LVL 4's and alphas

^^^

For me, battleships was a bad idea. Battlecruisers is a stretch, but since they get supporting skills from cruisers I could say it’s a dick move to let them train 90% if skills for cbc’s, but not cbc’s themselves.

I even wouldn’t mind alphas getting a little higher sp limit and the opportunity to train frig->cruiser to 5 to make them stronger in pvp. But alphas that just grind pve are detrimental to the game.

1 Like

So basically, you are paying subs (or have paid subs in the past). And the only thing that is keeping you in the game is Lev4 missions… that you are requesting to have for free.

Which part of this is going to generate subs to keep Eve going and pay the developers???

To achieve this I propose a timer on all L4 missions, then we let Alphas run L4 Security missions again.

If/when the timer expires on the mission a beacon appears on everyones overview and anyone inside gets a suspect timer (because the mission provider (agent?) is upset you’re taking so long to do such trivial work… or something).

Now we have content producing Alphas? (The mission timer would need to be such that it’d be impossible to complete in an alpha clone is the one caveat.) :slight_smile:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

Lol. Could be fun.

I wish alphas would form up and terrorise faction warfare. Just not by botting…

1 Like

Came back today after a few months. Wanted to do a level 4 but quit again shortly after seeing this new restriction.

1 Like

That means you were an alpha and weren’t paying so saying you quit again doesn’t change much.

2 Likes

Just cause someone’s not directly contacting you doesn’t mean they’re not contributing to our game lol… Everyone counts from that new bro in a venture to the solo dreads farming wormholes. Traffic makes the game alive, even if I don’t freight or mine and whatever, seeing them in my travels is a good thing.

And yes they do affect our economy with every module they buy every round of ammo every ship every player sold skill book etc etc. And hopefully they decide to buy plex or sub.

I disagree with this. I pay a monthly subscription to play Eve, and I don’t think it’s right that players get to use an account for free (albeit with limits) and make the kind of isk close to what Omegas can make.

On the other hand I did have fun using an alpha-fit Raven back when I was undecided on whether I want to re-subscribe after an extended break from Eve.

But now I hear alphas are restricted to only using ships smaller than a Battleship?

I don’t believe in the gameplay where you farm to pay for your account: it should be the other way around: you pay to farm. Farming is a privilege - because you get to use cooler ships and watch that money flow in.

I don’t think alphas should be allowed to skill more than 2-3 skills (maybe a mining skill, one weapons skill and perhaps a ship like a racial destroyer). On top of this they should be limited to flying T1 frigates, 1 destroyer variant, and potentially 1 cruiser but i’m in 2 minds about allowing the use of cruisers at all.

The use of drones can be limited to one - with the drone skill already trained on joinning the game to sufficient level for them to deploy. A single light drone: no mediums and definitely no heavies or sentries. Faction drones/modules/ships are not allowed either. The same goes for T2.

All other game features are locked to Omegas only.

It used to be pretty much like that, IIRC.

I played EVE over a decade ago, at the time of the first Titans. I’m not sure, but I think there even was a trial-period of a month or so.

That was too short for me to decide on a subscription. (Money was tight too for me then.)
So I left.

Returned last year, and with the small things you can buy, which help you as an alpha, I have already spend some bucks.
Now, half a year on I’m about to go Omega. The only drawback at the moment is that I’m not prepared yet to make it an automatic monthly debit.
I’m self-employed, and I can go from “lots of time on my hands” to “no time at all” in a matter of days.

So I dare say that the current set up has a) given me more fun playing the game, and b) given CCP more income, as compared to your ‘proposal’.

1 Like

Well, you are not exactly supporting the franchise with your current level of dedication are you?

How about paying every other month, and at least that way you have a base for when you might have spare time to play. Also, you will get to skill train and explore areas of the game that are benefited by omegas.

Pretty much this.

Alphas play for free. They cost CCP money because they still require customer service, cause server load, etc. The more gameplay CCP gives them access to, the fewer of them will pay to subscribe. That’s bad for business on CCP’s end.

The problem isn’t the alphas, the problem is the ease of exploiting alphas to bot or mulitbox. In General, I don’t think anyone has an issue with a legit player using their one Alpha account to play the game. The problem comes from a player using his 4 alphas to grind out level 4s and thus belittling the efforts of potentially paying customers.

how is that even possible?

Eitherway @Kyojinn Eve online is a game worth paying for. So whenever you want to level up, and give yourself some decent starting ISK package, pay the subscription at $15/month (very good deal). At the end of the day, that brilliant scifi-game need to pay its employees, so we, players get content and quality services. I hope you join us.

Multiple Computers, Virtual Machines, VPNs, Software that tricks Eve, hell even the launcher doesn’t seem to care.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.