Macha vs. Loki for lvl3 blitz

I think training for and using a T3 Cruiser is definitely a good idea, especially since it can be used for more than just blitzing lv 3 missions. I have a Loki that I use quite a bit. It works great for both Exploration and for running level 4 Epic Arcs.

It has more agility, is faster, has higher resists, a better tank and a smaller signature. The downside is lower DPS but it still puts out enough to complete the lv 4 Epic Arcs solo.

Course I have mine fit with bling but that’s not a problem since I fly like I’m being hunted. In other words, all defensive mods are activated immediately upon undock and travel is mainly done in stealth with cloak, even in High sec.

1 Like

If you are an alpha then NBrutix is way to go for the appropriate rats. I have used this ship for exactly this purpose.

You can usually get away with dropping the DCU for a TE. If you are not an alpha and have max skills you can drop the DCU and the EANM for 2x TE. Obviously not all missions will be kind to you with that loadout, but the majority are.

1 Like

If you suggest something plz share your fit, otherwise its hard to understand what is your way of thinking about effective lvl3 blitzer.

1 Like

I responded to a post. He supplied the base fit. I suggested a slight modification

1 Like

Well, here’s my Loki bling fit for PvE combat:

Subsystem:
Loki Offensive = Projectile Scoping Array
Loki Defensive = Adaptive Defense Node
Loki Propulsion = Wake Limiter
Loki Core = Augmented Nuclear Reactor

High slots:
5x 425mm AutoCannon II -w- Hail M, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M, Barrage M
2x Rapid Light Missile Launcher II -w- Inferno Fury Light Missile

Medium slots:
2x Pith B-Type Shield Boost Amplifier
1x Gist X-Type Large Shield Booster
1x Pithum A-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
1x 10MN Analog Booster Afterburner

Low slots:
2x Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
1x Republic Fleet Tracking Enhancer
1x Syndicate Damage Control
1x Dread Guristas Co-Processor

Rig slots:
2x Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
1x Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Drone Bay:
5x Hobgoblin II

2 Likes

Your SB pump like a boss :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah, according to Pyfa, that fit has these stats:

EHP = 24.7k
Shield Boost = 1059.6 EHP/s
Shield Resistance = 77.2% EM, 72.6% Therm, 72.6% Kin, 77.2% Exp
DPS = 602 Barrage, 711 Republic Fleet Phased Plasma, 773 Hail
Capacitor = Stable @ 60.2%
Speed = 698 m/s
Ship Signature = 160

Most of my ships are shield tanks. All of my small and some of my medium hull class ships are Buffer tanks with Extenders. The rest of my medium and all of my large hull class ships are Active tanks. I also have Hardwiring Implants to mainly help the stats of my small and medium hull class ships.

Augmentations:
Implant slots #1 to #5 are +5 Improved
Hardwired slots for ship needs -
Slot #6 = Zainou ‘Gnome’ Shield Upgrades SU-605
(5% reduced power grid need for modules requiring Shield Upgrades skill)
Slot #7 = Zainou ‘Gnome’ Shield Management SM-705
(5% bonus to shield capacity)
Slot #8 = Poteque ‘Prospector’ Astrometric Rangefinding AR-806
(6% stronger scanning strength with scan probes)
Slot #9 = Zainou ‘Gnome’ Shield Operation SP-905
(5% boost to shield recharge rate)
Slot #10 = Zainou ‘Deadeye’ Rapid Launch RL-1005
(5% bonus to all missile launcher rate of fire)

I’d typically suggest a BC for most people to do lv3s, but if it’s for blitzing at the highest level I don’t think you can beat the warp speed proteus or mach. Maxing warp speed saves so much time in the lv3 grind.

1 Like

Why use a 1 billion isk fit when you can use a 2 billion isk fit that works a lot better?

like?

I am on mobile so try simulating the fit you want that will work for what you’re doing.

I always made my own fits unless I am in an Incursion or cta doctrine fleet. I am sure you can figure it out.

1 Like

lol if you have read the thread there are plenty fits linked, so have no clue to figure out “your” fits.

Didn’t know it was that hard to figure out the fit you need for whatever you’re doing.

[Loki, *Some people are lazy™]
Republic Fleet Tracking Enhancer
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer

Gist X-Type Large Shield Booster
Thukker Medium Cap Battery
Pith X-Type Shield Boost Amplifier
Corelum C-Type 10MN Afterburner
Shadow Serpentis Tracking Computer
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field

425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher

Medium Projectile Collision Accelerator I
Medium Projectile Metastasis Adjuster I
Medium Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard II

Loki Core - Dissolution Sequencer
Loki Defensive - Adaptive Defense Node
Loki Offensive - Projectile Scoping Array
Loki Propulsion - Wake Limiter

Warrior II x5

Optimal Range Script x1
Republic Fleet Fusion M x20357
Sisters Core Scanner Probe x16
Nanite Repair Paste x238

800+DPS with 33k falloff

1 Like

Reading is hard mate I know, so your fit is something different from what this thread is all about. You could read that and suggest … But hey it’s already suggested :wink:

I guess I could have come up with a crap dps fit faster warping fit like you did.
However I figured that less time in the mission would be better than warping there faster and being terrible at arrival.

You do you though. Arty Loki for missions… Lol

for lv3s you are going to spend more time in warp than in combat for a lot of them. Also doesn’t really make sense to spend ~800 mil on tank as most of them wont get through unhardened shield buffer with t3 damage. I’d also suggest long range guns as some spawns are pretty far out, and an MWD for quicker burning to gates.

I’m not sure the interdiction nullifier for the warp speed is more useful than a few extra slots though. but that’s something you’d need to play at least a few hours to find out.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.