Loot Should go to Highest Damage

Well done for explaining what nobody was talking about or wanted to know, another Salvos victory :muscle:

How silly of them all for discussing the actual issue with the post, the fact it is based in fallacy.

Here’s a cookie :cookie:

5 Likes

The popularly-conceived “last hit” wive’s tale misconception probably comes from the kill boards which prominently feature a “final blow” statistic very conspicuously and importantly, and people seem to put a lot of weight on it (i.e. all the other blows were totally irrelevant even if 100 people were shooting - it was the FINAL BLOW which mattered).

I’m sure this is where the mis-notion comes from. Also, probably other games have this retarded mechanic.

1 Like

Why? I killed it, I eat it.

1 Like

It goes to last hit. If it didn’t there would never have been something called Ninja Looting.
You fly in at the last second killing the named, scooping the loot causing your carebear to blow a gasket and shoot at you, this is when you hop into something appropriate and stuff his feelings back in.
It has always been last hit.
Don’t let them fool you.

2 Likes

Chicken, do it all in a frigate.

Curse and a Bhaalgorn. Frigates are for newbro’s.

I smoked, but I did not inhale.

1 Like

Its top damage.
Its just most NPCs dont have enough ehp for it to matter.
And sniping a site is when you land right near the end after the poor newbie has spent 30 minutes grinding through the waves and kill the freshly spawned end 'boss’
If you can generate a situation where a tiny final blow on a high HP NPC reliably gives you the wreck then you’ve found a bug and need to be reporting it.

P.S. Ninja looting is actually grabbing it from ‘their’ wreck, going suspect and escaping.

I found a severely damaged Dread Gurista in a belt with nobody else around and killed it. The wreck turned yellow. It definitely goes to top damage.

I though this was crystal clear for most players, during the Gala event Gila pilots were wondering why ownership of the special wreck was always going to me on a Cynabal.

only if the volley damage of the final blow beats the other player damage
if a npc has 10k health and i do 8k damage then the npc has 2k left
if you volley it for 26k damage you get the loot
even though you only did 2k damage it still counts as 26k

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Ninja looting doesn’t work how you described either.

it once was last hit , then players started mission invasions and sniping the battleships and getting the bounty .
and mission runners cried and it was changed to top damage .
then players started using battleships and out-damaging the mission runner , so they cried again and get special protection as been linked in thread 

“When an NPC is killed by a player, the player who did the most damage to it gets ownership of any loot containers that may drop and of the wreck left behind by that NPC. The only exception to that are NPCs in missions, their wrecks and dropped containers are always assigned to the character that accepted the mission the NPCs are part of, independently of who destroyed them.”

No, this special protection happened because newbies were getting constantly blackmailed on the SoE arc for several key pieces of loot by more experienced players. This is also why the rookie griefing policy got extended to cover the SoE arc as well.

I’m not defending whiners who cry to CCP to get the game changed to their liking. However, here, top damage is a better mechanic that just makes more sense, in my opinion. I have no idea why ‘last hit’ should be any more relevant than ‘first hit’ or ‘middle hit’ or any other hit. It’s dumb. The notion has merely been cemented into the popular consciousness because of killboards which prominently display the ‘final blow.’

2 Likes

yeah, then you were suspect otherwise the carebear gets concordokkened for engaging.

Its most damage.

Also correct, if you get that last sliver of armor with a 1400mm arty wrecking shot you likely get the wreck as that hit likely passed 20,000 damage.

Its most damage, and overkill counts.

Is there an official confirmation? Because the damage log only records the fraction left on HP for killing blow (same with killmails in PvP). At least this would explain some people‘s observations, but I would consider that if true as a bug.

CCPs position is most damage, which is easy enough to test.

The link from CCP support is in this very thread.

The overkill thing I am not 100% on, but it would explain so oddities that I have seen in the past.

Not questioning top damage of course, I linked the article. :wink: But was curious about the overkill 
 when I find the right situation, will give it a try.