Local is Trash

You already assume he did read too much.

Do you actually believe stuff like this happens?

I lived out of wormholes until like 2016 so yes, I do.

That is not why local is a ā€œthingā€, local is just a system wide communication channel. However, since you brought it up, are the people in these ships that canā€™t fight the same ones who refuse to use Dscan?

Yes, or start your own.
Wormhole space is really neat.
Get good at Dscan, making safe points and that sort of thing and you will love it there.

1 Like

Why?
I prefer Dscan personally, local just tells me they exist. Maybe in highsec that would make sense to me, but in low and nullsec it really doesnā€™t seem to make a lot of sense. Especially in the case of people who are cloaked.

Dscan, find nothing, warp to a different spotā€¦rinse and repeat. meanwhile your WT is doing exactly the same in a different constellation.

Pilots donā€™t read localā€¦

Was visiting Ryddinjorn VI - Moon 2 - Pator Tech School just now, then thinking about my past of being a fresh Minmatar pilot many moons ago

/local
"Iceacid Frostpacker > Minmatar 7 daysā€¦ first pilot to type o/ gets 100million isk leaving system in 5 mins
"

Not a single pilot typed in local or perhaps every pilot is space rich.

I live in wormholes in 2021 and itā€™s not even a little true. What hole did you live in? Are you sure you didnā€™t get bashed because you were a loot piƱata?

Sorry to go off track here but Iā€™m pleased you changed your profile picture, the last one bugged me.

Ok carry on :slightly_smiling_face:

I was facing my enemy.

Well, thatā€™s another billion isk you owe me.

Someone just canā€™t keep their big mouth shut.

Maybe they know who you are

Iā€™ve spent a good deal of time doing exactly that and with or without local itā€™s the same process. All local does is inform you of arrivals and departures while giving you a place to talk or, in most cases spew spam.

Yes I am the trash can that is jettisoned.

Yes, the problem is that people prefer easy fights. If the odds are against then they will evade (dock, cloak, filament,ā€¦) rather then engage, very often they do it even if is a close call.
I wont engage a roaming enemy in my barge, and if I reship he will wont engage me. So, why bother? I just dock, take a bathroon break and he is gone when I get back.
If I want PVP I will join the home defense fleet or go in a roam myself but Iā€™m not really holding my breath in expectation of those super exciting fights.

1 Like

I fly a ship named Doomed Loot PiƱata.

1 Like

I tend to engage back, it rarely works out but if Iā€™m lucky I learn something. Like how not to bubble my friends for exampleā€¦ That didnā€™t go over well at all.

I even sometimes mine in a afk-proc just to lure some neut. Sofar they came in and left without even trying me. So risk adverse? No. Do I suck at pvp? Yes. But other so called pvplers like the OP too :joy:
Just my 2 cents

O wish I learned something the day i got into interdictors (lost 3 sabres that day).
But I have a hard time trying to figure oit what that could have been.

And that is just an example of me doing something reckless and getting out of it none the wiser.

shrugs