Main AFK cloaky thread

The entire point is that the response needed to guard against such a possibility, namely an actively formed fleet permanently on standby is disproportionate to the effort of dumping an afk cloaked cyno ship somewhere. You occur 0.0 risk while tying up substantial resources, which makes it a shitty mechanic (or rather a combination of mechanics).

1 Like

https://forums.eveonline.com/u/Salt_Foambreaker https://forums.eveonline.com/u/Linus_Gorp https://forums.eveonline.com/u/Teckos_Pech https://forums.eveonline.com/u/Merin_Ryskin
OK guys, itā€™s impossible try to discuss with you forever answering a endless rain of incredibly senseless comments. As long as you probably arenā€™t active players Itā€™s obvious you have much more time than me to write and you spend it trolling in this forum and all other EVE related sites so you win. Keep trying to defend your business and when you finally end destroying the game just remember that you destroyed the source of your business.

the cyno killed everyone?

The effort is not greater when you include the attack fleet, they made an effort too. Donā€™t act like the cyno alone is responsible for all this, it is just a scape goat.

1 Like

The entire point is that you should have the PvP fleet organized anyway, AFK cloaker or no AFK cloaker. The same PvP fleet also protects you against logon traps, a lucky interceptor getting tackle on you before you notice them, etc. Stop assuming that just because a solo player is capable of defeating the NPCs that solo player is entitled to farm solo in nullsec. PvP is a part of nullsec at all times, and if youā€™re farming outside of organized PvP groups then you only have yourself to blame. You arenā€™t entitled to remove one of the few small dangers in nullsec just because it would make your farming more efficient.

AFK cloaking has been around for a long time, including periods of growth. AFK cloaking is not destroying EVE, stagnant high-end PvP gameplay and broken sov mechanics are a far greater concern. The people who are lost to AFK cloaking are the people that donā€™t belong in EVE in the first place.

1 Like

This. When you look at the success Goons have in Delve it is due to the fact that they have largely solved this problem. Heck, TCKLE has solved the problem too. Iā€™ve gone there in a cloaky and left ASAP. Iā€™ve gone there with an interceptor fleet and weā€™ve left pretty quick as well. Either you nut up or shut up.

An actual attack fleet isnā€™t needed to make the threat of it happening.

You live in nullsec. Thereā€™s always a threat of PVP happening, thatā€™s the whole concept behind living in nullsec space.

1 Like

Come on, ā– ā– ā– ā–  gets spotted 10 systems away through intel.

Intel you canā€™t even counter because of 100% accurate local and 100% safe cloaks.

And the threat is enough to scare you into not undocking.

We have reached the root of the problem: Pixel Fear of Cloaked Ships.

2 Likes

Said no one ever.

Stop being daft, I said it is a disproportionate effort, not that I am too afraid to undock.

Mike did plenty of times. So did plenty of others.

What is it with you and easily disproven tautologies? Is all youā€™re capable of spilling out pure ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  points in hope that something will stick?

There are no rules that warfare has to be symmetrical. In fact, it very rarely is outside of prearranged fights / duels.

1 Like

I donā€™t believe I ever said that.

What I said is that you donā€™t undock in PvE ships with hostiles in the area. Instead you undock in combat ships and hunt the intruder down. Except you canā€™t. They are mechanically 100% safe under their nanny button.

The core of the situation here is that the cloakers believe they are entitled to targets whenever they decide they want them. They get frustrated when they are denied soft targets (obviously targets looking for a fight are pretty easy to find) so have instead adopted a tactic where they can put in near zero ongoing effort until a soft target appears. Basically they want to be able to log on to their mains and go get a target on demand without having to work for it.

And their counter argument is that their preferred targets should be putting in maximum effort at avoiding them at all times, even when they are not there. All the work in camping gates and having defense fleets mean nothing compared to them having their preferred content served up fresh on demand at all times.

1 Like

if you are refusing to undock pve ships just because there is a cloaky camper around, then thats entirely on you.
and Iā€™m saying this as someone who has had cloaky campers all over the place for the last 2 months straight. hasnā€™t stopped my pve activity in the slightest. just modified my behavior a little bit.
is there an active defense fleet up? then I bring out the big toys.
Is there a CTA and the defense fleet is down? then I dock up and join the CTA because pvp is more fun anyways.
Is bombers bar forming up? probably best to dock up the big stuff just in case.
is it late at night or there isnā€™t a decent defense fleet up at that moment for whatever reason? then I bring out smaller stuff that I donā€™t mind loosing if it gets dropped.

the only thing stopping you from getting your krab on, is your own fear and risk aversion.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not about whether or not they can be tolerated. Itā€™s about whether or not they should have to be tolerated.

Core tenant of EVE is that we are all at risk. If they are out there presenting a threat to me, then I should likewise present a threat to them. That is not currently the case. They suffer no threat at all until they choose to allow it, while presenting a threat to me from a safe and unassailable position.

Sure, anyone can get their krab on with a cloaker in the system. Thatā€™s never been the issue, despite a lot of pixels wasted by the pro-cloak crowd to make it seem that way.

The issue is that there should be some way to endanger the cloaker against his wishes. He should not have to be tolerated.

2 Likes

They donā€™t present a threat while cloaked.

I know you like that lie, but itā€™s still a lie.

2 Likes

I see Salt would just carry on crabbing in a carrier when there are 20 cloaked hostiles around him because they certainly arenā€™t a threat.

They really arenā€™t, unless the carrier pilot is a moron. If heā€™s half worth his salt, heā€™ll rip that hostile fleet apart without batting an eye.

I would because I have the secret weapon: Friends