[LUMEN] Humanitarian Aid for Anath System

I’ve caught Mr. Algoa targeting Amarrians specifically in the warzone myself. He declares himself a Matari loyalist. Any declared loyalty from his alliance (which has also spent no shortage of time pirating in the warzone and Providence independent of him) is nothing more than a facade.

1 Like

My apologies Pilot Aspenstar; my moment of anger was not directed towards you personally nor to the more reasonable Amarr who could be considered “progressive” with regards to the issue of generational slavery. My displeasure was caused by the comments of hardliners such as Chakaid and Ardishapur.

As far as Blooders are concerned I feel they are on the same level as Angels when it comes to their beliefs and practices and as such I regularly hunt and kill them. I certainly wouldn’t want such murderous criminals as neighbors.

I will work with any pilot of goodwill to help neutralize their threat to the cluster and will continue to offer aid and assistance as appropriate as I and my alliance have done in the past in spite of the protests and lies of the hardliners.

4 Likes

Ouch…

1 Like

They’re actually pretty good neighbors, all things considered. They never ask to borrow my tools. Their dogs don’t crap on my lawn.

Also, give me nifty little faction-tweaked modules after they blow up when I sic my fighters on them… just like the Khanid Navy did! Blow up, that is.

1 Like

In Fairness, I got chewed out for that by Graelyn and Kithrus afterwords.

My current alliance affiliation is not an indication of where my loyalties lie.

Unless you’re not going to fight the people your alliance leadership tell you to fight (and if not, why are you there?), yeah, it does. They may not be deep loyalties, and you may have internal conflicts, but yeah, those are still loyalties.

3 Likes

My employment within AM is conditional on that I can choose who not to shoot at my discretion without interference from alliance leadership. As such, I refuse to shoot at any Republic aligned person or group.

fortunately, I haven’t run into a situation where I 've had to exercise that discretion.

And they hired you… why? I mean, if I hire a combat pilot, I want him to, you know, combat the things I tell him to combat.

3 Likes

The exact nature of our agreement is between Alliance leadership and myself. Believe me when I say that I do not lightly accept to work in an Amarr aligned group.

Captain Elkin,

On behalf of Aegis Militia, I offer my apologies to you and to PIE in regards to the actions of our pilots in the war Zone. I assure you that Pilot Aloga’s actions where neither sanctioned nor well received. I will reach out to PIE leadership, in an effort to make amends, however please reach out to me directly if there is anything that you specifically would like.

Professor Leonel Yasavi,
Aegis Militia

2 Likes

UPDATE:

At this point, nearly eight days after the strikes that left Anath II ‘depopulated’ and having finished what turned into a recovery, not a resue effort, LUMEN will be removing all personnel from Anath II efforts and focusing on Anath IV. Sadly, the ‘depopulated’ nomenclature was all too accurate and the few survivors found were only a statistically insignificant anomaly.

Lumen vessels in orbit around the Barren, depopulated world of Anath II

Efforts on Anath IV for search and rescue and humanitarian efforts continue apace. All too often, it has turned into a recovery and identification effort. LUMEN remains focused on the areas hardest hit and is deferring to local authorities with respect to law and order issues. Efforts are underway, given the remoteness of the locale and the closeness to Delve, to try to help those who remain be better able to face any future raids, or at least survive them, through infrastructure support and supply caches.

Despite some tensions between certain parties in the Anath system, cooler heads have largely prevailed to date. I express thanks for the donations we have received to date, some from surprising sources. All donations are thoroughly screened to ensure that they are safe for use by the survivors.

8 Likes

Final Update:

After spending a little over two weeks in Anath, engaged in search and rescue - and recovery - efforts in space and on the ground in Anath II, and similar efforts coupled with humanitarian aid and rebuilding efforts on Anath IV, LUMEN has departed. While the Royal Khanid Navy apparently suffered an incident the day after their arrival which resulted its wreckage forming a ring off Anath IV, LUMEN cooperated with and deferred to Imperial and local authorities, including Lord Count Evnen Aiatus, in order to focus LUMEN’s efforts helping those in distress and with rebuilding in those areas which were in need.

I want to thank all those who have helped us with aid, supplies and other assistance. In particular, I’d like to thank Alizabeth and Arrendis for providing a stable platform for aid efforts in the Anath system. I’d like to thank PIE and the the Cleristie Auxilieri, baseliner clerical personnel associated with Archbishop Baracca, who volunteered their time to help LUMEN. I’d also like to thank Sisters of the Hearth for their help with those who were orphaned. I’d like to thank capsuleers Cain Aloga, Diana Kim, Sitaara Hai, and all the other capsuleers who donated materials to the relief effort, some putting aside their differences to do so. I’d like to thank Most Reverend Calavan Vykus who will seek to continue the ministry in Constantin Baracca’s stead to the survivors.

Attached to the Note are two video excerpts from the closing ceremony and hand-over of services.

[Excerpt One]

Within the makeshift camp a small stage and podium have been set up. A tall, bearded man in heavily enchained and decorated vestments is speaking to the crowd. “I am… sorry. My brothers and sisters, I must apologize. Those who landed beside me, worked beside me, both who serve upon this planet and those who left their homes behind because they were needed have done incredible works on this planet. Those members of LUMEN and PIE’s legionnaires and marines, who helped to restore order alongside the incredibly brave men and women of the local Anath Militia. Many died that the Raiders would be turned away from these civilians, they stood against the darkness and they prevailed, but at a terrible cost. Their sacrifice shall not be forgotten this day; they gave that others might be blessed.”

After pausing, Constantin continues "We have received donations from incredible sources, for such tragedies as these are worthy of the sympathies of all people of grace and civility. Those factions, such as the Goonswarm, by the grace of Alizabeth, held largely at bay and allowed our forces to work. Those supplies healed the injured and the sick." Constantin nods at someone in the crowd. “They built homes and they rebuilt schools. My blessed compatriots in our ground forces, some lords…” Constantin nods at Aldrith Shutaq, “Some not…” Constantin nods nods to Ishta Maleto. “Stood shoulder to shoulder, as our God commands in times of crisis, to give my colleagues in the Cleristie Auxilieri, all volunteers who left their homes and work for these trying times, the safety and support they needed to reconsecrate the grounds, bless our survivors… bury our dead.”

Constantin purses his lips. “And so, I must humbly apologize, my brothers, my sisters. These incredible works cannot undo your suffering. We may mend your wounds, but we cannot mend your hearts. We may build you homes, but we cannot fill them again. We may give you safety as we can, but we cannot give your families the feeling of security after such violations. That is beyond even the powers of these fine people who have come to your aid.” Constantin sighs. “I am sorry, for I must ask you to do this for us. What evil has harmed in you and your neighbors, come together and heal after we have departed. What evil has given to your houses in hate and violence, refill with the love that lived there before. Fill your lives with songs and give your families that love which God gifts us, for we cannot do that for you. That strength is the strength of Holy Amarr. It is inherent in every one of you. The Light of God shines even at the times when it seems nothing can stop the encroaching dark.”

Constantin smiles. “Even those smallest acts which support your brothers, even if it is not so grand as those our brethren have gathered here to bring to bear on your behalf, even such things as to listen to your neighbors when they speak, to embrace them when they are afraid, to love them when they feel abandoned, these are the small things which make up the great Light of God. In each of us alone, it is a candle, but together, it is the Light of Creation, the meaning of the Work, that which lights the way on the Path.”

[The First Video Feed Ends]

[Excerpt Two]

A slender long-haired, blonde female dressed in a black dress and boots is speaking at the podium. “I want to thank all of the LUMEN personnel, capsuleer, and baseliner, who have expended blood, sweat, time, isk, and tears seeking to help the people in this system. Once again LUMEN was the First Responder on the scene, not hesitating to help those in need in the Empire.”

“While I thank all who assisted in any capacity, I believe three are of particular note. Miss Ishta Maleto who exceeded all expectations, frankly, in overseeing this effort. It speaks well of your Holder how far you have come. I am giving you the Angil Misericordie award for your work. I hope that you remember this experience and that you were able to make a difference when working with other faithful.” The blonde woman looks at Ishta Maleto, who appears stunned and pauses allowing for the crowd to applaud.

After a moment the slender blonde continues “I also would like to thank Legionaire Druur Monakh for her work in space and on the ground. I believe she spent almost two weeks in system overseeing the space/ground connections and logistics and intel. She will likewise recieve the Angil Misericordie award, which is given for purely humanitarian efforts in the highest traditions of the Society.” The blonde woman pauses again, allowing for the crowd to respond.

The blonde woman concludes 'Finally, I would like to particularly thank the Archbishop Constantin Baracca for his ministry and care with both the survivors and the dead. He will also be receiving an Angil Misericordie award. I think this concludes my remarks. I am proud of all of you as usual." The blonde woman quirks a faint smile. “But its time to go home for the next challenge God puts in our path.”

[The Second Video Feed Ends]

11 Likes

Somehow I doubt we’ll be waiting terribly long.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.