Main AFK cloaky thread

That the defenders always default to the same, exact, word for word, response? Yea, it’s like talking to a wall that barks back.

You change local, and you change much more.
Hunters don’t know what’s present and have to spend more time hunting for less, communication (in an mmo, I know it’s crazy) basically bottoms out, ect ect

Naturally it would me we would remove jita local, which is a good thing, but people also ask for advice and help there, so why remove that?
Of course, it just seems those pushing the remove local idea don’t care about the ramifications.

Which, is why I suggested that Cloaking devices generate heat, very slowly, making prolonged cloaking dangerous, but cloaking for normal, active player actions, stays the same effectively.

Of course we can’t have any compromise, can we? After all, if your goal is to get local removed, why even bother with an idea that only effects the pure-afk cloakers, and nothing else? An idea that increases danger, drives some content, and puts the risk back into eve online.

People that stop playing because it affects the game. Unless you live in a state of denial.

And you’re afraid of change. Also you should get a medal for having so many duplicate posts.

It’s not done because the goal of afk cloaking isn’t intel, it’s harassment.
They don’t sit there all day spamming d-scan, they sit there all day and maybe, just maybe, look at what is around in the system they are cloaked in.

So you run with a group that uses intel bots? Because that’s the only way your intel from local is perfect and flawless.
Also do you even play the game? It’s far from stable.

Oh look, this arugment again.

Do you consider everyone in the game to be this? The effects of a cloaked ship are felt in all areas of space, less so in WH space, but it’s all over. You’re cloaked, you’re safe. Run into something in lowsec? Cloak up, walk away, come back whenever. Get a suspect timer in highsec? Cloak up, run away, let it remove it self. Cloaked wartarget in highsec? Can’t do anything about that.
This forum and thread doesn’t need anymore poster trash.

Who whitelist afk campers, and even if they didn’t they make so much isk because they can operate 23/7, your little cloaky operation doesn’t even make a dent. At this point, the only people who want afk cloaking to continue are those with business interests in the action.

I’m cloaked and should be invincible, with no risk and no limits!

Then what’s the point of wormhole space.
If you give something related to gameplay, you have to take something away. Can’t d-scan while cloaked? D-scan breaks your cloak?

Pirate class ships could do this. Would invoke a delay to joining local, or just removal from it completely until they attack a player. Would make their useage more functional. It is possible you could make a high slot item, but it’s got to take up a weapon slot or require enough powergrid/cpu to be more than an auto-take.

That’s actually not a terrible idea, but I can assure you roaming groups would mostly if not completely cease roaming null if this happened, what with capitals dropped on anything that moves.

1 Like