Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Or require Ctrl+Click on the button to skip the prompt.

Suggestion: “Add more quick shortcuts to PI to make it easier to find your planet units"
Keywords: PI, UI
Description: Planet is too big, it would be very helpful if there were some shortcuts in the interface next to the arrow pointing up… This shortcut would take you to your next unit on the planet without you having to find it.

This is a good idea, brought up many times before, unfortunately overlooked for years. It could be implemented as simply as having next/previous buttons to the left of the Home (ie. Command Center) button, and these would cycle through the structures.

3 Likes

It would be so nice to be able to set up a corporate members-only marketplace, currently, the only way to sell ONLY to corp-mates is contracting.

Private access structure with market also enables private markets

Suggestion: Ability to save and share keyboard shortcuts

Keywords: UI, keyboard shortcuts

Note: Useful to save time on setting them every time Eve is reinstalled.

I use a good amount of keyboard shortcuts because manually clicking with mouse through menus isn’t fast nor comfortable enough. With every time I have to reinstall Eve, like after HDD format for example, I lose all of my shortcuts and it’s annoying to set them one by one yet again.

2 Likes

Suggestion: New option when creating hypernet - “Limit 1 node per charachter”

Keywords: ui, hypernet
Note: Useful when wanting to do a giveaway for a corp, community, or simply to all in local in Dodixie or another high traffic system

Sometimes I like to do giveaways, but right now all I can do is link a 1k isk contract to local and first to accept wins. I’d like to do it using the hypernet. Yes alts can still buy another one, but if im linking to corp, or heavy pop local, with each node priced at 1 isk, no one should be able to log off/log on alts, even if some can pull it off once it wont be a major impact. Its also a pretty small change, UI wise and implementation wise.

Suggestion: Shared fittings based on ACL
Keywords: ui, fitting, ACL
Note: Possibility to have a list of fittings shared through ACL

1 Like

Clearly communicate the difference of percentage change and percentage point change.
There are handful of skills in EVE that apply percentage point change instead of percentage change. But the skill descriptions still say that they do percentage change.

For example Salvage Drone Operation skill

Skill at controlling salvage drones. 2% increased salvage chance per level.

Salvage drones have base chance of 3%. At level 1 a 2% increase would bring it to 3.006%.
But this skill gives a percentage point increase. So at level 1 the salvage chance is 5%!

Off top of my head the following skills give percentage point bonuses:

• Salvage Drone Operation
  • Salvage Drone Specialization
  • Broker relations
  • Advanced Broker relations (this one says percentage point)

These skills have descriptions that are very confusing (or wrong).

Edit: Salvage Drone Specialization does have normal % bonus instead of percentage point bonus. Will leave it there just to prove point on them being confusing.

4 Likes

It would be super convenient if 1mn/5mn, 10mn/50mn, 100mn/500mn, and 1000mn/5000mn prop mods could be sorted into small, medium, large, and capital.
Every other sized module is grouped this way (plates, shield extenders/boosters, armor reps, RR stuff) except prop mods. Just a teeny QOL thing.

4 Likes

Suggestion : Option to save your route for future use
Keywords : UI, Map
Note : This option would let you save your flight route for future use… I often find my using the same route over and over again but don’t wont to use Auto-pilot… It would help if i could save it and then use it anytime i want to. This would be either be in the Map or on the main flight screen using a Fav button or special button on the keyboard.

5 Likes

Suggestion: Let contracts pull items from a stack in corp hangars.
Keywords: Contracts, Corp hangars
Note: When copying an existing contract from a corporate hangar it does not pull items from a stack. You can have a stack of 20 in the corp hangars, if you selected an amount different from the total stack the contract can not be created automatically, even when there are enough items there to make the contract!
Currently we have to split stack numerous times to be able to make these contracts.
Alternative Solution: Make a right click option “split into stacks of #”. This might be useful in other areas of the game too :slight_smile:

Let’s show current behavior with an example.
I create a contract for a set of +3’s from my logistics hangar. When I try to copy the contract over from the logistics hangar again

It tells me me that “the following items could not be found in your hangar”

Even though there is enough implants there to cover the contract.

Thanks to you and your team CCPkarkur, you’re literally my favorite dev because of this thread!
Fly Safe o7,
Pink

3 Likes

Please allow us to just opt out of burner missions so they dont even appear. I am sometimes having to rejecxt 6 burner missions on the trot before getting to a regular mission to accept

2 Likes

“Add Additional Text” for items in hangar/inventory. Currently the only way to tag a stack with it’s intended destination is to put it into a container. If we could drag locations onto inventory stacks so we can manage our own EVE mini Amazon warehouses it would be brilliant!

3 Likes

+1
on shift drag, add another input number : “number of stacks”. That would be easier, more useful in several other ways, and would only interact with the client not the server.

2 Likes

report issue in game ?

proposal (again) : shared stuff. This time with a basis for implementation.

1. master account.
    • each toon has a “master account” value. This is actually a character ID. By default it is its own character ID. You can see that account in your own character sheet(where ?) and by clicking it you can remove it if different from yourself.
    • When you edit a contact (or add one), if your master account is yourself and the contact is set to +10 (dark blue) , you have an option to send him an alt invitation.
    • In the contact list, you also have the list of people whom you sent an alt invitation or who accepted that invitation so you can remove the invitation or the alt access.
    • when you receive an alt invitation, if your master account is yourself, and once you set the contact to blue, you can accept the alt invitation . Accepting the alt invitation sets your master account ID to the one who sent that invitation. You can also remove the alt invitation later or accept another one.
  2. alt inventory
    • Every character also has an alt hangar in each station.
    • All the items in the alt hangar are owned by your master account. When you place an item in it, it changes ownership.
    • if you are your own master account and you accept an alt invitation, then all the items that are in the alt hangar and owned by you go into delivery. This ensures you don’t have hidden items from accepting an invitation.
    • every character whose master id is X can take any item in an alt inventory or put an item in the alt inventory. No ACL.

Issue : you can’t browse a container in the alt hangar. That’s because while the container location type is set to HangarAlt, to save DB access all the contained items keep their Locked/Unlocked location type. That issue is already present in the game for corp containers, and partially resolved by using corp hangars. However using alt hangars would need more work (eg to set the names of the alt hangars). What I propose is to add two location types : AltLocked and AltUnlocked. Since the owner ids of the items moved are already updated to match your master ID when you add them, or to match your own ID when you remove them, then also updating the location type prior to that should not be more costly. Then there may be other issues as for the other location types… (autofit, highslot0 etc)

1 Like

Suggestion: expand the Ship tree to include concord (enforcer, monitor,…) and SoCT (gnosis,…) and more.
Keywords: UI, Shiptree
Note: The ship tree is used as a marketing tool in many videos but doesn’t even show all ships generally available, it will also help new players having the SoCT tree visible in the tree.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Similar to the E-War stuff (you are scrammed, you are Tracking Disrupted, etc.) have an icon that tells you how many people have locked up your ship.
Keywords: UI, Battle, Overview
Note: Thats something I thought after I heard Elise on ToS say that its hard to scroll through all of the Titans to see if 30 of those 600+ are targeting your own Titan.
Would help in different other scenarios as well.

1 Like

The overview could have a separate tab where only those ships and other objects appear that are actively targeting you.

3 Likes