Some users have been encountering issues with launching EVE after the recent update to Mac OS X. The reason for the issue is the following error.
0036:err:d3d:wined3d_adapter_init_gl_caps Card 1002:6760 not found in driver DB.
I have a workaround for this issue:
- Start the launcher.
- Click on EVE Online in the apple menu at the top of the screen and select Preferences.
- Under wine options make sure “User Dev Version” is not ticked
- Dev Branch should be ccp-master
- Wine version should already be set to the the latest, change to wine-1.9.17-143-g91037ca-ccp-72
- Close the launcher and the client if either is running.
- In finder, click Go to Folder and copy paste the following
~/Library/Application Support/EVE Online/p_drive/Local Settings/Application Data/CCP/EVE/SharedCache
- You should see a folder named wine – move that folder to trash
Start the launcher again and run the game and the client should start if the error above is the error you are encountering.