As the title says, I’m looking for a group. I’m a Navy vet in my late 20’s who’s in grad school to study space science, and I’m starting up with that stuff this week. I also have 3 degrees in other fields, so I can hopefully bring something to the table. Well, something that doesn’t involve only being there to soil your killboard while demonstrating increasingly cringey ways to die.
I want to ease back into EVE Online a little bit, as time allows… and get into a corp where I don’t feel isolated or, just as bad, lost in a crowd of faces and pixels. Way too many times I’ve ended up basically alone with empty corp chats, and that sucks the fun out of social (and casual) players like me. Thus, it gets easy to burn out of the game when my sole interaction with others is sudden run-ins in my fav ships vs 15 dudes afk camping somewhere. /end salt
Anyway, here I am, ready to give it yet another go. Yeah, I’m obviously a crappy pilot. My killboard will spell it out, if this paragraph hasn’t already done that. I’m looking for a somewhat medium-large (200 or so active players) casual group across most/all major time zones. Elite pvp (whatever that means) isn’t likely for me, so I’m looking for a more laid back bunch this time around.
So, here’s the detailed stuff on the sort of corps I’m looking for. If you don’t like the stuff I have above, please disregard and don’t bother copy/pasting anything.
What I’m looking for:
- Large-ish corp active in most TZ’s (because my own schedule is woefully unpredictable at best, and I usually don’t stick around too long if all I hear are crickets)
- Normally chill with people who can’t play very often (because that’s definitely me these days)
- Preferably based in Delve, as I’ve got lots of stuff there. However, that’s not necessarily required, if I like you guys.
- Given that I’m a vet and a grad student in my late 20’s (with multiple existing degrees already), I’m looking for a community whose member base has peeps somewhat like me in any/all of those areas.
- Bonus points if “all of the above” is present!
What I bring:
- I can probably fly most of your posted doctrines – 140m+ SP goes a long way towards that.
- I have more bullshitting skills than your most elite used car salesmen
- I’m a vet, if that means much in this community. With that comes a few skills that don’t involve flying ships (because thank the gods that it’s not the only thing that matters here).
- I’ve got 3 degrees plus the spacey stuff I’m currently studying. I’d be happy to put those skills to work.
What I also bring:
- A fresh (but strangely attractive) hobo scent from a perpetually empty wallet
- Epic kills… because I’m that crappy of a pilot. (At least every one of my deaths is somehow unique in its own way.)
- I’ve got a bunch of stuff in Delve’s 1-DQ – if I wind up with a corp that’s already there.
— Not sure how active I’ll be on comms. I already have to use a ton of third party apps for my college work (in grad school), so odds are I’ll just be active on a single comms platform. (I currently have Mumble and Pidgin installed.)