Main AFK cloaky thread

I’m afraid it is.

Local is why logoff traps happen. It’s one of the reason hot drops are used. It’s the ONLY reason afk cloaking happens at all.

It is absolutely the root cause of afk cloaking.

BS

AFK cloaking is used into forcing people to keep a 23/7 standing fleet just to do basic activities.
That or fleet up and run sites supper fast.

If people do not do these things, they get dropped.

Unless they where forced out of high sec and if I have to explain why low is bad it is a lost cause.

But you could just leave your high sec corp and fly in NPC corp!
You joined a bad/poor/shitty corp!
You say.

Yaaaa…Bull ■■■■.
A null corp can bring more funds to the table and crush a high sec corp without much of a challenge.

Have that happen several times over and over again, NPC is the way to go, right?

WRONG

NPC corp only is a good way to drive a player out of EVE.

Then go Null and man up!
You say.

Well now we are back at square one.

Just where exactly are they supposed to go? :wink:

Could you be more specific when talking about hisec? Is that a gripe at wardecs? It’s not clear.

Afk cloaking ‘really went away’ when local wasn’t working properly. Afk cloaking doesn’t happen in low sec or high sec. It’s just to hunt ratters in null who feel entitled to space cause their name is on the map.

All different types of space have pros and cons. You can’t have your cake and eat it too. This is what I’m talking about when I’m mentioning entitlement. There is no perfect space in eve. This is by design. Pick where suits you.

I can bake cakes and eat them just fine…All by myself! Almost any time I want.
I say that phrase just plane has no bearing on reality.

You can not hold SOV in low or high sec, therefore it is virtually pointless to AFK cloak there.

So someone who puts forth a reasonable amount of effort should not be rewarded?

The people putting forth the effort are being rewarded.

There’s a very good reason organised groups don’t complain about afk cloakers. It is almost exclusive to renters and null bears.

I guess I am an exception then, according to you. :confused:

Too shallow, Daichi. Sorry, I know most people will call this nitpicking, or semantics. Accuracy is important. : p

Hate me for it, but now you will learn something.

Local is a tool. Nothing more, nothing less. It does not cause anything. The brain is the reason why things happen (the root cause of 99% of all things on a human level), and reacting to interpretations of external stimuli is one of the things it does. Local does not cause reactions, it is merely the tool that provides the information necessary for the brain to react in a certain way, which is dependend on the brain itself. Otherwise local would cause the same reactions in everyone, yet it does not.

The root cause is the answer behind the question “what made this particular brain end up in a state which triggers the player into docking up as soon as a neutral enters local.” The shallow answer is: “its past development.”

That was not a pretty sentence. :confused:

Local is the tool that helps the brain realizing that there is an afk cloaker. The reptilian part of the brain takes over, initiates warp and docks up. A flight response… well, it would be, if they were not bots anyway … which they all most likely are, because that’s what bots do.

The reason why hot drops are used, is because they work. HotDrops do not require Local, but it helps. Local causes nothing, but helps with planning and observation.

LogOffskis do not require Local either, but it definitely helps. The alternative seems quite bothersome, but your claim was that it causes them, which is a too shallow point of view.

Local is a tool. It is not the cause of anything. It might trigger reactions, but it triggers reactions in a brain predetermined to react to someone entering local, which means that a tool shows the brain that something changed and the brain reacts accordingly.

When you say that Local causes reactions, then you lower yourself onto their level. This way of thinking inevitably turns ones ego into a victim, because it voids the idea that one has a choice.

Everyone could always choose to behave and react differently, yet most people do not show any evidence that this is true. This is also because the vast majority of people blame everything else, but not the root cause for ■■■■ that usually happens: themselves.

Next time you blame something else, no matter how irrelevant, remember this post and try figuring out why it was actually your fault. Doing this often enough is a literal mind changer. : - )

I am not even allowed to bill you for this… :roll_eyes:

Nope. The problem is 100% RMTers and renter trash whining about how they can’t get zero-risk farming.

1 Like

No it isn’t. Nullsec itself forces you to do that, because it’s basic competence in nullsec. You should be in a standing fleet 23/7 even if there are no AFK cloakers present. AFK cloaking just punishes the incompetent morons who can’t even figure out basic safety measures like this.

So people ratting/mining and opening cans in data and relic sites can not be jumped by people who just jump through the gate or WH and quickly scan them down and pop them without a standing fleet hanging around?

So just because you are in standing fleet, that automatically makes you safe?
Even if most people in said fleet are spread out over several systems or the bulk is 2+ systems away?

I’ll buy that for a dollar!

Have you forgotten how to watch for scan probes on d-scan? Or do data/relic sites in a well-tanked T3 so that your standing fleet can arrive to save you before you die? Or even have PvP ships in the site with you, ready to kill anyone who tries to disrupt your farming? Nobody is forcing you to do data/relic sites in an untanked frigate (though if you’re doing this why do you even care if you die?) while ignoring d-scan, that’s 100% your choice.

So just because you are in standing fleet, that automatically makes you safe?
Even if most people in said fleet are spread out over several systems or the bulk is 2+ systems away?

Nobody is forcing you to be an incompetent renter trash alliance and have your standing fleet spread out everywhere. Your incompetence does not mean you are entitled to AFK cloaking nerfs to keep your RMTing safe.

I don’t think you have payed attention to earlier bits of the conversation.

Hint, it has reached 2435 postings long… Or did you miss it in the gigantic mass?

I’ll bet you have, as that is why it was all compiled into one post… To effectively quash it.
Who will pay attention to a forum post 2434 long?
Especialy when certian individuals can not even follow along with the last 54 postings. Merin_Ryskin

pointless spam

Exactly. It was compiled into one post to quash it because CCP is not going to change anything and they got tired of RMTers/renter trash spamming the forum with idiotic proposals to nerf cloaking and give themselves 100% safe RMT farming. You and all the other whiners are posting in a trash can, where the sole purpose is to laugh at people like you for being terrible at EVE.

1 Like

If you are right, you are admitting to CCP censorship.

Do you know this for a fact?
and if so, provide sources.

#1, that is rude
#2, that is insulting.
#3, You assume a lot.
#4, “Never ASSUME, because when you ASSUME, you make an ASS of U and ME”

Boo hoo. This is a private forum, you have no free speech rights here. CCP has every right to throw your stupid ideas into the trash can and keep a well-organized forum.

Do you know this for a fact?
and if so, provide sources.

Do you also demand proof that the sky is blue? CCP has explicitly stated that they are not changing anything about AFK cloaking in the foreseeable future. CCP has explicitly stated that all AFK cloaking comments go in this thread to avoid having multiple redundant threads on the subject. It’s very obvious what they are doing here.

#1, that is rude
#2, that is insulting.
#3, You assume a lot.
#4, “Never ASSUME, because when you ASSUME, you make an ASS of U and ME”

Yep. It’s rude. It’s also accurate. Only renter trash and RMTers whine about AFK cloaking. People who aren’t terrible at EVE are not threatened by it.

1 Like

Now is an appropriate time to use the term it if ever.

Nope. Pointing out the real motives for advocating cloak nerfs is not an ad hominem.

1 Like

It is if you are attacking the person you are arguing with over the topic itself. Which is an ad hominem.

ad ho·mi·nem
ˌad ˈhämənəm/
adverb & adjective
adverb: ad hominem; adjective: ad hominem

(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
"vicious ad hominem attacks"
relating to or associated with a particular person.
"the office was created ad hominem for Fenton"

The argument is directed at the position, not the person. Pandering to RMTers and renter trash is against core design principles of EVE. So the fact that the entire anti-cloaking argument consists of “RMTers and renter trash need safer farming” is a very relevant fact.

1 Like

Someone has not been paying attention. :slight_smile: