Main AFK cloaky thread

Is this the longest running thd? I hate to stomp on decent ppl, but that argument is over. Null is never going to stop crying about this…

Edit; 1 popcorn per yr. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

2 Likes

There is no discussion regarding any change to cloaking or it’s mechanics. Cloaking is a valuable tool which helps regular pilots achieve their goal. Cloaking also helps pvp pilots achieve their goals it is already balanced 50/50 as any pilot from any walk of life can use it.

1 Like

So setup one of your ships as a fast locking gunboat. Have that hang around with your miners…
Simple.

Protect yourself rather than requesting changes to make Zero Security Space more secure.

Also, if he is decloaking and lightning a cyno… he is not AFK.

@Jint_Hikaru the problem with a afk cloaky alt is that you do not know if hes afk or warping around

you did a bit of exploring on that character a few years ago
would you want that youre targets would know if you are active or not ?

or better you have to be active cause youre cloak is slowly running out of fuel so you have to limit the presence till you have to mvoe out to refuel

Thanks Captain obvious. So you fly accordingly, as explained already. Expect that they will try and jump you at some point and plan for it. Not that hard.

Again no. For one fuel is just a dumb idea that hurts legitimate cloaky gameplay. And it will be worked around anyhow. Hi there cloaky blockade runner that can carry days worth of fuel. Or look at that secure container that can’t be scanned loaded with more fuel to keep going.

It might make it more tedious but people who want to cloak for days on end will still find a way.

Just gonna post this here from my locked thread.

Why can’t we scan down cloaked ships?

Clearly probes scan signatures with pulsating radio waves, and if I’m not mistaken, a cloak deflects light to appear invisible, but isn’t actually invisible.

Probes should be able to scan down cloaked ships. Make it harder if need be, but not impossible.

I find it a bit unfair players can park alt accounts that act as a cctv without any danger to them because they’re cloaked.

1 Like

Because that defeats the purpose of the main power of a cloak.

It doesn’t matter if it’s “harder” or not.
If it’s possible, people will do it.

Why do you think it’s unfair that people play the game the way they want to?

If people didn’t show up in Local until they said things in Local, cloaky camping wouldn’t be a thing.

To be fair, people still camp wormholes even with their lack of a local.

2 Likes

Yea and amazingly people PVE with the assumption they are being watched, and still manage to thrive.

I guess WH krabs > nullsec krabs?

2 Likes

Welcome to worm holes!

In Worm holes Cloak is only used to guard entry points or as a means to hide from enemy ships or unknown ships detected in worm hole.

Or to sit cloaked near some kind of bait, ready to drop on anyone coming to investigate it.

I guarantee you that I know more about what wormholes are like than you do, and there is far more difference than just that.

Plenty of people here defending afk cloaking. I read your defenses for it, I still don’t agree. Bottom line, if my entire constellation is cloaky camped, the most likely thing I am going to do is log off the game and play something else. If it happens often enough, I imagine I would just unsubscribe.

I have no problem with a dedicated group of folks trying to shut down an enemies economy through cloaky camping, but it has to be an active effort. Just like we don’t want bots ruining the economy of eve, we should not be letting people that are not even at their desks have such an impact on the game. There have been plenty of good suggestions in this threat that would tackle afk cloaky camping without getting rid of the utility of a cloaking device for folks actually playing the game.

I’ve said my peace, logging out to go do something fun. Commence the hate.

3 Likes

Good. You are weak and do not belong in nullsec. Being driven out by the most minor of inconveniences is a success for EVE. Can I have your stuff before you leave?

Just like we don’t want bots ruining the economy of eve, we should not be letting people that are not even at their desks have such an impact on the game.

There is very little impact against competent alliances. The only people hurt by this are renter trash farmers who think they’re entitled to farm 23/7 because they paid someone to put their name on a system. People who understand that nullsec is PvP space and farming is the reward for active and constant PvP activity to defend their space are barely inconvenienced by AFK cloaking because an AFK ship is not a threat.

There have been plenty of good suggestions in this threat that would tackle afk cloaky camping without getting rid of the utility of a cloaking device for folks actually playing the game.

There really haven’t been. What we have is a 6000 post thread full of RMT botters and bot-like players demanding various things that would do little more than remove the ability to stay logged in while cloaked and therefore make local a more effective tool for avoiding PvP.

2 Likes

OMG lol, we got some real live ones on the line.

So funny to watch all these excuses for “I am piss my pants frightened to undock if I am not alone in a system”. :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It reminds me of a drunk who thinks no one knows.

We know you are shaking in your panties afraid, just admit it and quit.

1 Like

I’m just getting here, can someone catch me up? :parrotwave1: :parrotwave2: :parrotwave3: :parrotwave4: :parrotwave5:

ROFL !!! :rofl: Well played Sir ! :clap:

1 Like

TL;DR: RMT bots don’t run if a non-blue name is in local, RMT botters want AFK cloaking removed so local will be empty again.

2 Likes

Not all are botters, some are carebears who want to pretend they are pixel tough :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: