Low quality graphics on max settings

(Korendil) #1

I’m sure the graphics were a lot better when I played before. This is what I see. I have maxed all the settings in game. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

I have a Radeon R9 390 8GB graphics card, 12GB ram, 12 core intel i7 @3.47GHz Nothing spectacular but I can play anything at a decent frame-rate.

Anybody have any ideas?

(Korendil) #2

this is really bugging me.

(Linus Gorp) #3

CCPs next step at dumbing the game down. Up next they’ll sell you high-resolution skins to get back functionality they removed.

Joking aside, did you clear the cache? Repaired the client?

(Korendil) #4

I erased the shared cache and re downloaded everything. Deleted the cache folder in the appdata/local/ccp folder. moved the shared cache folder to the root of my game ssd D:/EVESharedCache and verified the shared cache.

I did install eve through an old installer from 2016 thinking that it would be updated with the rest of the game. Don’t know if that matters or not.

(Linus Gorp) #5

Shouldn’t matter, but perhaps use the recent launcher one. I think there’s also some setting about downloading only what’s necessary and downloading everything. You might want to download everything.

Checked if your graphic drivers are up-to-date?

(Linus Gorp) #6

Or, you know what, it could simply be dirt on your ship… Open the fittings window, then the skins sidebar and click on “Clean Ship” .

(Korendil) #7

huh? dirt effects, go figure. it looks much better now. ty

(system) #8

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.