Looking to run an EvE-wide event - 1 Race, No Rules, Big prizes, Hopefully bigger fights!

This is still very much a thing and throughout Jan I have been busy with Corp recruitment so haven’t updated but am now working on putting some “tweaks” to the route and hopefully getting a website up and running.

I will update again in a few days with more news (if I have any!) but currently feedback I have had is:

• Buy in price is too high;
  • Buy in price is too low (actual words were “Naa mate, make it 10B to enter, get rid of the poors and make it proper winnings!”)
  • This is a scam; and
  • Na, I know this guy and he’s alright. Met him in Vegas and got wrecked! (not sure if this is feedback…?).

I have also received a lot of suggestions about how people would “improve” it but adding tasks for people to complete in systems or some other suggestion requiring participants to complete some sort of task.

Just want to reiterate, the only task the participants will be forced to complete to win is to visit the systems in the order provided. If I introduce rules, people will get round them and it will be very difficult for me to confirm this so the easiest way is not to have any rules. Also, this adds to the “Mad Max” feeling of the race.

Once I have a route planned I will be testing it by asking corp members (some very log-standing players so hopefully know all the tricks) to test it on SiSi… I will let you all know how that goes.

I will also (hopefully if RL life permits) be more aggressively advertising this and securing those donations I spoke with you about (like the 50B Prize Pool).

Still planning all and thanks for the support and challenges.

EDIT:
This isn’t the final route and you can’t see systems so don’t mind posting but I’m thinking something like this:

+270 jumps (slow-boating), +30 checkpoint systems((24%HS/55%LS/21%NS) with lots of potential for content.