Main AFK cloaky thread

Cloak doesnt give you invulnerability when the shooting begins. It simply let you choose your target, and there is counterplay.

Called “bait”.

I…actually agree with this post.

Of course until the OA and we see what it will do with regards to these 2 things…we have the current sub-optimal, yet balanced situation.

AFK log off timers. Inactive for X amount of time gets you logged off the server and we all have a better game because they are not there bogging the system down with useless log-ins.

Random Brain Bomb :rofl:

…and just how to you tell when someone is AFK in EVE?

captcha

I’m sure you (or anybody) neither have enough friends ready the whole time to protect you 24/7 against for example a 100 man hotdrop so your “argument” is highly invaliid but you probably won’t bother about reasoning with logic and valid arguments so better keep going with personal attacks and insults, trolling use to work very well.

There is many reasons why this thread exist. Probably the main reason is that CCP is shooting at it’s own feet allowing that AFK players can be 100% safe and at the same time can be able to attack in any time. This is generating a situation where active, wise and veteran players are screwed 24/7/365 by 2 days old toons from a multiaccount skill injector farmer. While this situation keeps going like that this valuable players will keep leaving the game every day and probably this is the main reason why this fantastic game (i consider it the best MMO by far) have less and less players every day. I personally know at least 6 veteran players who left the game for this problem. I’m also considering leaving the game for the same reason, at least until the day the AFK cloaky camping finally ends.

Talking about RMTers is easyer to find one of them between the multiaccount skill injector farmers/multiaccount cloaky campers than between any other kind of players so is funny you mention it. In fact i know that most of those rabid and insulting messages defending the afk cloaky camping are made by multiaccount RMTers/cloaky campers defending their busyness. I’m not interested in trying to discuss with them because sadly is pointless try to reason with such people. What interest me is what this behavior represents for all other non-RMTer players. If you think it deeply the cloaky camping is a long term strategy aimed not only to get a victory against enemy players, it’s aimed to destroy them and to get they finally left the game. If you really understand that this is a multiplayer game you should also understand that those enemy players are in the end your main source of fun. Of course the main reason for doing this of RMTers is to get real money but, what about the other defenders of cloaky camping? How do you think you will have fun playing a multiplayer game if all your enemy players left the game? Don’t you understand that destroying the enemy players is destroying the game itself? Don’t you understand that in any multiplayer game you not only need friends but also enemy players to fight against? Don’t you understand that driving a long term strategy to make impossible the gameplay style of your enemy you will end also hurting yourself? How do you think that things will go if this AFK cloaky camping phenomenon keeps growing and growing? Do you think that game will still being alive if everybody must live in WH space to avoid cloaky camper hotdrops?

It’s the same stupid human behavior with short-term view that is leading the humanity to extinction in RL. While the short-term selfishness it’s the only directive rule of our society we are destroying faster and faster the planet where we live and that’s a complete “end of game” in the long term.

It’s also interesting to think why CCP is allowing a behavior able to destroy the whole game in the long term. After think it during many time i only find one explanation. I guess that game gods with short-term view think that multiaccount cloaky campers are in the end a source of income to CCP because every one of those accounts needs to get plexes that finally represents money in their pocket. If any of those game gods ever read this (seriously doubt it) i would like to ask a couple questions. Do you think that multiaccount cloaky campers are a secure and wise source of income in the long term? What do you think will happen to the game itself if the AFK cloaky phenomenon keeps growing and growing as a successful strategy to make that players left the game?

1 Like

So 100 players work together as a team, but you are entitled to survive because the 1 player was AFK.

Join a team, if your team cannot defend you, join a better team.

Same as always, solo player feels entitled to be safe in a PvP world from a team of players.

2 Likes

Since you don’t rate/mine 24/7 without being a bot…your counter argument is actually invalid and leaves Salt’s statements unaffected.

Nope…just as a place to dump all the nonsense suggestions to nerf cloaks everywhere in game…even non-AFK camping cloak usage.

Well…it has been this way since the introduction of cloaking devices which goes way, way back.

Please go look at the Monthly Economic Reports. Look particularly at the rat bounties and mining by region. Look for Delve. Delve is routinely camped yet look at how much ratting ISK and mining production takes place. The problem of AFK cloaking is not a problem from “active, wise and veteran players”.

Wat? Destroying your opponent (or them destroying you) is literally the very core of the game. I have been in several wars where I was on the losing side. Had a blast in all of them. Yes, we lost, but there were alot of fights and engagements. Your view is actually rather Carebearish.

OMG…any omega account puts money in CCP’s pocket. Trying to make this out to be short term gain just shows you don’t actually have a valid argument.

Do you know how old cloaks are in game? Almost as old as the game itself. Complaints about cloaking camping are also almost as old as the game itself. The idea that “cloaks are killing the game” is a tired old load of nonsense that only those with no valid arguments trot out.

2 Likes

The main problem of AFK cloak camping is that it is not an active gameplay. You log in, you activate the cloak, and you can go back to work at your job with the thought that you just screwed up the gameplay of many players with absolutely ZERO effort.

CCP nerfed POS mining because of the same reason : inactive gameplay (and the fact that they want to remove POSes one day).

So it should be adressed, in a reasonable way. The problem is the definition of “reasonable”, very different for every player.

How can a cloaked ship, where the person is at work irl, “screwed up the gameplay of many players”?

Got a specific example or just a ■■■■■■■■ generalization?

1 Like

It’s not the cloaker screwing up the gameplay. It’s really not. If you’re afraid of a cloaker, that’s no ones fault but your own. Get a back bone or get out of null.

1 Like

You see how is pointless try to discuss with a rabid insulting AFK cloak defender? I told you there is NOBODY that can be safe 24/365 against the threat of a big hotdrop and you just ignore what i wrote and keep shooting that “join a better team” crap.

You are a CCP member or just another rabid AFK cloak defender? Why you try to answer a question that isn’t addressed to you?

I know (probably better than you) how old are the first AKF cloaky campers. Just a few of them wasn’t a problem in the beggining of this phenomenon. Just a few cloaky accounts weren’t able to cover the whole nullsec territory or at least not all the time. There was always a choice to keep playing moving to another system. Now multiaccount skill injector farmers entered to feed this phenomenon and one single dude is able to cover a whole region of the game with his AFK army of dozens of toons. Soon they will be able to cover 24/7 the whole nullsec territory so is ridiculous try to mention the “old times” to defend AFK cloaky campers.

Excuse me if i don’t loose more time answering the rest of the crap “arguments” you spitted but i prefer to spend my time actively playing instead of AFK camping while trolling in forums like you probably do.

Ohw ffs stop posting that useless trash.

It has already been explained a thousand times how a cloaked ship can create a threat without posing risk to itself and how the different mechanics work together to create that situation.

And stop this nonsense, getting dropped is a REAL threat, not something imagined. You can say you should defend against the possibility of that happening, but ignoring it is just dump and gets you killed.

I like to check in on this thread from time to time. Always good for a laugh. This 437 page train wreck contains more salt than the Dead Sea…

1 Like

It’s not nonsense. If you’re game is ruined by afk cloaking you shouldn’t be in null.

Not denying the threat is real. But any null entity should have a decent gameplan for being camped by cloakers. You’ve no right to be there without one.

1 Like

Yes but you were wrong so I ignored you :rofl:

1 Like

All the people in highsec, wormholes and stations are. So about 80% of the player base, give or take. 80% is a whole lot more than your tautology of literally 0%, so I guess your “argument” just fell apart.

Because it is a forum and anyone can answer.

:roll_eyes:

So you can’t solo PvP because you are worried about a name in local without the blue star and where the player is likely not even in his chair…okay.

HS is that way. ------------>

Let me see if I got this right. The hot drop guys are ready to go 24/365…but you guys aren’t? :thinking:

I’m calling Bravo Sierra.

1 Like

Ok, bye. You attempted to live in nullsec, you failed. Bad players and alliances (such as those who can’t organize 100-man fleets) are supposed to fail and get booted back to highsec. You are clearly not the sort of player that EVE wants, feel free to go back to WoW and farm all you like.

1 Like

What’s your point? Why do you need to be safe 23/7? Are you incapable of organizing a large PvP-capable fleet at a specific time and having everyone do their farming during those hours? Or are you just too greedy and feel entitled to run your RMT bot 23/7?

Soon they will be able to cover 24/7 the whole nullsec territory

So what. They’re still AFK, no matter how many there are. If you are competent and deserving of a place in nullsec you can come up with a response that isn’t “dock any time a non-blue name is in local”. Of course if you’re a RMTer then “dock any time a non-blue name is in local” is your bot’s only defense strategy, and of course AFK cloaking will be a problem for this.

1 Like