Loot Should go to Highest Damage

The Loot goes to whomever gets it off the wreck/object first.

PS: A fun trick is dropping an MTU. It will tractor the yellow wreck (iirc) but not loot it. Other capsuleer probably notice too late and its quite difficult to intercept/loot the wreck while its being tractored.

MTUs will never tractor yellow (to you as owner of the MTU) wrecks. What you see is somebody else owns the wreck and let it tractor in, which makes it difficult for you to ninja loot it.

The ignorance and stupidity is this thread is very strong.

4 Likes

“MTUs do not loot wrecks that are not yours. There are some griefers that prey on this misunderstanding. After arriving in your mission pocket they may drop an MTU of their own – hoping you will engage it on the presumption that it will steal your loot, and collect it for the griefer. It is best to ignore these rogue MTUs as apart from moving wrecks, they won’t affect you.”

Mobile structures - EVE University Wiki

Its been a while that Ive tried, cos I usually run long range arties and snipe the ship first, but if Im wrong about MTUs tractoring yellow wrecks, then Im wrong. Note: Im talking tractoring, not looting, by the MTU.

Anyways, my point is that the loot goes to whomever gets it into their cargo hold first.
Who does most damage, or last hit, is incidental.

The text is misleading, MTUs will not touch wrecks you have no right to loot. Again, you can easily test that … sigh

2 Likes

Fair enough.
No need to get your panties in a twist.

Regardless of the above, the loot goes to whomever gets it into their cargo hold.
Its not yours till its in your ship.
Most damage/last hit is incidental.

Not in my world … because you also have to get away with it. It’s only yours when you unloaded the stuff in station. :wink:

1 Like

No, its yours, as long as its in your cargo hold.
If someone else wants it, they have to get it out of your wreck into their cargo hold.
Same applies to both.

Possession is 9/10ths of the law, in EVE also.

How does it help the bear when i wait for him to shoot it and then take it anyway, regardless of who has the (silly idea of a) “right” to take it?

Yea the loot goes to who ever is stronger in pvp because once the other person takes it, it’s game on!

It doesnt.

As I said, OPs premise is flawed.

No Loot is yours, unless its in your cargo hold.
And even then, it only remains yours as long as its in your cargo hold.

I dont consider raw isk payout to be “loot”.
Loot is items.
ISK is handled by a number of different , distinct mechanics separate from items found on/taken from wrecks/objects in space.

It helps the bear to get angry enough to shoot the suspect looting “his” reward. I once jumped into a site, went to the final rat (knowing I’m too late for top damage) and just waited until the bear was 10km away (checked the killboard in the meantime) … then I took it, watched the reaction … it ended with a killmail.

1 Like

He asked how it helps.
Thats hardly helpful.

It’s not based on last hit you fool, what are you even talking about?

He’s quite obviously talking about loot “rights” in PvE when multiple people are shooting the same rat. OP thinks the rights go to the person who got last hit, which is false. The looting rights on the wreck go to who ever did most damage over the lifespan of the rat. We used to shoot rats down to low shield several times and allow it to partially recharge between, then wait for some fool to come kill the rat. Even though he shoots the rat all the way through shield, armor and hull we would already have accumulated enough damage on target to make the wreck ours. Usually the ratter believing himself to be solo (we’re cloaked) will loot the wreck without noticing the colour (because he alone and killed rat himself) and go suspect.

Totally unnecessary.
Remove it and I will remove this post quoting it.

Fool - a person who acts unwisely or imprudently; a silly person.

Pretty necessary I reckon.

I’m not seeing what you consider your leverage to be here. Leave whatever you want :blush:

6 Likes

Can you point where this works? Looks interesting.

Your post stands on its own merit.
It doesnt need this personal attack, and it earns you nothing.

Grow a thicker skin Salvos you don’t have to martyr yourself on the cross of political correctness / politeness. Calling someone a fool when they do silly things is actually not something to be upset about. Nor is being called one when you’re wrong.

Not sure I understand the question. Was several years back and we were doing it in asteroid belts for the most part as I remember.

Its not necessary to add the insult ontop.
Fulfills no function.

ITT: Until I showed up, nobody pointed out the truth, that it aint yours till its in your cargo.

I did that without insulting/attacking anyone, whereas everyone previous had focused on the irrelevancy of damage/last hit.