Local should be delayed

Those were glorious days.

The fact that local chat is the most powerful and used Intel tool is a serious game design flaw. Will they fix it? Probably not as too many people can’t live without their crutch. If local was never in the game to begin with then there wouldn’t have been anything to miss.

The mistake with blackout was that CCP does what they always do and half ass things. If at the same time as they did blackout they added interesting gameplay options to both get Intel and evade being part of that Intel then it might have worked.

Instead we get blackout removed and local made even more powerful in tandem with the observatories. Now you not only know they are there but you know they are active. Afk cloaking was the only counter to local and now that is gone the Krabs can bask in even more perfect unavoidable Intel.

2 Likes

Look for activity during blackout before… it was a river if tears from ppl saying there’s nothing to hunt in nulllsec, and when they find some, they cry because there’s a fleet protecting them …so no, not enhancement to me.

You mean all the 47362638363637 afk alts camping with no way to be countered… We don’t need them.

It would enhance the game. Most people don’t understand how much they depend on local. It would make gameplay much more appealing.

And yes, people would die more. As intended :smiley:

I just pointed to you they did it before and the effect was the opposite, take a read again. Ppl just mass exodus for HS or instanced gameplay cause without local it’s just not worth it ratting in nulllsec given the high reward activities in HS. You add BS and caps skyrocket prices because of crappy Indy changes, i tell you no ■■■■■■■ soul will stay in nulllsec, except for big and we’ll organized groups with ready to blue ball fleets to defend their PVE activities, consequently bringing a river of tears from hunters saying there’s nothing to hunt in nulllsec…it happened before just take a read

1 Like

That’s because most peeps can’t handle actually having to have situational awareness.

Blackout would be glorious :smiley:

1 Like

you just dont want to understand lol… they DID it before it was BAD. if you need a powerpoint presentation, gimme your email

Oh no I understand.

It wasn’t bad because of the mechanic. Its cause most EVE players are actually wussies :smiley:

1 Like

I come bearing good news! I have time traveled to the past and discussed this with some of the yesteryear developers of CCP.

They expressed some concern over the proven effects of the Blackout update on player count in my timeline of origin, but in the end I was able to talk them into a trial period involving a separate cluster of systems from typical space. Thematically, these systems will be in a new galaxy. To support why normal surveillance doesn’t work, this system won’t have any Jump Gates, or any way to anchor an Anciblex. Instead, travel to and from this galaxy will only be possible through local space-time distrotions called wormholes. They’ll use this as an intro to add non-human aliens to Eve, and bring in some new ships and technologies as well! Current plans are to call these new aliens Roamers, and their new galaxy The Midnight Milk Spill.

If all goes well, I’ve commissioned by CCP to travel back in time next year to early 2019 and let them know. At that point, they’ll either look into expanding blackout into the original galaxy, or initiating an alien invasion that threatens all of New Eden and forces everyone to move into the Midnight Milk Spill permanently.

With any luck, by the time you read this the time-ripples caused by my benevolent journey will have caught up to us and you’ll be able to experience it without any waiting period. Even better, maybe you already have!! Either way, I hope you enjoy them. Pour your heart into building them up so I can deliver a good report!

Cheers,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Time Traveller

EDIT – Even time travel isn’t perfect. Looks like they changed the names on me… I understand that may strain the credibility of my tale, but please understand, it’s CCP’s efforts on Anoikis that count, not my own accuracy in portraying events.

Oh I know Pochpoch and WHs have blackout.

I want it everywhere :smiley:

Rat populations explode whenever they find a place that predators can’t access. Telling the rats that they can mine in Pochven won’t work. The rats only accumulate where they have local.

Oh you mean the roamer that agress a barge, then run like a chicken and filament out when a single caracal form up?

Sure?

I just want blackout in all sectors of space.

And lets be real, its not just a single cara LOL.

Yes i was there many times, was a single caracal cause I WAS there , not you.

Uh huh. Sure there was LOL.

I’m not sure what your beef is? I simply want blackout in all sectors of space.

It will affect fleet comp and actually make people employ tactics.

it wont, especially HS,

I know this cause I would abuse the living ever Sh!T out of such mechanics…so many in HS would rage and quit and never come back to EvE.

Yes, peeps would have to adapt or die :smiley:

Yes, this right here!

Blackout was fun for like 2 days until most of the PVE players stopped undocking or moved to something like abyssals. Even delaying local until breaking gate-cloak would be massively overpowered.

From my experience of hunting targets in nullsec, the only change I would suggest is delaying a person appearing in local until they load grid in that system. I live in the UK and one of my main hunting partners lives in Australia, I appear in local about 2-3s before I load grid, but if we jump a gate at the same time he’s often got 4-5 extra seconds spent in warp tunnel when targets can see him in local.

It would be a small benefit to roamers without breaking the balance and making it impossible to krab. Regional inconsistancy would also be mostly eliminated.