Little things / Small QoL suggestions

possible to add a short cut for fleet warp?

keywords: fleet, warp, shortcut

notes: so basically u press a key to warp your whole fleet

1 Like

Suggestion: Multi-Edit Orders

Keywords: ui, market, orders
Note: Will make editing a mass amount of market orders easier

Just for 1 character you can have well over 200 market orders, and editing the prices currently requires editing 1 order at a time. Having a way to edit multiple orders in a multi-sell format would save a mountain of time and clicking.

ccp will not see this post via their algorithm… it would behoove you to read the first post and edit your post as necessary

Suggestion: Shortcut Key for Manage Autopilot Route
Keyword: ui, route, manage route, manage autopilot route,
Note: A key planning feature that’s buried at the bottom of an obscure on-screen menu. Not New Player friendly, not even user friendly.

In order to preserve valuable screen space the ui is set to a high resolution therefor the tiny coloured squares are made even tinier. The Manage Autopilot Route window provides the system names and allows route management please add a shortcut key option so that it’s possible to hot key this menu.

Suggestion: When selling to NPC orders, don’t default to .001 above the purchase price, or at least deactivate the 5 minute timer
Keywords: Trading, NPC orders, sell orders, loot
Note: It isn’t fun to sit there waiting for five minutes to adjust an order by one tick

Now, I know the update that changed placing non-immediate orders from matching the highest applicable buy price to being exactly one tick above that price is more than a year old, but it still catches out players (like me) every now and again. And when selling triglavian survey data or wormhole loot to NPC orders, sitting there staring at the open orders screen trying to cancel the sell order at exactly the five minute mark, when I really want to get my isk and go to Jita and spend it instead is the opposite of fun even by Eve standards. And sitting in station fiddling with your orders every five minutes is exactly the kind of behavior that patch was intended to stamp out in the first place.

1 Like

Make sure you are toggled to Immediate in the sell timeframe, and this will fix itself. The game cannot tell that you are trying to sell to an NPC buy order, but by setting the sale order time to Immediate it will not allow you to place the sell order unless a suitable buy order is present, preventing overprice issues like you experienced.

3 Likes
Suggestion: Ability to save custom graphics and effects settings
Keywords: ui, graphics
Note: Allow players to quickly change to true optimization of their PC/gameplay

As an example, if in a huge fleet, I have to set graphics content settings to Performance but than go back and also set Effects/effects back in to see bridges.

Suggestion: Increase Jump Clone limit.
Keywords: jumpclones, quallity of Live, UI
Note: Increase the total amount of Jump Clones a single character can have.

Looking at the ever increasing amount of implants we can put into our brains, it would be nice to have the ability to have more jump clones. Not necessary being able to put more clones on more locations, but being able to hold more clones on the stations we already have populated.

Suggestion: Improve in-game Calculator
Keywords: UI, Calculator
Note: Increases QoL

The calculator can be very frustrating to use.
If making a type-o one cannot backspace to change the type-o, instead it appears to resets the calculation and you will need to start over.
It also does not default to the type box, when resetting the calculation using the button (because really
using backspace can have weird results in my experience) or using the keypad with the mouse, you will have to manually go back to the type box.

It would be an absolute god sent if it were working like a windows calculator.
Thank you for this thread!

it is hardly easy to add a completely new ship (or items) to the game. a LOT of departments will have to be involved in that.

Suggestion: Add filter or pinned item in Station Services hangar window
Keywords: ui, assets

I’d like to see some more utility in the Station Services hangar window when docked. I do a lot of courier contract work and it can get frustrating if I have a bunch of crap in my hangar when trading ships and packages around. I also like that I can hide station cans in the regular inventory window; I think it would help to have a filter in the station window as well. Alternatively, if possible, we could pin or “star” a preferred ship and item.

1 Like

Please do the devs the kindness of formatting your suggestion to match the request in the initial post of the thread; otherwise it’s more challenging for them to pull the data into their evaluation and workflow tools.

1 Like

Suggestion: Add a setting to clean up the log files the client generates
Keywords: Chat, logs, Settings, OCD
Notes: Add a setting “keep logs for {value} days” with a default of 60(?), that auto deletes older ones. I know they’re small files, but I just cleared out thousands of them.

Windows key, type “calc”

Suggestion: Another line of haulers similar to deep space haulers but, perhaps 1 stab strength, but some weapon high slots and a bonus to small weapons according to race.
Keyword: Ship Tree, Indy
Note: Conceptually similar to 17th century sailing *East Indiaman that were often armed to deter pirates.

Suggestion : Multifit / Buy All checking all Player’s Hangars and Containers before checking what needs to be bought / fitted.
Keywords : Multifit, Buy-all, Cargo, Hangars, Containers, Station
Note :
When players multifits or buy-all, thus, based on a fit, the process checks what’s in the player’s Assets in current Station (hangars, containers, etc…).
Buy-All : Only buys what’s missing
Multifit : Picks the modules in other Hangars/Containers.

To avoid picking in unwanted containers, there would be an option to uncheck wether you want to process all hangars/containers.
Or, an opt-out setting on hangars or containers to be, or not to be, processed in multifit / buy-all.

2 Likes

So how many of these QOL suggestions get added, anyone kept track? just curious after getting back into the game.

These are side projects that devs do on their own time. You can search karkurs posts to see when things have been added.

1 Like

Please introduce the option to process multiple build jobs from BPCs in one step, e.g. mark 10 BPCs in the inventory and select ‘build’ to initiate 10 build jobs at once.

@Shirolayyn please read the rules for posting here in the first post…