Looking to try out invasions

Hey all,

I read through some old closed threads and looked at other resources, such as @Ashterothi’s workbench. However information on invasions fleet comps etc seems hard for me to find.

For me specifically I’m in the following situation. I’m coming back from a long hiatus (3 years or so?). After an awesome CCP office tour last year my son is now a new capsuleer. I was thinking invasions could be a fun PVE activity to try together.

I’m sitting at a point where I can fly pretty much anything subcap. My son is around 10mil SP, all Caldari. He actually listened to me and focused on his core skills more than racing to battleships, so while he can’t fly everything, what he can fly is fairly solid.

I have another alt, or a third friend interested so it seemed minors are something we could do as a fleet of three. I’m just having a hard time figuring out a decent comp to fly.

Thanks in advance.

WB.

I have only run these solo… got lazy… and things went badly… lets not talk about that, having said that, I’d try:

For yourself,

This

[Bhaalgorn, trigs Forum]

Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Core B-Type Large Armor Repairer
Heat Sink II
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Heat Sink II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Heat Sink II

Shadow Serpentis Stasis Webifier
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Shadow Serpentis Heavy Stasis Grappler
Shadow Serpentis Stasis Webifier
Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script

Mega Modulated Pulse Energy Beam I, Imperial Navy Multifrequency L
Heavy Knave Scoped Energy Nosferatu

Large Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Salvage Drone I x17

Multifrequency L x4
Standard L x4
Tracking Speed Script x1

which I found here.

Then son in a

Drake

[Drake Navy Issue, Fleet Trig]

Power Diagnostic System II
Ballistic Control System II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
Gist C-Type Explosive Deflection Field
Thermal Dissipation Field II
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Precision Script

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Assault Missile
Shield Command Burst II, Shield Extension Charge

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

well a drake navy at least.

And your alt/friend, you don’t mention what they can use, so I assumed

Pretty much anything else?

[Rokh, Fleet Trigs]

Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Large Micro Jump Drive
Gist X-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge L

Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Large Core Defense Field Extender II

Valkyrie II x5

I also thought 2 vigilants & Exequror / Oneirous could be interesting/fun, but wasn’t sure if that suited. Course, bhaal, vindi + logi or another bhaal/vindi (with local tanks) would get through them pretty quickly.

Fairly sure you need to tank against explosive & kinetic, but not sure what the exact numbers are.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

How about spider tanking stuff?

Both you, your son, and your friend in any drone ships each with two remote rep, and two remote cap booster, with drones as main weapon.

Use egress rig, cap batteries, power relays modules for the cap stuff. focus on resist for the tank. Maybe sensor booster against jammer. balance the fit depending on the ship choice.

Repping and cap boost each other. While you guys drones do the work. One of you might want to fit a single long range beam turret, so the others can assist their drone to him and he just point the beam to an enemy.

People call it drone bunny, but my friend call this role as laser kitten. Coz, you know, point the beam and cats chase it. It could make the fleet easier to coordinate and more efficient.

Its kinda nice, since your son still training the core skills and the only thing he need are remote cap and repair skill, which has matching remap with the core skills.

Also, you say he is focusing Caldari? Then you might want to prepare some Gallente BS skill for the RR Rattlesnake. or any gurista ship since they got good line of ships.

Drone skills and skills for cap chain like this are hugely needed in his future EVE careers in many fleet.

Rattlesnake, logi and salvager. Logi can be Leshak, for some more DPS. Son can fly RHML Praxis, no need for BS skills - all you need is already there. Large portion of ISK comes from salvage material and do not forget about drone nerf in invaded systems. So - no drone boats.

Thanks everyone. It helps. I should have mentioned my other friend has been playing longer than I have, and didnt take a break. So he is in the “can pretty much fly everything” category.

Does anyone know roughly what kind of tank/ logi DPS we should aim for in minor conduits? I figure once we can handle those we could join some fleets for majors

Why don’t you come to one of my fleets? The ships on the workbench are just a fraction of the ships we have for people to use. Hop into the in game channel “ash’s lounge” or check out my stream! We would love to have you!

I was planning too. I’m already joined to the channel and watch your streams (and your vegas TIS streams today).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.