wars, get in, mine/kill, and get out.

FTFY. there’s no need or incentive to bring combat ships.

If killing the enemy npc’s extended the site time wouldn’t that be a good reason t bring combat ships?