Main AFK cloaky thread

Effective ways of hunting cloaks, in any game mind you, is to look like a tasty target but have a trick up your sleeve.

Cloaks, in any game again, always have the initiative. The first strike is theirs to make (this is why cloak ships are weaker). You just have to survive long enough to be able play your hand. In eve, this is probably a counter cyno or a fleet nearby.

Best way of hunting submarines is with submarines.

Unless it is fighting another cloaked unit.

If there is no local, that is a great way to have a fleet on grid without the attacker knowing.

True
But it still leaves the original problems.

Then don’t be so obsessed with seeing a name in local that you have to invest all that effort to hunt them down. Just avoid being a victim. Never show weakness to the AFK cloaker and all they can do is sit there and be a name in local. Their psychological warfare only works because you are weak and afraid and can not cope with a scary looking name in local. A strong, successful alliance simply ignores the name in local because if the name in local ever does anything besides exist as a name in local it would be an act of pointless suicide.

This is hilarious! Did you really think this through? : D

All cloaks need to be fuelled…
Liquid OZone ----which is abundant and really has very few uses - fuels Cloak
How much you pack into your hold decides how long you will remain cloaked
End of issues

1 Like

Alternatively, cloaks need no changes. They work exactly like they do now.
End of issues because there are no issues with cloaks right now.

1 Like

Could you be anymore ignorant?

1 Like

Well done, you’ve broken wormholes.

If that breaks wormholes then something is already badly broken in the other direction.

If you ask worm holers they’ll tell you it’s the least broken area in the game. And thats as it is now.

“Wormholes are not inhabited by pathetic renter trash and RMT farmers” is a good thing, not something that is broken.

2 Likes

So you’re saying that this is totally acceptable?

What’s Hard Knocks doing these days?

Yes.

It makes sure that not every scrub can exist in nullsec …
… and keeps RMTers at bay.

The thing that got me into camping was hunting bots back in the dronelands a few years ago. I realised the most effective way to hurt them was to camp them 23/7, follow them around using locator agents. Eventually they had to rat with me in system. When they did I setup bubble traps etc and dropped blops and cleaned them up.

The 2nd thing I love about cloaky camping is the ability to counter Alliances (i feel its overpowered) intel channels / networks. Think about it. They have multiple intel toons dotted around the entrances to their pipes reporting hunters coming into the pipe allowing the PvE players to warp off and safe up. They even use external programs to collect this intel and give audible alerts. Cloaky camping is just the polar opposite. Dotting toons in their ratting pocket and giving me intel on whats going on in their system. As long as local chat exists so will cloaky camping. I’m pretty confident CCP share the same thought.

How can this not be acceptable? Do you RMT and/or use bots?

2 Likes

It’s not great game play, but neither is local. Other than that there’s nothing wrong with it.

Get rid of local and afk cloaking also goes away.

It is and if you honestly can’t defend yourself against someone as incompetent as Mar5hy of all people, you should really think about whether you should be playing a PvP-centric game in the first place.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t it be? It’s a single player, even if they have multiple accounts. PvE in a 50-man PvP fleet at all times and what are they going to do, insult you in local with all of their cloaked alts? They decloak, everyone presses F1, and you get a killmail. Only RMTers and renter trash are hurt by that guy, and we should be praising him for it.

If there’s any problem with the situation it’s that SP farming and alpha accounts have made it too easy to create an arbitrarily large number of alts, but that’s an issue with a lot more than just cloaking.

2 Likes

Could CCP please fix this, its just stupid that you can make a toon, put it in a interceptor with the use of a injector or 2, put it in some system, activate cloak and dont bother with it again.

It fucks up the game for so many people that it is not even fun anymore. I dont mind if you are in a cloaky ship for hunts or something, but those 24/7 campers that are just there while sleeping or anything is not fair. It really fucks up the game for a lot of people. CCP doesnt see this it seems.

There are so many options to change this, having fuel, having a timer or even having probes that can scan them down but not as fast. All of them are good options so please CCP do something.

1 Like