Main AFK cloaky thread

There are far more who have no problem with it …
… even excluding those who live in space where it does not matter.

The ones who are affected the most are RMTers …
… and those who believe they are entitled to their own space …
… so there really is no need to change it at all.

4 Likes

If it affects you so badly you probably shouldnt be in null.

4 Likes

How about, the cloaked vessel does not appear in ‘Local’, that would also fix it right?

This is EVE working as intended. Wrecking people’s stuff and ruining their fun is the whole point of the game. Either stop being a pathetic loser and being terrified of a single AFK ship or GTFO and go back to WoW. The strong survive, the weak are slaughtered and driven out of the game. That is what makes success in EVE rewarding and meaningful, unlike virtually every other game in the market.

of course, if they will have disabled overview

The anti-cloaker crowd would just move their whining from “that big, bad name in local is hurting my feelings and prevents me from 23/7 botting in perfect safety. Do something, CCP!” to “Cloakers are showing up out of nowhere and we have to be ready at all times while botting in a dedicated PvP zone (of a PvP sandbox). Do something, CCP!”

But to be fair to them, cloakers not showing up in local, with local working just the same as now in every other regard, would be seriously imbalanced. Cloaking and local mechanics both can only be changed together.

1 Like

I have always thought that True Cloaking would have cloaked vessels not appearing in local, and also being denied local. If they drop cloak even for a second, they appear in local and stay there for 15sec. (this also happens when they arrive in system via jump gate).

This way they are truly ‘cloaked’, but they also don’t have the luxury of the information provided by local. They will have to be very active, flying around etc, to find people, or risk appearing for 15sec to drop probes, or see local info.

they… dont… play… the… game… thats the point. They are not DOING anything. If you are going to sit in a ship not doing anything, you should be limited by how long you can do suchthing, not being able to do it infinitely

1 Like

Hahahah stop boting and go grow a pair.

1 Like

If they aren’t doing anything, why are you here whining about them?

2 Likes

So when you dock up when a red appears in ‘Local’, should you be able to stay in the Station/POS in total safety, or be kicked out after a timer??? you know “limited by how long you can do suchthing, not being able to do it infinitely”

Why?

Without talking about how you just don’t like it, tell me why someone sitting in space in hi-sec afk should be logged off?

Because someone might want to shoot them badly enough to spend their ship doing it, and no one outside of a station should be safe from that.

1 Like

I could say the same for somone in station.

except that is the sole purpose of a station in the first place, so you really can’t.

Not really.

General item storage and exchange, repairs, fitting, insurance, jump cloning, changing corp etc. There must be hundreds of functions related to stations.

The purpose of a cloak is to hide, so to say stations are only meant for safety and cloaks aren’t is frankly ridiculous.

It also doesn’t address why someone afk in space in hi-sec should be logged off.

1 Like

You are right, I didn’t specify. If they are interactable, then there is no reason to log them off. If they are not interactable, then log them out because you should not be safe from interaction while in space.

1 Like

Just because you cannot directly interact with someone doesn’t mean they should be logged off. Why should it?

Why is is always ‘if I cant get at them they should be nerfed or logged off’ with these people. Yet if you mention stations, they always say ‘I should be able to hide from reds in a station as long as i like’

1 Like

Too bad you already are. A ship in a safespot can warp to new safespots faster than you can possibly probe and tackle them, so catching a target that does not wish to be caught is impossible. No interaction will ever occur. You will press “scan”, they will press “warp”, and this will continue until you acknowledge that you will never be on grid with them and give up your hopeless chase. This is not about obtaining more interaction, it’s about lowering the risk of RMT farming by preventing people from keeping their name in local when they log out and countering the otherwise-perfect intel tool that should not exist.

2 Likes