Main AFK cloaky thread

This is not the first thread of it’s type and the name is intentional.

It gives people in NPC null who are afraid to undock unless they are alone in a system a place to cry when a name appears in local.

Cloaking is fine.

Are you @Ridley_Rohan , ban evader?

2 Likes

Why do you come after me?

Think before responding.

Why?

All I did was point out that some people miss the thread and its intention to funnel all AFK cloaking talk and provided an example of a confused person.

The intent was to be helpful.

So why are you mad dog bum rushing me?

I have a thread about force-merged discussion pros and cons in the forum feedback area - I think my thread has locked for inactivity, but I’d be happy to request a reopen so you can add this example and your feedback for the community team.

1 Like

It’s one simple reply. And not even that over the top. Overly sensitive enough?

2 Likes

Me smells a forum alt

Ridley…
Excitable Boy (2007 Remaster) - YouTube

When using invisibility, “fatigue “accumulates, when a certain level is reached, it becomes impossible to use invisibility, the more” fatigue”, the more “rollback”. Fatigue is removed gradually by itself, after restarting the server, when passing the gate between the systems, after passing the “wormhole” and in the dock.

Fatigue is only in the “zeros”, in the empire and wormholes it is not needed.

Insider info? Sounds like the best guess so far.

Yea I dunno. The announcement specifically references a “new intel tool” which sounds more like a module or something used to spot someone cloaked vs a change to cloaks themselves.

Sounds like this would affect active cloaky camping just as much as afk cloaky camping. And as such, I think there are better ways to make afk cloaky camping ineffective.

I’m hoping for an interactive system that allows active cloaky camping in systems for hours in a way that inattentive (or afk) cloaky campers can get caught. In my opinion it should be possible to cloaky camp a system for hours, provided the camper puts in effort. Your idea would not distinguish between at the keyboard and afk cloaky camping and would make both impossible for prolonged times in one system.

Hopefully it is sov based and not some general tool for botters.

This should be a good IQ test for CCP. Now I’m even more curious to see what they have come up with.

Oh boy :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :sweat_smile:

Probably something that will dissatisfy both afk cloaky campers, non-afk cloaky campers and those who are targeted by them (the ones asking for a change)… so basically most likely everyone will be screwed over.

:smirk:

2 Likes

Yeah, I forgot to add the sarcasm again… :laughing:

1 Like

Hopefully it’s a nice blingy module that bastions/seiges the ship so it can’t move while being used, and an active hunter can waltz in and light a cyno on it’s backside.

Can I pay cash, err, I mean plex to buy a afk cloaky uncloaky thingey?

1 Like

Stop that.

1 Like

ISD Vulture strikes again! Do you ever sleep??? :rofl:

Never. I was just streaming.

1 Like

Not gonna press my luck! :wink:

1 Like