Local Comms Blackout - Discussion Thread - Part Deux!

Been playing since 2003.

You have swung the pendulum too far with local blackout. Now you undock in null sec you are just a target. Attacker has every advantage. This needs a mechanic to even things up.

You are fixing the wrong problem. New players quit not because they cant skill up overnight with p2w, its that they get ganked in hi sec and get frustrated and quit. You need a safe noob section so young players can grow into the game.

You’ve made it far too easy for hi sec gankers. Its high reward and no risk. Defenseless freighters and barges and slow police response. Very unfair to new players

Fix hi sec ganking and you will grow the player base again. How can you guys not understand this?

5 Likes

No CCP had proven it’s the opposite in fact.

1 Like

I have been hi-sec ganked twice in 9 years. I don’t understand why its so hard.

1 Like

What does p2w or highsec ganking have to do with the local blackout at all? Is it that hard to remain even in the general zipcode of the thread topic?

Hi-sec ganking has been a consistent feature of the game, both when the playerbase was growing and when it was contracting. Why would removing something that was prevalent when the playerbase was growing be THE key to growing the playerbase again?

I don’t think you’ve thought this through at all.

3 Likes

Why sub for that? Login as an alpha, check assets.

And… what, people would just go ‘oh, yeah, sure, that’s Falcon’? His old account is on ice as long as he’s with the company, and any new account he made now would have to be a one-off, because they’re not supposed to let us know who their alts are.

Just gonna repost the relevant bit:
Do the bare minimum to operate within the bounds of safe practices, and you’ll be absolutely fine.

Yes, it did. It should probably also be noted that at 15:00 on that ‘35 thousand’ Sunday, the server was at 28,936 connected. 2 weeks later, during the Blackout, at 15:17, it’s at 29,169. This is why you need more data, over a longer period, before you start drawing conclusions.

But they’re undocked, too, so aren’t they just as much of a target? Hunt the hunter.

2 Likes

because of some technic CCP developed based on massive player interaction … but when this knowledge is transfered … well, they won’t need the cash-grave anymore. And certainly not a bunch of bad gamedesigners.

2 Likes

So … I HAVE to use a Omega account (for (reliable) scanning with combat probes) and Omegas for my Covetors and 1 Orca just to have a second before I get blown up? Why should I pay for a software in beta-state that I have to test. CCP has a test-server but uses the release-server to test ? WTF ?! The only loosers are those pilots that do NOT have a rorqual or super or other cap. And these people rightfully claim, that the deceition of CCP was a short sighted one (to stay polite).
The botters in their rorquals just stay save.

4 Likes

The logic in that statement suggests you think buying CCP cost less than developing a new game from scratch y/n?

1 Like

yes, at least if you seriously develop software, with documentation (which I doubt ccp has had until sellout) and professional testing (which ccp certainly doesn’t have, at least I cannot even see a remote kind of QA).

hope that this is over soon
donot like this

3 Likes

the only reason the numbers are Up this week is because of skillpoint week…this does not mean that they are actually up other than people logging in to collect Sp.

6 Likes

Except, of course, that it takes less than 30s per account to connect and collect, and you don’t even need to get past character select. You wouldn’t see the numbers as a smooth trend, they’d be spiky AF.

3 Likes

Or you can mine in hs where local tells you when to hide…

You want safty, go plays anonther game, like WOW !

Or you can mine with prospect, much faster to warp out than a covetor… but greed you know…

1 Like

So far all I’m seeing in Impass is a lot of smaller players taking heavy losses.

And no, they can’t afford it.

So far so amaze-balls daft…

3 Likes

Sorry to burst your bubble but Hilmar say’s differently now in the 2019 Eve Down Under keynote presentation.

1 Like

Quick glance at Zkill…

I’m not sure you’re using that word ‘smaller’ right. You know you guys in Brave don’t qualify as ‘smaller’, right? I mean, you’re smaller than us, sure, but…

2 Likes

They change wardec who causes the real threat for new bro corp’s in hs.

They don’t change suicide gank and they enven set the game less safe…

So what’s that’s mean to you ?

1 Like

I hear the comms chatter.

Why pay for beta testing?

Why not ask all those that have funds Star Citizen and paid almost 1/2 billion just to beta test a game?

This isn’t a beta test, its a game feature test at worse, at best a balance adjustment.

1 Like

Comm’s chatter is lovely and all, but zkill’s hard data, not anecdote.