Local Comms Blackout - Discussion Thread - Part Deux!

On your bosons while you hide behind them and act like nothing has changed? lol

Right, race ya’ll to the shiptoast peaks. Ten thousand posts of maximum NaCl interspersed with probably less than two dozen actually interesting posts in the last thread. Let’s make this one even worse, because let’s face it: There isn’t going to be sod all constructive about the criticism, and we covered all the benefits many times over in the other one.

5 Likes

It’s already working! Nullsec is a great place to hunt and bring risk :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The login decrease for the measly few days we have data for (which is several weeks short of the data sample we actually need in order to control for shock, adaptation and new normal) is a great deal less than what CCP has in the past mentioned in bot purges. Since eyes have confirmed places like Frat space etc has become rather desolate and where there were countless bots before, now sites lay fallow, we can safely assume a sizable chunk of the “missing” players aren’t players at all, but a collection of scripts adding nothing but inflation to the game.

There’s just no way around it. If you want good solid data from this test, you need to run it for a minimum of three weeks, and even then that’s the absolute minimum. I’d prefer to see it run for a couple of months at least to see how players breaks the intent behind it this time around.

8 Likes

Woot for blackout

3 Likes

i agree fully, just to add that also it needs some time that players adapt. right now we have an high on hunters/gangs running around, watching the map like eagles. This will calm down a bit, the prey will adjust and the majority of hunters will focus on content rich systems.

2 Likes

so stop coming on here? lol

Why do you assume it’s meant to fix anything, Mike? It’s intended to gather data. It’s gathering data.

1 Like

To be fair, you’d need at least a month’s worth of data at the very least to see how many let their accounts unsub. I’m sure many are just letting them sit until they see how this all finally plays out.

Bold move and one of the best / most interresting changes in recent years. The “risk vs reward” proportion is in a much better place now. Sov space was way to save compared to the silly amount of ISK you can farm.

Space feels darker and unpredictable again, keep it up!

Now we only need a revamp of the cyno mechanic to nerf the supercap umbrella a bit.

10 Likes

Yep 10 K post was mine, but the only thing I wish to add to further comment is this, Null is not safe , nowhere is really safe in EVE you can mitigate the circumstances to improve the odds, you can sharpen skills or blame something for making it harder , adapt or not, Fight , Mine , Ratting , Logistics, War. Just do what makes you happy in EVE but do it smartly.

2 Likes

Clearly you don’t understand that YOUR way of “living in null” is not the only way to live in null, nor is it the only way to play EVE Online. Null is not supposed to be a place for softies. “Only the hard, only the strong . . .” What is it about YOU that makes you worthy of being out there? Why shouldn’t you have to be a better player to play out there? Why shouldn’t you have to take your sorry [expletive deleted] back to Uitra if it’s too hard for you? Or back to WoW or Pikachu Online? Why are you entitled to live in the most lucrative space in the game instead of others?

They’ve already changed.

But it’s affecting Rifters? Fuggedaboutit.

If you can’t defend your space, then IT’S NOT YOUR SPACE!

Are you admitting that Goonswarm is superior to your alliance and that at least certain individual Goons are YOUR superiors?
If they can do it, why can’t you?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure we already did that last year on the like and get likes thread. @ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode was it that thread or another one?

Hmmm, sounds about right. I’m always a little impressed when you guys manage to hit the post limit.

Yeah 10k posts without going wildly off topic and getting locked is a challenge we rarely overcome

I like blackout
It solves the ark cloaky issue I have always had.
Not knowing is a thrill, I just have to use cheaper ships

I can now try to think of ways to be not noticed since I am mo longer instantly broadcast as here when PVE in a space.

Now eve has more depth per system

I love this lack of intel, it makes you think In how to be a carebear in a predator rich environment. I love the hunt since I know I will be harder to find if I take effort to hide.

7 Likes

This Blackout is the best thing that happened to that game and its forums. :joy:

6 Likes

I myself normally wouldn’t post But here is the deal all of you who are bashing the 10000 or so who dropped their accounts that’s about 15 x 10000 x 12 = 1.8 million or so in revenue to ccp. That being said All you devs and GM types who are paid by the consumer where is the paycheck going to come from……… At a certain point even you the hardcore pvpers will find the game unplayable as targets become scarce and ships become hard to come by. And as for you who want to poke at the unsubbers just remember you already are paying to play all you lose are targets.

4 Likes

Please provide a citation for this number. At a glance, it appears to be something you’ve simply made up.

6 Likes

Just read the posts to all the forum and keep a running count then extrapolate based on how many will not post verses active player count. Sorry its a math thing