[Lifeblood] Resource Wars

I’d rather say they take Alphas into account. Since if I recall correctly the rewards from LP are pre-fitted ships which are meant to teach newbros thing or two about fitting it would suck if they were to receive ship they can’t fly due to alpha limits right?

1 Like

Only because of the friendly NPC’s. Which will hopefully be nerfed. They do too much of the work.

i finish the site in the venture b4 the friendly kill anything so even w/o them i would prob be fine

I have as well, using a pretty tanky venture. But its a noob site. For noobs. And a vent with t1 drones cannot kill a frig on its own.

Edit- bear in mind, this is where noobs will be sent after the tutorial

Not everybody is a god at EVE leave them alone, if it doesn’t satisfy you then simple don’t do it? common sense lmao

1 Like

ISK and LP rewards have been added. On Oct the 5th these values are (with 0 NPC kills)

Limited (Level 1, 10 minute timer)
white timer
ISK: 168.000
LP: 260
red timer (less than 25% time left)
ISK: 150.000
LP: 200

Minor (Level 2, 10 minute timer)
white timer
?
red timer (less than 25% time left)
ISK: 500.000
LP: 400

Standard (Level 3, 12 minute timer)
white timer
?
red timer (missed the exact value, it’s less than 20-25% time left)
ISK: 1.500.000
LP: 700

(got no info on the Level 4 and 5 sites atm, they still require a high standing to enter)

The limited site is easy with a well equipped Venture (my fit versus Blood Raiders uses T2 modules and T1 rigs: Small Shield Booster, EM Ward Amplifier, Small Cap Battery, Damage Control and 2x Thermal and 1x EM resist rigs).

The minor sites are nasty, I am always forced to warp out and back in the get rid of the cruisers aggro (no deaths yet, but had 8% hull left once). Now I like to place a bookmark close to the site, so I can make a short warp out and back to avoid wasting time.

The Standard site was soloed on the first try with a 10MN Afterburner fitted Procurer. I had some frigate aggro for about one minute, then the NPC’s ignored me for the rest of the site since I didn’t attack them. The total distance travelled was 100km, but since each site is randomized, the travel distance will vary.

Considering the time spent warping around to find these sites, I don’t find these low level site rewards very competitive. On the other hand, if the x3 reward trend continues there is potential for these to compete with L4 missions, if the sites don’t take too much time and effort to find.

Edit:
Some more info on site timers and rewards for Limited (level 1) sites
7:06 remaining, 168k isk, 260 LP
5:06 remaining, 168k isk, 260 LP
4:30 remaining, 159k isk, 240 LP
3:55 remaining, 153k isk, ? LP
2:00 remaining, 150k isk, 200 LP
Looks like a gradual drop off in reward somewhere between 5 min left and 3 min left (roughly), the site time is 10 minutes.

Someone said the Gurista sites did only Therm damage, so I had to look into the Blood Raider damage distribution:
with 66% EM and 64% Therm resist, a wrecking NPC frigate shot did 106 damage
with 66% EM and 30% Therm resist, a wrecking NPC frigate shot did 144 damage
That becomes 194 EM damage and 112 Therm damage for a wrecking hit (which is always exactly 300% of base damage, so they can be compared, unlike all the other types of hits which have a random element in the damage dealt)

The em/therm damage ratio for Blood Raider frigates is 63% EM and 37% Therm.

I know i used no drones and an alpha account

these should be a challenge for TWO new players to run together not easy enough that even a solo day one can do it

maybe if they scaled with how much damage you were doing? or how fast you were killing rats?

Would love to see versions of these in FW limit pilots based on militia (if at all) keep the rats just as strong (and from both militias) give them a bit more sway on control index than plexes

interesting

so furthering my point about combat ships being utterly useless - they contribute nothing to site times so you’ll want about 0 of the things.

i hate to say it but while incentives for being ‘better’ are nice, these incentives come at a cost of not wanting most people that will be trying to run the site… to run the site. you’re actively discouraging people from picking logistics ships by flat out not rewarding them and discouraging them from picking combat ships because they are actively lowering your payouts.

this is honestly bad design.

They contribute to the miners SURVIVAL

1 Like

you can do most sites with just miners though

at least up to 3 not at 4 yet

Those are with T1, correct? Since this is oriented mostly at newbros with 1 and 2 you won’t be seeing a venture or two tanking these in T1 modules, alphas don’t have that courtesy on having all the skills and modules to help them out. Let’s face it, the Vets, yeah complain all you want for being “easy” and “not needing combat ships” because you got shiny T2 modules in your ships, what about the ones that didn’t get to that point?Delayed due to Isk or still training up the skills? Now the later ones, 3, 4 and 4critical, yeah I agree that even with fully geared ships should still present a threat to miners if they don’t have guardians.

For me personally the playercap needs to be raised and have a bigger number of rats with less friendly NPCs to further strengthen the point of having combat ships, that way both newbros and vets will need combat ships to protect them. It is obvious that vets with T2 geared ships will have a much easier time than the T1 ones, but that’s the point of progression at the moment, you wait, you buy, you use it, things get easier.

No, I didn’t say that. I had 0 kills in all the sites, so the potential bonus reward from kills is unknown.

I tried to get a kill in a Limited site by attacking the same target as the friendly NPC’s, unfortunately I didn’t get the killing blow so it didn’t count. Maybe I will try again later.

I meant locking which ships can enter the site. Racial rewards are fine.

yes was using alpha clone even

i don’t see any problem with it and it encourages new players to play all 4 races if they want to personally unlock the skins

1 Like

Then I stand with my suggestion, less friendly NPCs, more rats.

Now to me its funny how some here have trouble and others claim it to be easy, something is definitely odd here :thinking:

doesn’t matter - you don’t need combat ships for that. mining ships have drone bays and drone damage bonuses.

you have to know how to fit the ship and mine. for one you can end the cycle under 1/3 and mine the rocks out meaning you can do the site supper fast.(less time to die) you also need to tank against the rats you will be fighting (note they are not the same as normal. guristas seem to do all therm) at the higher levels the faction you are doing it for also has an effect. the caldari ones the rats will jam you. thats harder than the amarr where you are just TD

Sorry allow me to clarify. Taking alphas and new players in general into account as of now they will only be able to do sites that yield rewards beneficial to them. If not for that limitation Gallente alpha could enter amarr sites and get useless for him reward. That is of course assuming CCP will balance those sites so that Combat ships have an impact for clearing the sites