Lowsec exploration

Oh dear, i’m dead inside…

This is not really what a carrier is for. However that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy one. I use a carrier as, well, a carrier. I load a variety of ships into one and jump it around quiet parts of lowsec. When you actually do the exploration part you’re going to want to use an exploration frigate. Also, to jump a carrier you need an alt. So this is probably not a reasonable goal for a new player. I don’t want to rain on your parade though. You can still definitely use a carrier though it may not be what you expect.

1 Like

This is why I drink.

1 Like

Maybe before injecting into a carrier it might be useful to learn exploration with cheap T1 exploration frigates, Astero, covert ops, etc. Once you learn how it works and how bonuses work you might realize the carrier although cool looking is going to be not only worse for exploration in many ways but also an expensive loss mail.

I’ve seen many people inject into some big awesome ship on day one, sell Plex to buy and fit it, only to lose it 10 minutes later not knowing why, blame the game in the forums, and then rage quit.

Pace yourself and learn how the game works before throwing down all that money. I’m not saying don’t venture into the unknown. Just remember that bigger and more expensive is not always better in Eve and other players are out hunting you. To them your a nice kill mail loot pinata. Part of why people explore in small fast ships is in their ability to sneak around and avoid unwanted combat.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.