New players can bring along Covetor to speed up mining quite a bit, and seasoned players often bring along Orcas. On multiboxed accounts there is huge synergy to the different ship types, in real teamwork situations there are serious hurdles:
- how do you fairly share mined ores?
- how do you let your teammates make use of the Orca’s ore storage space?
There needs to be more assistance from the game itself to improve teamwork here. Possible improvements:
- Autobuy for ores when players deposit it into the orca. Orca owner sets price for accepted ores.
- Tracking of ore deposit amounts when players deposit it into the orca. (“donation” that may get rewarded later by the corp, maybe weekly payments for total ore mined and deposited).
- Sort of a contract for ore delivery: deposit in an orca, the orca has a home base set where it will drop off your ores, keep a counter somewhere for the amount of ores delivered, or simply let the Orca owner define a delivery price per m3.
etc. etc. etc.
Just my first two cents. I’m certain there are simpler and better solutions to make teamwork fair and reliable even for players who don’t dump thousands of US$ per year into the game. And I haven’t even started on how to make a good payment system for mining fleet protection.