Make 1.0 High-Sec non PvP Please

Just “No”

“Devastating loss is a KEY molding moment but requires understanding, a ray of hope and social support.”

Don’t see anything about AG or “ganking=bad” or more of the usual “make HS great again” nonsense…and nothing that counters the older study they did…so BS? Nope…

2 Likes

Enough of your nonsense. That whole segment about new player retention and the graph he presents clearly counters that old CCP Rise BS, which by the way was only done on new players with less than 30 days in the game…

Data and research suggests that some of the most powerful onboarding experiences we have in terms of retention in the game are player established fleet roams for new players in a mentorship style.

From 2006 to 2015, Agony Empire had nearly 10,000 pilots go through their ‘Fleet Roams For Newbies’ class and 82% of those players were still playing one year later.

CCP doesn’t have any initiatives for new players like that and wants to support community efforts to build bigger fleets and corps.

We try to get them to die with us, that is the most important moment.

Now if you’re going to quote about ‘Devastating Loss’, do it correctly instead of trying to twist it around and present it in an attempt to justify your viewpoint that ganking new players is what keeps them in the game.

CCP Hilmar:

Devastating Loss is really like, we now call it The Magic Moment, at the moment you lose your first spaceship is the moment whether, either you have enough understanding of why it happened, and or you have the social network to help you through it, then you play forever. If you don’t then you immediately quit and never come back.

Understanding why it happened, a ray of hope that you can respond and get back on your feet and get revenge, and social support. During the Magic Moment, that is what makes an elite Eve player.

Getting revenge should have clued you in on what he’s talking about. He’s not referring to ‘Devastating Loss’ as happening in a big fleet fight with other players because losing a ship there is to be expected. He’s referring to being alone and getting attacked resulting in ship loss. In other words, getting ganked. Not understanding why it happened, not having a social support group, not being able to respond and get back on you feet and get revenge is clearly referring to brand new players.

So yeah, enough of your nonsense

3 Likes

Where did I say that? Nowhere…maybe you want to clue yourself into what I actually said before spouting nonsense.

Correct…It’s not the ship loss that’s the issue or how it was lost, it’s the other three issues that come after that are the issues. Teach people why it happened, how to prevent it and if needed, a group to join. THAT is the key to retention…

…not making HS a safe space for those that can’t deal with adversity.

Remember this gem?

DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Well, that wasn’t surprising.
Thanks for confirming Eve Online has turned into Grief Online.

CCP Falcon
Suicide ganking has always been possible. Nothing’s changed for 11 years.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but EVE hasn’t changed in this respect.

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4966760#post4966760

Was like that for the first 11 years and the next 6 after that :joy:

This is what makes EVE different from other games.

2 Likes

Nothing here contradicts the point I made that there’s no evidence that losing ships is driving players away in large numbers.

Not only does the video not challenge my assertion, but I didn’t comment on what does encourage people to stay. You’re arguing with yourself. Not with me.

I’ve deleted a post containing personal attacks on an individual. Consider this a first warning.

3 Likes

People play this game to mine or mission?
I understand now you can’t stand too much excitement or you may have a cardiovascular event that is negative to your health.
But SOME people played this game strictly for PVP anywhere…
It worked and there was 50-70k on at high times…now dated, maybe 20k?
There’s a problem Houston, in Houston.

1 Like

Eve can’t allow 100% safe risk-free ISK, so the only way to do this would to have an area where mining was completely worthless. Perhaps your mining lasers would cycle forever but not pull any ore. So my suggestion is to take a screenshot of your Mackinaw mining rocks and set it as your desktop. Which leads me on to…

There are other threads on this forum complaining that monopolistic mining crews are ganking and bumping other miners. So to answer your question: other miners are threatened by your desire to take “their” ISK. And every every other player is threatened by your inflationary desire for risk-free ISK.

You can really enjoy Eve if you can learn to cope with a little risk.

2 Likes

How about this… make PvP a toggle On/Off option for players when in High-Sec 1.0 Space ONLY!. But once you step out of 1.0 Game On! PvP is turned on and you cannot toggle it off unless you enter a High-Sec 1.0 sector again. If the player does not want to PvP turn PvP Off. Let the player decide how he wants to play while in High Sec 1.0. I’d like to add that if a High-Sec 1.0 becomes part of ‘Contested Space’ PvP is automatically turned ON. Oh and if a player forgets to turn PvP off in High-Sec 1.0 space and gets Ganked. That’s a lesson learned.

What is your ‘Real Objection’ To High-Sec 1.0 being non PvP zones? Is it that the new players will mine up all the Veldspar? Is it that the level 1 and 2 missions are too lucrative and new players will be able to farm ISK and ultimately unbalance the EVE Economy? Or is it just the idea that you cannot Shoot and Kill ANY Player in the game at ANY time CONCORD Be Damned! If so, rebrand the game as an MMOPvP Extravaganza! Don’t call it an MMORPG and Don’t say it offers Gaming for everyone, Hardcore and Casual players alike. If the term ‘Casual Player’ only means ‘FRESH MEAT!’ to the EVE Online Player Base.

Some of you may feel like my suggestions will only ‘Spoil’ the game you love, but your ‘actions’ pretty much ‘Spoil’ the game for us Casual Players. So what is the solution? Any ideas? or is the only solution to GTFO! and go play a bogus game like Candy Crush?

Cheers! Fly Safe o7

1 Like

Sure and when that is on, players cannot earn ISK through any means other than the training missions.

Can’t have it both ways…

1 Like

I am speaking personally now, rather than trying to make a general case. Because Eve is a sandbox, people will have many reasons for their opinions.

My objection to totally safe zones is twofold:

1. Players in those zones are not playing Eve (and there is a good chance they will never play it).
  2. Players in those zones unfairly gain risk free ISK.

Playing Eve is all about managing your risk and reward. That’s the core of the game. As you learn Eve you gain knowledge about risky and rewarding behaviour, and you make meaningful decisions with consequences based on that knowledge. Removing this is deleting the game.

So as I mentioned above. You can have a no-risk zone. But it must have no rewards. You must decide to leave that zone to gain any rewards, and deal with the consequences. That is playing Eve Online. If you don’t like that, then you don’t like Eve.

In your original text and your reply above you appear to consider yourself a helpless victim. This is simply not true. All you have to do is decide to play.

Edit: I will say that I think Eve’s marketing and new player experience fail to convey what I have said above, selling it as an immersive RPG. The problem with an immersive RPG is that people get immersed, then feel aggrieved when “they” are “attacked”. It took me several goes at Eve before it clicked for me. Now I treat Eve more like a tabletop game, where my losses are just captured pieces on the big board of New Eden.

2 Likes

You create a place where people can endlessly generate resources in complete safety. Mining veldspar in complete immunity devalues tritanium for everyone and incentivises everyone mining for their tritanium in the game’s handful of PvP immune systems.

Veldspar does not have a trivial value. It is more valuable than a number of low and null-sec ores. Tritanium is the most needed mineral in the game, veldspar is the best source. People get rich. Like seriously Eve rich just mining veldspar.

If you protect veldspar mining from any competition and any loss you totally screw the economy. Competing miners should always be able to blow you out of the sky. Violence is always legitimate execution of competition in Eve.

No. It’s that everyone would do it. This would be cataclysmic for the game economy. No-risk-no-competition resources would fundamentally damage the game. Especially when it comes to tritanium generation.

Resources are the one thing we should always be fighting over in Eve. It’s the very reason to contest space. That’s not limited to nullsec. High sec resources are fought over too. Any immunity from that is bad.

1 Like

The real issue is there are little to no consequnces for ganking. There are active -10 security standing toons ganking in High Sec. Concord need to start podding gankers. Security standing should matter but right now it does not mean anything. Hell Brisc I messaged you about no consequnces for gankers the last time you were a CSM.

1 Like

Look at it another way:

Who’s gonna actually buy your veldspar when there’s a huge glut? What’re you actually gonna mine for? A fraction of an isk per unit? You’re making your game time significantly less worthwhile.

You’ll have all that ore you mined in complete safety and nobody will want to pay you for it.

How about you start podding gankers rather than lobbying for bots to do things for you?

So blow them up. What’s stopping you?

No safe areas ever. We start down that road and it never ends

Everything’s fine because we’re on ritalin.