Main AFK cloaky thread

Please. The whole reason you can’t scan cloaked ships was due to whines.

When was this whining?

Actually i was complaining about players not being there, being afk. Now go away because your argument is invalid, you failed multiple times and all you can do is pick people and insult and try to make fun of them over the internet. I wish you were more brave, child.

11 or so years ago

They’re cloaked. You have no idea whether they’re AFK, or just smart enough not to take your obvious bait. Sure tells something when you can’t even bait the morons that are cloaking in Providence, the worst of the worst. Your entire whining about AFK cloakers is invalid, because has any cloaker, AFK or not, ever harmed anyone while he’s cloaked? No.

You yourself claim they’re not a threat. That they’re irrelevant and not worth the time. Yet you continue to whine about them here, “wasting” your time. You claim one (usually illogical and stupid) thing and do another thing contrary to what you claim. The best course of action would be to just ignore you if this were remotely resembling a discussion, but it’s just a trashcan thread for “AFK cloakers hurt my RMT botting, make them go away CCP” whiners like yourself. There is no discussion here.
If you want to avoid being picked on, then perhaps start with writing about things you have at least the tiniest amount of knowledge about.

1 Like

They are afk mostly, unless they play 23/7 for weeks. If you think i bot or rmt please report me because it is a little boring of you coming with this bullsh1t everytime without any proof. You dont even know the people you insult. I wish i was there to teach you a few lessons child.

It amuses me greatly that you whine about me pulling the same tricks that you do all the time. I fear the irony of that is lost on you, though.

1 Like

I like how it is: “I’m wasting my time because they are not there, but I have to play as if they are there.” :thinking:

2 Likes

It’s almost like we’re playing a MMORPG that other people are playing too.

1 Like

Except that part where they are mostly afk and you cant interact with them no matter how badly you want. You whine about ratters docking up when you want to kill them but you defend your point when pvpers want to kill you but cant because you are afk.

I’m fine with both. Whoops!

Heck I’m even fine if you are paying attention to intel channels and are docked by the time I arrive. Playing smart is…playing smart. Nothing wrong with that. But if you are playing smart and you want to nerf cloaks on top of it, gee, smells like an agenda to me vs. game balance issues.

2 Likes

Noone wants to nerf cloaks, we want to nerf safe afking in hostile space.

Mike certainly wants to Nerf cloaks. And your suggestion buffs ratting and mining if only indirectly…

1 Like

And your suggestion buffs cloaking while nerfing almost every other aspect of the game.

Not really. Being able to probe down cloaks is a nerf. Removing local is a buff. The OA brings in different types of game play and strategies.

Of course, you haven’t actually responded to this idea, you respond to your version of it.

1 Like

Can you link this? Covert cloaks have been in the game as they currently are, since the beginning. What was this whinging about (ie. what specific change or proposal led to this whinging)?

Indeed, that is a bit vague. Force recons showed up in 2005…more than 11 years ago…

Not balanced. You cant probe down active cloakers because they warp from safe to safe, while afk cloakers will not be a problem anymore since you dont even know they are there, it is a HUGE buff to cloaks and a HUGE nerf to everything else. Imagine a smaller highsec corp being wardecced by some big entity. By the time they spot the enemy, its already too late… Your idea would create a whole new game which is interesting but will never happen, would cost way too much to create and balance everything again not to mention the time to develop it. You cant just remove local and make cloaked ships scannable. One more thing: the majority of eve is used to local. Imagine how many people would leave the game if they made such a change.

Well…now you know he is active don’t you. See, now I don’t believe you. Once you know he is active, because you can’t catch him…you complain.

You complain when you can’t probe him.

Sorry…your story is not really adding up for me anymore.

It isn’t my idea. According to various comments and tid bits here and there by CCP Devs this seems to be the direction they are looking in. Maybe they’ll do something else, but this is really old ground…pretty sure even Mike will confirm this.

Oh, and if you are probing down a cloaker and chasing him around. My guess is he isn’t going to be hunting too much…because he is clearly being hunted. Drop some bubbles as well as you land in his old safes…and keep on him.

Again, that is not what I was suggesting, at least not just that. Look you are way late to this conversation. Go back to the hold forums and catch up.

The majority of EVE was used to lots of things that have changed over time. You might want to go read the Observatory Array thread on the forums too. Quite a few were rather interested in the idea…especially the possibility that OAs could form a network…

1 Like

Majority of people do not use the forums… You keep forgetting this. Our opinions are not the community’s opinion, only a few people’s opinion. Already alot of people left the game because of changes over the years. After deleting local, probing down cloakers is almost pointless, just like holding a sov, starting a smaller corp, etc. I cant explain better because of my limited english knowledge and sorry for that, but if you think about it a little more you will find out by deleting local you will create new, bigger problems.