Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Working constellation chat that you can’t opt out of

1 Like

Suggestion: Events listing in the specify dropdown in the agency window.
Keywords: Dance, Dromedary, UI.
Note: G sharp

1 Like

Suggestion: Format in-game links differently if they lead to URL
Keywords: Chat, mail, text, text links

Links in chats/mails/notes all look the same wether they lead to chat channel, fleet, item info or URL. This is problem especially on URLs that can be disguised to look like item/chat links. To see if a link leads to a internet page instead of something in-game you need to hoover on it to see what it links on. It would be nicer if links leading to out of game had a link symbol at the start of the link like this kuva but a different color/underlining would work too.

1 Like

Suggestion: Timed bookmarks.
Keywords: ui, bookmark
Note: My suggestion is to create additional option when creating bookmark - expire time. This modifier can be applied to bookmark and bookmark folder, and every bookmark, created within, has settled its expiration time.

3 Likes

Suggestion: In the Agency overview, on the main screen (not on the map screen), a button that says “claim reward” instead of “view rewards” or a small “claim reward”-button on the side.
Keywords: ui, agency, events, abyss
Note: Loading the whole map just to click a button feels unnecessary difficult. Especially if you are in the abyss and you have to load the whole map just to click a button (loading takes 2-3 sek + blocking a lot of the screen), so the agency can cycle to the next task for the next pocket.
Or maybe just auto-collect the reward?

1 Like

Suggestion: Display # of jumps from the jump clone’s location to the autopilot destination (if any) for each jump clone.
Keywords: UI, jumpclones
Note: Useful to determine which jump clone is closest to your destination.

3 Likes

Removed a troll post.

3 Likes

Suggestion: allow distribution agents to see into fleet hangar to verify delivery.
Keywords : distribution missions, fleet hangar, missing cargo warning
Notes: I love the new look of my Bustard, and have been doing distribution missions with it. Lvl 3 and 4 cargos fill the cargo bay quickly, so they go into the fleet hangar. I pick destinations so I can haul up to a dozen missions at once. Unfortunately, when I get to a receiving station the mission list won’t indicate which one can be delivered/completed. Dragging all cargo into item hangar of station will allow completion, but mission list still doesn’t recognize that the required items are on station. The new list won’t tell you where the item needs to go, unless it is in cargo bay. I have started keeping the agent conversation windows open so I can click through them to see what missions can be completed at the current station.
Again, I like the new ship models and even the new mission list, but please allow it to read the fleet hangar inventory.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Ability to sort our medals and decide in how they are displayed.
Keywords: ui, character sheet, medals, decorations.
Note: Useful to play around with our little accomplishments and “souvenirs” of fun/glorious moments.

Medals are used by corps with different objectives, from marking a big accomplishment of one of the members to just make a joke when something particulary funny happens… they are the deffinition of a “little thing”, but most of us find joy and amusement when seeing them in our character sheet.

Actually, we can only choose if those medals are private, public or to delete them. I think it would be nice if we could at least sort them by date, and/or decide in what particular order we whant them to be dislpayed, or group them according to what they are related to.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Remove or shorten the useless dotted line in the Sovereignty tab in System/Constellation show info windows.
Keywords: UI, Show Info, system, constellation, sovereignty
Note: The line wastes a lot of space unnecessarily and serves no purpose whatsoever that cannot be conveyed with a shorter line or different graphical tool (like a diagonally striped hazard band like effect instead).

1 Like

Suggestion: Modify the overview filters to allow pilots to select sizes of deployable structures they want to see. (e.g. have keepstars on the overview but not astrahauses).
Keywords: ui, overview, citadels

There is a tremendous amount of deployable structures in most well-trafficked parts of eve. Very frequently you’re not going to want to see the smallest structure. For example, in the goonswarm capital system of 1dq, 90% of people in the system only want to see the keepstar on their overview, and the fortizars/astrahauses are irrelevant and just clog up the overview. As a result, you need to have an overview filled with spam, or use the right-click window that doesn’t actually tell you what size each structure is, both of which are suboptimal.

This is also important in highsec, where everyone and their mother has a private astrahaus or raritu and nobody wants those on their overview, but you may want market fortizars or public sotyios on your overview.

This would be done by replacing, for example, the “citadel” overview option with “keepstar” “fortizar” and “astrahaus” overview options.

4 Likes

Structure Browser: Right click on a Structure Profile: Duplicate Profile.

Behavior: Creates a duplicate profile, with the word COPY appended at the beginning of the name. Those of us who manage hundreds and maybe thousands of citadels across many different profiles who have to make frequent changes will thank you.

1 Like

Blockquote This would be done by replacing, for example, the “citadel” overview option with “keepstar” “fortizar” and “astrahaus” overview options.

Along with this, in the right click menu in space under Structures append the type of citadel before or after the name like [Keepstar] SYSTEMNAME - STRUCTURE NAME or maybe instead of [KEEPSTAR} just use the icon for that type from the overview.

1 Like

A while back, you added a search box to the My Structures tab in the Structure Browser.

THANK YOU.

Could we also have the same search box in the Upcoming Extractions tab?

1 Like

Suggestion: Rename fit function

Keywords: fitting, simulation, naming

Suggestion: Repairing turns disabled modules online if able

Keywords: repair, modules, fitting
Note: I can’t think of a use case where I would want my module to remain disabled.

Suggestion: Fitting window module swap, simulation module swap

Keywords: fitting, module, swap, simulation
Note: currently one can not move a module onto a slot if another item is there, work flow of remove other module, move current module, find other module somewhere, replace module is quite annoying when there could just be a swap module

Suggestion: Option, add first 15 members of fleet to watch list

Keywords: fleet, watch list, option, small gang
Note: When fleeting, there is almost no reason to fill your watch list, so an automated process to do so would be nice.

Suggestion: Option, Don’t create a new newbie ship every time we dock in a pod

Keywords: pod, ship, destroyed, annoying, option

Suggestion: Option, Don’t remind me of unused skill points on login every time (or option to disable)

Keywords: nag, skill points, annoying, option

1 Like

Suggesions:

• allow way more than 250 personal/corp fittings saved
  • allow more personal/corp bookmarks saves
  • create a specialized freighters for mineral transports same as gallente have t1 indies, but with like 10 mil m3 just for minerals
  • weird final suggestion, why can we put 2 bestower hulls in an expanded bestower, but not a freighter/dread/carrier inside a freighter, when a single expanded charon can store a packed bloody keepstar with several packed forts and astras
3 Likes

Suggestion: Ability to adjust the scan probe size slider using the scroll wheel

4 Likes

Suggestion: Option to make pinned windows opaque
Keywords: ui, windows, transparency
Note: so one can stack pinned windows without them showing through each other

I stack windows to save space and, especially when using Low Shader Quality (since it lacks the Window blur option), pinned windows are highly transparent, making for stuff like this:

I’ve been told this is intended behavior. Alas, I pin windows not to make them transparent but to prevent accidental click & drags (with the “Lock Windows When Pinned” option in General Settings).

In lieu of the ability to make pinned windows opaque, perhaps another button which only freezes the window would be nice.

1 Like

There is a transparency slider in the general settings tab that you can use that I believe works on pinned windows. This change was not really my favorite, as I always play on low graphics settings and therefore had to lower the slider all the way down or change my graphics settings.

1 Like

It would be nice if when simulating a ship with Abyssal mods that it shows those modes.

2 Likes