Make abandond wrecks turn blue automatic / semi automatic

Make abandond wrecks turn blue automatic after x hours, or make it an option like when you create book makes, where you have the option on how long tine you wanna keep the bookmarks.

*Update

Okay my thougt about this topic, is i often see systems with wrecks “abandonded” yellow with the owner not in local or 0 ppl in the systems, and even if i stay in the system, the owner does not return.

Now if you want to loot the wreck with low value items you have to go suspect. To get like free ammo og a mining laser worth 3000 isk or 1 metal scrap.

But if you want to salvage the wreck in front of the owner no problem no criminal flag even if the wreck is yellow.

Lost drones in space can be scoop into cargo hold without criminal flag.

I know about the right click and abondon wreck / wrecks.

I get it in some situations you dont want to turn the wreck blue.

Abandon the wreck could be a choice like you have grenn, yellow,red safety options.

If you have mining fleet or ratting or what ever, and dont giv a F*** about the wrecks. I think most ppl skip the manual abandon wrecks for most of the time, because it is anoying to do over and over again.

1 Like

Interesting concept in a way, but I’m not sure it is possible to make an option for hours - because wrecks only last 2 hours and then they go ‘poof’. If it is time related it would have to be shorter (minutes) … or some other way.

1 Like

Perhaps as a user setting rather than global.

Yes, it’s automation (no, not really, just an option for a value, but we know we get the “no changers” crying about “automation” as they want their right click hidden menu spam). Get over it.

It is useful for those daily sprees when people just want to farm an NPC kill but cba finding wreck in overview, right clicking and selecting abandon wreck(s).

I don’t think people in general will classify an option like that as automation. It doesn’t really grant the user anything of value since you can already ‘share’ wrecks with your alts via fleet mechanics. All it does it let you give things away of a value the player themselves feels is too low a value to collect that someone else might want.

I don’t think many people would use such an option for fear of accidentally leaving it on for things they do want, but I don’t think an objection on the grounds of automation would stand.

Same can be said about safety levels.

It could also be a mechanic that says if you dont pick up your wrecks within x hours then is gonna be auto abandon for other ppl to pick without getting a criminal timer

Wrecks dissapear after 2 hrs of creation, sometimes 1 hour or less in Rookie systems…

This is a waste of Dev time, just right click and abadon all wrecks if you want or leave them be since you cant get them unless someone or a drone or an mobile structure has been let there.

Why do carebears come up with the dumbest ideas? instead of learning how to play and using the tools already in game?

wrecks could be set to auto-abandon after one hour , leaving less than an hour for players to scavenge them .
op tell us what you’re trying to do with this change , that you can’t do now .

@Rastaline why do you want wrecks to turn blue automatically for?
if the person killing NPC’s wants to make them available to everyone they have that option. If they don’t, they have that option, why take that out of our hands?

Ninja salvaging is an ancient and most noble tradition. I’d hate to see it undercut any further by wrecks just turning blue on their own. It’s not hard for players to right click → abandon.

I guess I’d consider a suggestion where the last half hour of their life they tick over to blue or something because they’re already almost gone anyway, but then again, at that point, the player has almost certainly moved on…

Unless they’re waiting for you to come back. At which point, I’d hate for them to not be able to do anything about the system automatically giving away their bait.

Without a good reason presented for automatically abandoning wrecks, I have to assume its because not wanting to face reprisal for looting ‘other people’s’ mission sites.

1 Like

thats what it looks like to me…

1 Like

Okay my thougt about this topic, is i often see systems with wrecks “abandonded” yellow with the owner not in local or 0 ppl in the systems, and even if i stay in the system, the owner does not return.

Now if you want to loot the wreck with low value items you have to go suspect. To get like free ammo og a mining laser worth 3000 isk or 1 metal scrap.

But if you want to salvage the wreck in front of the owner no problem no criminal flag even if the wreck is yellow.

Lost drones in space can be scoop into cargo hold without criminal flag.

I know about the right click and abondon wreck / wrecks.

I get it in some situations you dont want to turn the wreck blue.

Abandon the wreck could be a choice like you have grenn, yellow,red safety options.

If you have mining fleet or ratting or what ever, and dont giv a F*** about the wrecks. I think most ppl skip the manual abandon wrecks for most of the time, because it is anoying to do over and over again.

These are good points. Anyone got any response to these? Seems arbitrary that salvage, drones, and (long time since I’ve tried) deployable containers are considered fair game. But the loot is not.

I actually think we should go the other way. Those listed above turn you suspect.

This.

That or do something really wild and crazy and turn off Concord’s auto response outside of noob systems and make people hit a distress button to call concord leaving the rest of space to be a bit more… well, spacey.

This could be a career opportunity for a completely new player with no skill or net worth what-so-ever. If not viable as a career because of low loot value, then it would still be viable as an arrangement between friends. Since it is particularly of interest to people just getting started, it might be better to leave this as a reason for newbies to cooperate, albiet probably a fairly weak one. Something’s better than nothing, though, in my opinion.

Coming to a system near you: Big Joe Bob’s Loot Conversion Corvette.

Need some abandoned loot, but feelin’ too yellow to go yellow? Call Big Joe! Big Joe will come to your site with his cheap-as-free pickup Corvette, pick up your loot, and deposit it into an abandoned jetcan! You can even use Big Joe’s Big Corvette as target practice after a job because Big Joe can always get another corvette to fix up at the junkyard!

Big Joe Bob got the idea for his business when he noticed there was perfectly good space junk going to waste because people were afraid of getting shot when there was nobody else around. Big Joe Bob doesn’t like space junk (He has a garage full of junkyard Corvettes to soup up already), but he does like money, driving Corvettes, and free FY advertising!

Finally, a job for the everyman who likes a little excitement but doesn’t have the skill, money, or experience to risk on flashy ships, unless it’s a corvette flashing yellow!

(Payment of 100,000 isk due once goods have been collected and deposited into container for pickup prior to abandonment of said container. Big Joe Bob does not own a salvager [it costs money] and will not salvage wrecks for you. You are responsible for taking inventory before and after and notifying Big Joe if there are any missing items. Failure to do so may result in the destruction of some of your cargo when you shoot Big Joe Bob after the job. Big Joe Bob reserves the right to deny service to anyone for any reason, especially, but not limited to, “Eh, I’m not feelin’ it right now.”)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.