Main AFK cloaky thread

Ah Hem < clearing throat >

Are you CRAZY man!!!

You are obviously doing it wrong. When there’s a neut in system the only thing you’re allowed to do is complain on the forums. Do NOT be out in space where they might get you!!!

:rofl:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

2 Likes

Let me stop you there, you obviously havent read the thousands of time this has been proposed before. Or given this much thought at all.

Ping your probe… within a few sec you know if a cloaked vessel is in the system.
CONGRATULATIONS, you’ve broken all of Wormhole Space.

1 Like

I dont think he pvp’s.

And if he does its not what i would call player versus player, more like drone follows player… he’s the drone; like so many others that claim to ‘pvp’.
Which explains why many don’t really understand a lot of things.

Came for salt. Found salt.

Easy fix … If carriers can’t enter highsec … Then surely a probe couldn’t be launched in J-Space …

:thinking:

So now you want to stop probes being launched in WH space? How are WH’ers supposed to scan down their sites and anomalies???

Let me guess, its not all probes… its just specific cloak spotting probes that are blocked by some kind of WH Magic ???

1 Like

To hunting for a cloaked ship? Assuming the loot fairy screws you, you get a reward. Otherwise, you get lots of reward.

And a counter with no counterplay is a good thing… because?

While not the primary question I have been asking, this is somewhat related. I would ask why the activity of a player that is simply logged in is rewarded? Shouldn’t eve be more about activity, rather than the lack there of?

As described in an example before:
I am lowsec pirate. I have system that me and my guys roam about in. Dude shows up, cloaks up and hides. He chose to come into my space, why do I not have a choice to engage him?

Look, if english isn’t your first language, then I understand and apologize for being somewhat confusing, but in regard to the question, you have not giving an answer within the requested parameters.
If you wanted to increase risk, make whatever locates the cloaked ship prohibit warp. A botter would be banned, and RMT related activites would also be banned. These are not part of the discussion, putting a cloak on your ship doesn’t make you the CCP bot police.

Explain to me a viable way to locate and decloak a ship out at a personal bookmark, outside of randomly getting lucky. This is fundamentally not possible. It’s more likely for myself to win a large sum of money, buy into EVE online, make some minor changes, ban the haters on the forum, and carry on as eve’s population grows.

If I didn’t want to find the ship, why would I even be asking for a way to locate the cloaked ship?
Judging from your reply, it would seem you haven’t even read the requests or are deliberately trying to derail the conversation.

Please do, as the suggestion was only created to humor a request made by another poster. I don’t have all the information to make a proper suggestion, which is why I’m asking for that information. Now if the goal here is to flood the thread with responses that discourage actual discussion, please continue at your own risk.

Could you explain further why you feel this would be a fix? I can’t seem to follow the line of thinking.

Why do you feel entitled to engage him? Would you be happier if he spent the entire time bouncing around pings and you still couldn’t engage him?

And what makes it your space? I get that you want to assert yourself in that space, that’s a whole lot better than the crybaby carebears that want to do their ratting but can’t because there’s a scary person that might come fight them, but at the end of the day, the space isn’t yours. You’re certainly free to do what you want there, but so are they. As their use does not collide with yours, there’s no reason for you to require a counter-play.

Because local is overpowered and needs a nerf. Countering the counter just puts it back to its pre-nerf state. That’s why, as explicitly stated by CCP, a prerequisite for any changes to cloaking is a nerf to local.

I would ask why the activity of a player that is simply logged in is rewarded? Shouldn’t eve be more about activity, rather than the lack there of?

Good question. Why do you, as a player, choose to give the AFK player a reward instead of demanding that they actively attack you before you dock up for the rest of eternity? The choice of reward is entirely in your hands, so you don’t have much right to complain if you voluntarily give it to someone.

Look, if english isn’t your first language, then I understand and apologize for being somewhat confusing, but in regard to the question, you have not giving an answer within the requested parameters.

I have given you your answer, you just don’t like that answer. The only parameter that it doesn’t fit is your apparent expectation that any answer consist of “yes, cloaking needs to be nerfed”.

If you wanted to increase risk, make whatever locates the cloaked ship prohibit warp.

IOW, you want to be able to bubble someone from across the system. That is utter lunacy and not going to happen.

If I didn’t want to find the ship, why would I even be asking for a way to locate the cloaked ship?

Because running a RMT bot more efficiently doesn’t require finding and engaging the cloaked ship, merely locating its position within a few AU is more than sufficient for the bot to know if it should dock or not.

Lol, you are classic. Well done. If english is your first language you might like to go back and freshen up on a few things, like forming coherent sentences. Those in glass houses?

No. It’s possible, and again if they’re at a personal bookmark it’s still possible (though at that point more likely they’re AFK so they pose no threat). But i’m not doing the work for you… there’s even threads on the forums discussing the technique.

Because you like to complain? I have no idea, but you keep doing it, but you do. From some of your earlier posts:

Just because you can’t be bothered doesn’t mean it isn’t possible.

And like I said earlier:

That’s extra amusing coming from you. Did you miss my question re ‘active gameplay’ or are you deliberately trying to derail the conversation?

Keep up the good work, solid effort so far.

Oh wait, how did I miss this:

:rofl: Gold!

I remember a time when lowsec pirates were scary, not scared. Those were the days.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

A service module
It will have a fuel cost 2-4 fuel an hour. Adjustable to CCP’ balance.

The service module can be activated like a moon drill can; activation cost 1000 fuel, cycle time is 2 hour. (So you can only activate it once every 2 hour)
The service module can only be fitted to a citadel - Astrahus, Fortizar or Keepstar.
Only one pr system is allowed.

For 5 minutes ALL cloaking in the system is deactivated.
The activation of the module needs to be delayed for 1 minute and broadcasted in advance to everyone in system via sound or log entry (NOT a pop-up), so that as the active cloaked camper gets a warning that they need to get ready to move out.

The service module can only be activated if you hold SOV in the system (This won’t break wormholes then. wormhole interference won’t let it active, something like that…)

The 5 minutes gives people enough time to scan down previously cloaked people and kill them…
5 minutes isn’t long enough, that you can’t warp around uncloaked and not get caught, or leave system - wait and then come back. It does however force the camper to be active…

Active camping is a great form of warfare, the ones not playing the game are not.

This would make it a purely defensive module as it would not work unless your alliance had SOV in the system.

Please come with constructive criticism for improvements.
Will update with new ideas or suggestions if they are in line with this module.

This is way beyond my level of PvP but wouldn’t decloaked ships just warp around to their safe spots for the 5 minutes?

Seems like an easy counter…

Actually you don’t quit, you just give up on that gameplay and do something else, like Orca mining someone else’s hisec Athanor moon ore while being in a corp that cannot be war decked. Seems fair to me.

An AFK flag is needed.

There is counter play.

General pvp preparedness is your counter to afk cloakers. Ask non-■■■■ null blocks.

But there’s no way to completely remove the risk of a fight, and there shouldn’t be. It’s null sec and the higher chance of being attacked is the price of mad-ticks.

If you prefer to rat in peace you’ve got high sec.

1 Like

Read EULA dumb-ass.

3 Likes

Would still rather see the activation timer every 4-6 hrs at a minimum and when the 5 mins activation is running, local drops out completely, that way activating it is not without it own risks. Also can’t be used in any other areas but null.

Just thinking of ways to possibly make it fair for all sides involved.

guess Pawiie just wants to have a counter to 24/7 Multibox afk campers, so yes, if the camper is not afk he can counter it by warping around…

1 Like

you need a systemwide cooldown timer, otherwise you can just plug in 1 module each in like 20 astrahus to work around the cooldown.

It´s mandatory that no bot program can react to the broadcast…or the malfunction of the cloaking
…thats why I would prefer it to be like a system wide corporation buff that depletes in 5 min or when using a warpgate of any kind…the module would buff the scanprobes so that they can scan down cloaked ships.

1 Like

Except it doesn’t let you scan down cloaked ships and kill them. As you said, an active player will just warp around and evade you until they can cloak again. And an AFK player will just log out when they go AFK now that cloaking is no longer safe. So you haven’t added any more PvP engagements, but you have done a great job of making local a more effective intel tool for RMT botters and bot-like players who wish to avoid PvP.

2 Likes

krabs like you are the reason why there are cloaky campers.

2 Likes