Local Comms Blackout - Discussion Thread - Part Deux!

Right, so like I said the first time…

…you made it up.

Sorry its a math thing

I do a lot of math things. One of the neat aspects of math things is that you can show your work, and other people can confirm it.

I suspect you’re not good at math things.

12 Likes

Not to argue with you but I guess statistical math is a made up thing well my engineering professors must be liars? Hmmm think not

They’re probably not liars, you’re probably a liar, and they probably expect you to show your work, as well.

11 Likes

Did your engineering professors tell you that 10,000 people unsubscribed from EVE Online? We’re just asking where you are getting the number from.

2 Likes

Done with this game. It’s too much work. It’s supposed to be fun. CCP finally killed their game.

6 Likes

I think you’re going to go far in this sandbox. Seeing this sort of attitude is heartwarming :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Well, they definitely failed as engineering professors if they couldn’t even teach you how to provide sources for data that you cited as an absolute. You’d probably get booted from the order if you tried a stunt like that in a professional capacity.

5 Likes

Personally, I think that the blackout is going to be beneficial for the game. I know from experience that the game has been rapidly losing content for PVP players due to various reasons such as massive super capital umbrellas and so forth. I think the the blackout brings some much needed risk to ratting and mining and it creates new content for both the attackers and the defenders. One of the main benefits I see is that it will drastically affect botters and likely start making botting less profitable, in turn reducing the incentive to botters. Another benefit I think this will bring is a decrease in RMT, because it is likely that many of these botters are behind much of the RMT that goes on in the game. As for pvp, I think this will secure black ops ships as a dominant force in null security space. Without being able to see local or covert cynos, that will give black ops fleets a significant advantage during PVP. People will have to start relying on combat probes and d-scan in order to better react to the new threats that the blackout will pose. One of the main problems with being able to see local in null sec is that most ratters simply have their ships aligned to a POS or citadel and as soon as they see a neutral enter local they simply warp off and the hunter has a very low chance of catching them. However, one of the main issues I see with this change is with rorquals. Like anything in the game there needs to be a good balance. I think that the blackout significantly balances the odds in regards to ratting ships and regular mining ships, however since rorquals are tied down for up to five minutes at a time it could mean almost certain death with a few hundred man bomber fleet. The bomber fleet would be able to bridge in virtually undetected and the rorqual would not know it was in trouble until it was too late and it would be difficult for the defender to react in time in that circumstance. Allot of rorquals are saved because Intel channels for major alliances are able to spot enemy fleets entering local multiple systems out which balances the rorquals odds of escaping. However, the blackops fleets with have no incentive to rush a system as quickly as possible to catch a rorqual, they will be able to take their time and bridge in a way that would make them almost undetectable until they are already on top of the rorqual. Overall, I think it would be a great change for the game with only a few things to possibly balance.

2 Likes

I agree mostly. It’s an amazing update in my opinion and is personally second only to the abyssal update that introduced filaments and stuff. I make ISK running abyssals and its hella profitable for very little investment. I hope the blackout is here to stay!

6 Likes

Actually a bot decided. Please read last post of the first thread.

10K total would be a drop in the bucket. The dudes in CCP have way more money than you, or I for that matter. That considered, I think they’re a much better representation of people who know how to take care of finances.
This game has been running for almost two entire decades. Most of the people screeching were not even a thought. And this game is still here, likely due to the fact that some of the CCP crew are business and accounting degree holding bean counters.
So your ‘business logic’ is pretty much already a dead horse before you started kicking it. Actually if you had more business logic you’d probably be jumping up and down with joy at the profits you’d be making if you weren’t busy trying to ‘scare CCP straight with my lame arguments’.
And if we’re talking about 10k whiny AFK miners and bots, then good friggin riddance.
“V” for Victory

2 Likes

Can I have your stuff?

Dude, I’ve said it like… too many damned times. Nothing really changes for you if you play the game the way it was intended to be played. You know, at the flippin’ keyboard, paying attention, not dicking about bored and watching “Netflix” (we all know its pr0n).
If you’re scared of pirates, then act accordingly. Fit more tank. Instead of flying a covetor or retriever, use a procurer. Stick a higgs in a rig slot and stay aligned. Have buddies in system that can come to your aid. If you had a slow reaction and didn’t punch warp fast enough.
There are a ton of ways to deal with no local. The biggest one is having friends, being blue to the duders that are in the space you’re in. The best thing, is to just play smart. Stay aligned. Don’t be a lazy derp and be sitting still in dangerous space. Be prepared to either cut and run, or fight.
The V key is your friend.
“V” for Victory

2 Likes

As for your last point… no, Goonswarm isn’t “superior” to any of them, they just recruit any meat they can, and rent out to even more meat. It ends up being a numbers game where Goons can just out blob anyone with F1 monkeys until attrition takes its toll.
Not saying that it’s not a valid or effective method of play. Its kinda like chinaconomics, where they manufacture and sell so much cheap crap that the world buys because its cheap, then the world wonders… where is all our gold?
It’s super effective :smiley:

1 Like

Can… an alphabro have all your crap?
Might bring someone who actually wants to play a bit of joy.

1 Like

They can, yes. At the same time, using only Miner IIs, a Rorqual still mines about 160% of a boosted Hulk’s yield. Without caring about training for the crystals or the strip miners. So there’s still no real upside to downgrading to a Hulk.

Don t Rorqual have the panic module incase they are jumped?

There are no renters within Goonswarm or the Imperium. In fact, we operate our rental program at a loss, simply to deny those renters’ payments to our enemies.

I will, however, say our organizational wherewithal is superior to other groups’, simply because we’ve had to be in order to make things work for this many members.

2 Likes

Oh and fit a cyno as well.

lmao, answered that question, definitely don’t live in null, but has opinion on how it should be run…

Mind you these are not just my own sentiments, but the same sentiments felt throughout most of the alliance I’m in, and many many other players and alliances as well…normally that kind of stuff matters…

And as for the goon comments reinforce that you don’t live in NULL, lmao