[Lifeblood] Resource Wars

Wonder if CCP are looking at the number of players that have done this very same thing.

1 Like

Another Suggestion to add if the ā€œAdd more Time to the timerā€ wasnt likedā€¦

Make all the Mine-able asteroids have x4 more stuff in them, right now they have to small mineable ore amounts.

OR

Have some Mine-able asteroids have bigger yields and people need to fit a survey scanners to find them in the pocket.

Another change that has to happen, 100% required change needs to be in the LP STORE Rewards.

Add in the following:

Mining Amount Boosters ( just like how Agency give rewards, make boosters for Mining and other ā€˜resourceā€™ task related things)

mining-amount-booster

3 Likes

Resource Wars my summary

negative

• Unless these things pay as good as lvl 4 mission or better ppl wount do them
  • combat pilots are not necesery they hinder the site times you can just tank skifs or their t1 counterparts
  • micromanadging miner 2s on prospect is a nightmare mainly when I had to do it on multiple toon so I could get in to higher level resource wars to test them
  • barely anyone playing it
  • LP store is a freaking jokeā€¦LP is literaly worthless unless you want those skins that badly just do the math yourself. Id be better of bying janitors and resseling them in next month and it would be still better
  • friendly NPCs are there really just for show and ocasional agro grab

Possitive.
Group content
no need to deal with loot splitting
ughh thats it I supose?

Ways to improve

• higher payout
  • bonus payout increase
  • rewards for destroying waves of NPCs so combat pilots actualy increase payout instead of swating few flyes that wount destroy your ship anyway thus wanting them to be good and efficient since more they kill higher the pay and faster you mine higher the pay
  • new LP store. Maybe buy things only with LP and not LP and money or add in some exclusive items like faction items for miners so they do feel the need to do these sites so some miner in nul can purchase resource wars strip miner with higher efficiency then t2 or minmatar/caldari/amarr/gallante mining ships + faction orca maybe a faction rorqual?

I mean theres so many things you can do with it if you build on itā€¦ Sometimes i really wonder who you have in your idea department becose half of the stuf that comes thru is half baked and then you fix things after year or two

like the drifter incursions for example
also incursion runners were crying for new sites for years
carriers going to siege and stoping being carriers and turning in to repair platform completely making fighters useless on itā€¦ that was a thing for years to

3 Likes

For Caldari Miners ECM are just intolerable, I mean if you wish to do solo

1 Like

Iā€™ve been trying to get i to resource wars as a combat support player instead of actual mining. Itā€™s really difficult to find people to play with. It would be good if there was a LFG channel of sorts. Perhaps even one for each empire faction.

From my understanding resource wars are intended to help players group together and meet new people, but that seems very difficult when you have no means of forming a fleet in the first place (other than corp etc).

I actually really dig the mining booster idea you had. Introducing something unique to resource wars would encourage people to play it much more.

Atm the rewards seem sub-par and aside from the skins theres nothing unique. If people had a reason to do the sites miners might actually have something engaging to do.

1 Like

The problem you are having is because groups would rather have another miner than a combat pilot. Another miner decreases site time and therefore increases isk per hour, a combat pilot adds nothing.

Sorry.

2 Likes

If you go in the channel UI, under the content drop down thing, you will find a Resource Wars channel. It currently has 1559 people in it, so it is far from empty.

But yes, as was said, unfortunately combat pilots add little to a RW fleet right now, compared to another miner, so you might have trouble making it in. Itā€™s quite an unfortunate situationā€¦ that, coupled with the rewards being bad, makes RW a bit of a disappointment.

1 Like

I did not think about things like that, makes sense. Perhaps the upcoming patch will issue this but I wonā€™t get my hopes up.

Dunno how i missed this. Thanks Iā€™ll have a look next time iā€™m online.

1 Like

resource wars LP store is still crap

and no there isnt a fleet tempest in the pack.

Huray for dead content

2 Likes

I spent 90mins in the Resource Wars channel and got no replies from anybody looking to form a group, or was over 2 weeks old and had any idea what it was about. From my understanding now these sites can be done by mining ships with no need for combat ship defenders.

Mining isnt really my thing, but I was hoping for some entry level co-operative gameplay that I would connect me to my miner buddies.

As @Hunter_Anubis said this content is dead on arrival. What a shame

Yeah itā€™s completely dead, itā€™s the new lowest income source in eve. (Arguably even the only negative isk value in eve when you count the LP.) And since CCP did a pass on it already and did ****-all to improve it, Iā€™d wager it just gets removed in a future patch altogether.

Another utter and complete failure by CCP devs, this could have easily been a really fun group activity in eve, just like how they screwed up FOBs so far as well, massive effort, terrible reward.

The question is, what will the new hired team who build that learn from it? Will it acknowledge and accept the sandbox and player-driven content, or push for an even more PvE theme park rebuild of Highsec?

Yup pretty much this.

Iā€™m not having a ā€œtold you soā€ moment about this yet (mainly because I donā€™t have enough information to call it all a failure, but also becuase being a dick to devs just trying to improve eve is wrong).

But Iā€™m on the record as saying that ccpā€™s pve direction is wrong. Iā€™d bet real cash that ā€œdumb aiā€ pve is still light years more popular than any of this new stuff.

Its imo because itā€™s too PvP like. If pve players want PvP there are plenty of actual people for itā€¦

1 Like

One cannot emphasize this often enough.

+2 This.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.