Lost everythng in a system that fell to Trigs? WTF!

Other games only don’t require you to read their patch notes because nothing important ever changes. That EVE sees so much real change that you can be at a serious disadvantage if you ignore the news, is a testament to its singular status in the MMO world.

It would be wrong to shy away from change just because it could hurt players who have been gone for months or even years, and might come back one day, or maybe never. The game is primarily for those who play it, not for those who maybe will consider playing it again at some point in the future.

Also, ISK in your wallet will presumably always be safe, as will be your character itself and the skillpoints. So even if you come back after a long absence and have lost a lot of stuff, you still have your character and your money, which is all you need to continue playing and enjoying the game. If you go on a really long break with everything you own in vulnerable assets rather than at least a mix of assets and liquid ISK, you’re doing it wrong.

oh shut up
we are rich and powerful
we trying to fight for the small guys here
we don’t need to read patch notes for the rest of our lives

1 Like

This is where grandfather mechanics come in. They offer a one-time protection and/or event to soften the transition toward monumental changes. Forsaken Fortress should have applied only to structures fielded after rollout, for example. There are a number of ways in which the transition from K-space fo T-space could have been grandfathered as well.

2 Likes

CCP needs to realize that there is a significant percentage of their customers whose RL fulltime jobs/careers/family precludes turning EVE into a fulltime/part time job. That percentage of players cannot answer the 3am battle call, play 20+ hours over the weekend, or drop everything during a weekday to get a couple of hours in. They may have to be absent from the EVE universe for extended periods due to job/family obligations.

I don’t mind as much if someone is able to play more than I can and be fairly rewarded with obtaining new items, isk,etc. What many of us object to is actually being penalized by having already earned rewards being removed from a player if they fail to always maintain some form of direct contact with the game and its evolution. Since CCP emails us constantly about skins and PLEX offers, couldn’t they easily add more consistent messaging about upcomming gameplay changes?

21 Likes

I need to finish reading these patch notes before I log back in . . .

11 Likes

I see that he’s having issues with the font,too.

9 Likes

You know exactly whot would have happen after triglavian reach 27
And yet, you decide to take, whot i like to call, the edencom way
Complaining about because you didn’t do anything

You can buy a filament in any NPC station in Trig space for 10,000 isk and use it to get to a Trig Minor Victory. It’s an easy way out that guarantees you’ll be in low or hi sec

1 Like

thats easy money to be made in trig space tbh.
for the people who actually want to live in trig space you could just potentially sell your assets for a higher markup and make a profit.

1 Like

sorry,not getting it. need to access the NPC station in trig space to get to my assets in the first place. Are market mechanics still a thing in trig space??

They can’t activate them :stuck_out_tongue:

The markets in the NPC stations in null work just as expected yes, assuming you can get in system, if your skills allow you to remotely create sell orders then you can still do that if you can get in range

What do you mean by that? There’s no requirements to use one of those filaments

1 Like

you could just contract them.
and no as for the market it doesnt require standings to use

There is no visible requirement no, but its been tested and capitals can’t use them, this includes freighters and bowheads, would be a little exploitable otherwise, would mean being able to get out without having to wait for the right type of WH and without the risk of trying to actually get out having to slowboat 76km :stuck_out_tongue:

That i can do. Apparently i need to read more of the dev logs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, you’re correct there. There is no way to get capital ships out or in. None of the wormholes are large enough either. For that specific issue, it would be better to try to sell those to someone local, or move in (but if they were trying to move in, this wouldn’t be an issue).

max size of trig WH’s is orca btw. and there are in game channels if you need helping finding them.
one in particular is “the triglavian community”

from what ive observed and read max WH size is 300 million which an orca fits but not a bow head

There is a roaming capital sized WH that was added with t-space so there are ways to get some capitals, even supers in and out, but you’re still going to need to slowboat 76km to reach the hole after you warp in

And selling to the locals at a loss is probably the best move

Notably, nobody is asking for the OP’s stuff.

2 Likes