Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Wallet: Selecting multiple entries in the wallet and hovering over the selection provides a total values of the selected transactions.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Show contracts of all statuses
Note: It’s frustrating to have to search through the various contract statuses to find a certain contract. It would be really handy to have two additional options in the status selection:
1 - Show all contracts
2 - Show all active (not finished) contracts

2 Likes

Suggestion:
Add a new audio (voice) notification to inform the player when his/her ship has reached the keep-at-range distance that he/she previously set

Keywords:
keep at range, keep, range, distance, voice, audio, notification

Note:
a voice could say "you have reached your keep-at-range distance"

This voice notification would be very useful during fleets, for example, while doing incursions.
When doing incursions, players are asked to keep-at-range to their anchor AAA or VVV.

Afaik, there’s no notification to inform the player when he/she has reached his target (even at a given distance).

5 Likes

Suggestion: More granularity for filtering anomalies I.E Ignore all but this type
Keywords: ui, scanning, directional scanning
Note:

3 Likes

Suggestion: Allow to drag-and-drop notes (from the player’s notepad) to chat channels
Keywords: drag and drop, note, notes, notepad, chat, channel

This would be helpful for corporations, to help CEOs share informations with their members.
Or also useful for any player who wants to share tutorials, instructions or guides that he/she wrote to other players.

8 Likes

Suggestion: Auto-save bookmark in the event of ship or pod destruction
Keywords: bookmarks, navigation, ship loss
Note: This was inspired by frequent newbie questions in Rookie help:

Dan Pure > If i died can I came back to the place I died and loot myself I mean, I run out with my capsule and i died vs a NPC.  How to know where it is? Im in another ship now.

Jaskulin > Guys can someone explain how to go to old agent misson place. I cant have cordinates from my death report

Secundus Maxime > HI all!Damn, i am to stupid…how can i find my wreck (pirates just killed me), Because i went to another station and fetched a new ship. But now, im lost :frowning:

Mac Minterboo > Is there a way for me to find my wreck ? So I shouldve bookmarked my wreck right ?

Tyrion Umangiar > how can i find my wreck? I forgot which system it was in?

Oiva Tykinruoka > is there a way to read my previous mission? My ship got destroyed and my wreck is there, and me silly completed the mission

Bones Ribs > How can i find my wreck site on the map?

Devram Basherande > hmm, now I have to figure out how to find the my wereck

You got the idea. Automatic death bookmark will help new players with self-looting and possibly even be useful for veterans.

4 Likes

For that purpouse I’d filter 5 jumps and sort them by distanse in jumps. Filtering by constellation you are very likely to filter out something that is 1 jump from you and thus miss something that would work well. At the same time it is quite likely to include facilities that are 5 or more jumps away. So I still don’t think it’s a usefull filter. IMO adding 1 and 3 jumps filters would be more useful for your situation than constellation filter.

1 Like

I like the idea of colour coding BM folders, though this should not be preset and a player should be able to tune it to personal preference. But I don’t get what’s wrong with current functionality? You can create any number of subfolders in your ‘personal locations’ folder and move BMs into them and this way create a system that works for you and follows your rules. That is what I do and I know many other players do as well.

1 Like

Suggestion: Add more informations (in columns) about ammunitions on the Used With tab
Keywords: informations, ammo, ammunitions, specifications, columns, Used With, tab

Currently, when a player is searching for informations about a weapon, he/she often opens the Used With tab. This way, the player is able to know the different kind of ammo the weapon can use.

But this tab contains almost no information at all ! The player is obliged to open each ammunition information window to know more about theirs specifications.

Here is a mock-up image that I made to illustrate how this Used With tab should look like :

17 Likes

Suggestion: Pressing backspace should delete the previously typed digit, in the calculator
Keywords: calculator, backspace, delete, previous, digit, parenthesis

Currently, if you press the backspace key, it erases everything, displaying 0 on the calculator screen.
This key should behave just like the calculator of Windows 10 : pressing backspace should delete the previously typed digit.

btw (imo), the calculator should be completely rewritten, updated to a 2.0 version.
For example, when you click on a parenthesis, it’s not displayed on the calculator screen either… :confused:

8 Likes

Suggestion: Mark Factions/Corp as 'Favourite’
Keywords: ui, standings, interactions
Note: Ability to have Factions/Corps you particularly care about listed in a single section up top for easy visibility.

Currently working on standings with several corps, and certain factions, and there are other factions I want to monitor to make sure I don’t drop too low with. However, it’s a chore to find these in amongst the bajillionty other corps/factions that I don’t care about any time I go to check. Current UI allows for sorting by recently changed, high/low, etc. but these I’m needing to monitor are often lost in the middle regardless of sorting order, so having a separate sub-section up top that I can choose to add to or remove from would require much less scrolling and hunting, as well as remove the chance of me not noticing that a certain faction I care about has dropped below my needed standing and needs a boost.

1 Like

Suggestion: A Hotkey for Fleet Warp

Keywords: ui, hotkey, shortcut, fleet
Note: Fleet warp by pressing a single key… amiright?

This is the very definition of a “little thing” that would eliminate the current slow and cumbersome menus required to fleet warp. Please.

7 Likes

its on the notification… not sure which one it is, but its there.

1 Like

Suggestion: Nullify Insurance scams by negating insurance if someone activates a kill right

Keywords: insurance, kill right
Note: Too many players are using the insurance scam these days. if someone uses a kill right on a player then simply negate the insurance for the ship the evil kill righted player is using so they don’t get insurance.

2 Likes

Suggestion: ability to use keyboard Y/N to confirm Contract Delete.

Keywords: ui, contracts, keyboard
Note: Rather than require two clicks, one on the contract, and one somewhere else on the screen at the popup confirmation, just have a right click, Delete Contract, then ability to type “Y” to confirm. Or even better allow me to use keyboard arrows to select contract and keyboard “Del” then keyboard “Y” to confirm. This is a QoL change for alliance or large scale seeders who have to take down 50-100 contracts at the end of a deployment or move of staging. This would easily half the time its takes to do this.

1 Like

Suggestion: Automatically repackage undamaged modules/drones when they’re placed in cargo.

Keywords: ui, modules, cargo, qol

Note: Except capital weapons that, I believe, are smaller when repackaged, the rest of the modules/drones have the same volume in both states, so there is no reason to leave assembled modules. Heck, maybe even when moving damaged modules to hangar/container the game could ask if you would like to repair and repackage the modules. Now I do not know if 5 assembled modules take up more space in the database than a single stack of 5 repackaged modules, but I would assume that yes, so maybe this could even improve performance.

5 Likes

You can create many subfolders, this is true. BUT you can only go one layer down i.e.:
[Master Folder] ‘Personal Locations’>
[Subfolder Layer 1] ‘Gate pounces’>
{All Bookmarks regardless of range or type (could be tens of marks per location)}
…and you can’t go further than that.

What I’m asking is more along the lines of i.e.:
[Master Folder] ‘Personal Locations’>
[Subfolder Layer 1] ‘Gate Pounces’>
[Subfolder Layer 2] ‘Warpable’>
{All warpable Bookmarks (150km+)}
[Subfolder Layer 2] ‘Bomb Spots’>
{All bombing-range spots (~30km from gate)}

(sorry if this looks cluttered, I can’t seem to insert appropriate tabbing to format the spacing better…)

…This would allow you to organise and cluster your bookmarks more efficiently so you don’t fill your overview with a ton of marks. This would be a help for scouts/bomber pilots/miners/anyone :grin:

1 Like

Can we have an extra button when you dock which removes your cargo for you instead of you having to select which cargo you want to remove.

Obviously it would remove everything and you would have to put back what you want… or maybe you can select what you want then press the button instead of dragging it.

1 Like

Suggestion: A fix to the cancel undock feature

Keywords: cancel, undock, button
Note: cancel undock feature rarely works as intended

CCP, can you please fix the delay/latency with the dock/cancel undock button? I find that it works about 5% of the time. Sometimes when I undock it will undock pretty much instantly and go to a black screen before showing space. Other times it will do the proper timer and you actually have time to click cancel undock. Most often, it freezes for about a second rendering the cancel button useless.

Is this down to latency, 32-bit, etc? For reference, my workstation is an i9-9900k and RTX 2080ti running Win 10 on a 970 PRO ssd, do I do not think it is my system’s performance doing it.

1 Like

Seconding this. I don’t see a reason for the unpackaging/repackaging system to be in place. It only adds annoyance. It would be very nice if unpackaged items returned to packaged when in a container, cargo bay, hangar, etc. Just removes “clickiness” from Eve.

1 Like