Looking for a corp, preferably PvP

Hey,

Very new to the game. Currently doing the Agency missions and reading up on the game. Love the feel of it. I come from a PvP MUDing background and EVE pretty much looks/feels the same but with graphics - great stuff.

Not really sure what form of PvP I’m looking for, be it piracy or whatever but I’ll need some help getting into it all.
I do not play every day so something casual would be nice. Hanging out with folks in groups and pvping is all I’m really looking for.

Hit me up if you know a place I’d fit into.

/D

I suggest you look for a decent lowsec/wh/npc nullsec group. Piracy is the most entertaining part of this game! Imagine roaming around lawless space with a bunch of bloodthirsty reavers catching careless victims. Extorting larger player groups for isk by shutting their money making factories. Being able to do whatever you want with no strings attached. And much more!

I would however not recommend sovereignty alliances. Reason is you are working towards their goals, and all you end up doing is benefiting the leaders who honestly dont care about you at all. You are just a meatshield to them.

Its up to you! Play for fun! Play your own game and create your own story. Whatever you do don’t fall into the sov null trap.

O7

Thanks for the reply. I’ve done some reading. Piracy seems to fit my casual pvp needs best as there is no pvp arena (correct me if I’m wrong). I read something about “Stay Frosty”. Apparently a corp that help new pirates get on their feet. Could anyone second that statement?

/D

They are a good group! Old fashioned pirates that take the time to teach new blood are well respected. Just make sure you type yarrr on local while you engage your victim :wink:

Another thing about piracy is that you are not restricted in one region! Pirates go all around the universe hunting. If a gang lives in lowsec it doesn’t mean they only roam there, to keep things fresh and fun groups will travel to all parts of space spreading violence!

I will never forget the time when i first joined my first real pirate corp. And i recommend all new players experience the shady, criminal underworld! Best of luck!

Yarr!

its amazing out here :slight_smile:

O/,

I asked myself recently the same question as a newbro and here at what i gathered :

Null sec alliance pvp :

If you like huge deployments with hundreds of other players, capital ships and so on : go to a null sec alliance. Corps like Karmafleet, Brave Newbies are opened to newbies ( in fact they are school and recruitments centers) and have funding programs to give you ships and skillbooks.

As already said by others, you will a be a grunt, and low skilled too boot, inside a huge army. So you will mainly follow orders. But at the same time if you enjoy flying specialized ships inside a bigger whole, you will find your happiness there ( even low skilled roles like tacking or e-war are very important).

Wormholes :

If you like cloak and dagger, hunting without being seen on local, raiding from a wormhole which your prey didn’t know it led to your lair, try wormhole alliances.

Sovereignity works more or less as null-sec ( the « blue donut » effect) but ships tend to be smaller since wormholes disappear after too much mass or just don’t allow bigger ships.

Ganking :

« To crush high sec dwellers, to see them tremble in fear before you, and to hear the lamentations in the local channel ».

Ganking is fighting ( and killing) other players in high sec, mostly suicide missions when the ship you loose to concord is worth less than your victim’s one. To sum up you spend your time sitting in a gate killing defenseless people but for them it’s a science to reach your goals before concord arrives, so speadsheets and strategy are still involved.

Ganking also work in low sec but in this case you are just killing defenceless people without even concord factor to take into account : you just have a gun and they don’t.

Faction Warfare :

Once you enlist, for minmatar freedom for instance, you are in a constant war with all the players enlisted in the opposing factions, anmar slavers and caldari oligarchs in this case. And concord doesn’t intervene in this conflict so you can shot in high sec too. Permanent war to sum up.

FW resolves around small deadspace areas called plexes where opposite sides fight for the control. Each plex being conquered in a matter of minutes. No need to say those spaces are basically pvp arenas.

Be aware that you will loose access to half the empire territories. And you won’t be safe in high sec. Therefore an alt hauler or mission runner will be mandatory if you want to continue those activities.

FW is therefore mainly solo pvp and small gang pvp. Think of it as the dirty dozen pvp. The corp I am in is currently recruiting and is newbro friendly ( our alliance Ushra’Khan is one of the oldest of eve).

Piracy :

In low sec, and certain spaces of null, exist individual pirates and alliances. Most of the time, it’s mainly small gang and solo pvp. Like FW but without the background and mechanisms, actually a lot of « pirates » hang in FW space looking for fights : they just shoot both sides.

There are also a special type of pvp against blue donuts spaces. Even if those big null sec alliances are basically superpowers, you can still poke them in their soft bellies hunting their industrial and mining backbone in their own space.

It’s basically asymmetrical warfare since you are running in small gang in enemy space avoiding their huge retaliation fleet. Pirates do it but also other null sec or low sec alliances : it’s a strategy.

Two special cases :

Red vs Blue : a same alliance with inside two sides in a permanent war. Therefore very pvp oriented with fun and cheap ships’ battles. Looks like a great place to learn pvp.

Eve University : as its name suggests, this alliance gave itself as a goal to be the univiersity of this universe. Very newbro friendly and they have pvp as part of their cursus.

o/ & fly reckless

1 Like

Hi there!

Krypted Gaming is looking for quality, social pilots to join us on our space adventures. We are a community focused on quality over quantity, and look for pilots with great attitudes towards the game and fellow players. We live in the nullsec region of Deklein, and are proud members of SLYCE.

We aim to be,

• Tight Knit (~40-50 actual humans)
  • Highly active (88.5% of our members are online daily)
  • Top Contributors in PvP & Industry (top 3 for monthly alliance fleet participation)
  • Knowledgable & Approachable (tons of guides on our website)

Whether you are a new player or veteran, we are looking for team players who want to contribute to a community. All of our members are active, decent human beings (except our corporate Grandpa, Helltrek) with lives outside of the game. Given that, we also have plenty of memes!

Monthly Krypted Updates
Fleet Commander Logs
EVE Online Guides

Come chat with us in our Discord!

youll love it here

@Strepan_Dorsett That sum up was really helpful. Cheers!

Gonna check out those corps :slight_smile:

Join goons

1 Like

Hi
Check your in game mail, i have sent you some information.
i think from your LF thread that we would be a good fit.
Take a look and let me know if you are interested!
Fly safe o7
K

as long as you can fulfill the SP requirement , watch the vids :slight_smile:
you would like it here m8

Hey, @Torquin_Vys! I just started a corp to run public PVP fleets - and we also recruit vets and newbros to set up a solid corp besides the running of fleets - a bit of mining, atm still in high sec 0.5 - but later in our low sec home, too.

We want to achieve critical mass of players for the corp and not only for our discord and would be happy to have more miners/indy people who help our new and old miners - so perhaps this is something for you: New? Old? Alone? Don't be - join Puffin Squads - Home of the Underdogs

We are a relaxed group and know all about RL aggro, GFs and kids - the corp just started out, but with public fleets and the new members there is always something to do when you have time and no pressure as we are all in the same boat - and we could really use a vet to help getting it up and running - check it out :slight_smile:

Join the discord for questions: https://discord.gg/deVNUju - hope to see you there and in space!

Cheers,

Mad Librarian (MadLib)

Hey Torquin Vys, I am a recruiter for Virus Corp, we are stationed and operate out of syndicate. Virus Corp is a Newbro friendly corp that focuses on industry, PVP training and other carebear activities. The goal of Virus is to provide you with a relatively safe, casual environment to earn ISK and learn the game, while also providing a low pressure entry point into PVP. Once you’ve spent some time in Virus and have learned the ropes you can become eligible to join our parent corp UFO. Below is a general description of what Virus Corp has to offer along with a link to UFO’s recruitment page so you can see what they have to offer as well. Feel free to contact me in game for more information or join our recruitment discord server!

Discord: UFO and Virus Recruitment

Virus Corp
Virus is a Nullsec-based Newbro-oriented corporation whose membership enjoys the entire range of EVE’s activities. Virus was established to be the entry level gateway to Null Sec, PVP and ultimately our parent Corp UFO. We are a home for friendly, casual, easy-going, and mature individuals who are active and enjoy learning new things.
We are committed to ensuring that we as a corporation achieve our goals, short and long term, and provide a relaxed atmosphere of mutual fun and enjoyment to our membership.
What we offer:
→ A mature team of players that are friendly, supportive, and knowledgeable in all aspects of EVE.
→ Help and advice for the inexperienced.
→ Active leadership and a relaxed atmosphere.
→ Opportunity to fly with experienced FCs in everything from small gang fights to medium size fleet engagements
→Corp provided doctrine ships
→Moon Mining, Reactions, and other industrial focused services
→Free Cloning Service
→Corporate Jump Freighter Services

What we look for:
→ Active players interested assisting the corp when possible
→ Trying out PVP and willingness to learn from mistakes.
→ Working microphone and ability to use Discord and TS3.
→ Speak English.
→ Mature team player.

UFO Recruitment Page:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.