Make low security pilots attackable in HS

While I like the general idea of your post, I was merely pointing out that due to changes CCP did a few years ago, a character’s positive security status can no longer go up over +5.00 standing.

Ah. Well, it was just an idea I played with. And it wasn’t the complete list of things to change. Just what made the most sense in that context.
Consider it a thought experiment born out of boredom. It would never be adopted, as there would simply be too much to change.

1 Like

I like the idea. Concord get financial problems, so it will not defend capsulers with low security status.

1 Like

It were an idea on how to make faction standing more relevant in the daily gameplay.

1 Like

It is no relevenxe if a crab or bot stays docked or undocked. They bring nothing to the game other than their sub xost which boosts plex stockpile value.

You mean they should actually follow up with the threats the NPC’s make? What? That wouldn’t make sense to have the NPC’s actually do what they say would it?

“You are a criminal, leave now or be destroyed!”… a few seconds later… “sure, go ahead and dock in the police station, conduct any business you want, fine by us”…

Then you have this grandiose claim about all decisions having real consequences. Except that being a -10 in HS really isn’t of any consequence to how they play the game. They can be tethered to a structure just off gate waiting for their target. Or they can just warp back and forth until they see something they want to hit. They have zero travel restrictions (they can fly through 1.0 space, dock in ANY HS NPC stations). Yeah, criminal pirates can’t really PVE, but guess what, they don’t want to anyways, not really a consequence is it? I think that’s about the only thing a criminal pilot can’t do.

Bounties aren’t a solution because they are broken. In order to cash in on a bounty, you have to destroy their ship. Since you only receive 10% of the ship’s value and you have to generally flag yourself in order to blow up their ship, whatever you are losing to the popo better be less than the 10% you are getting from the bounty.

Killrights are also just as broken. Seeing how most killrights you find in HS are baiting/farming killrights. Or some guy sitting in some tanked up Domi docking and undocking until his timer expires and there’s just some poor sap left with a limited engagement so he can switch to a Vindi and melt the guy. Meanwhile his alt which he used to place the KR on himself is rolling in the money.

3 Likes

Seems to be a complaint about not being able to fight back, not really a carebear complaint. The thing is it would have to specify -10 players as being flagged and not simply anyone the Security decides to fight as there is plenty of potential to abuse things. Though Killrights and BountyHunting could use some kind of verification process that could at least clue someone in if something smells.

Low Security pilots are already attackable everywhere.

/thread

If you are -5 you should not even be allowed to enter high sec.

You should be an outlaw in low and null.

2 Likes

And if you are a carebear you should not be allowed to post on the forums. Guess we both don’t get what we want.

5 Likes

…another whiner asking for an easy button…

So then people will maintain a -4.9 and and you’ll then whiner more and lower the bar…rinse and repeat.

1 Like

This Topic has been moved to Player Features and Ideas Discussion

1 Like

LOL I liked the idea by the title but saw it a bit differently, as in where one makes their bed. If you choose to home-clone outside of Empire Space you don’t have to be treated like a resident. Seems a no-brainer to me too.

But sorry it wont happen. CCP doesn’t care about such things …as the message is conveyed. “Sandbox” and all that. If it means a lot to you, bug the counsel.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you care more about the game than me.

It is called effort. Maintaining a lower security standing is more work.

At -5 the are barred from HS, at -4.9 they can be attacked by anyone, so they are still at risk.

I’d say -0.01

Grind baby, grind!

Technically, all pilots can be attacked in high sec.
Just depends on how much of a spine you have to handle the consequences.

1 Like

It has ZERO to do with spine. The mechanics are trash. The target can logi himself with an alt without consequences.

You can’t even aggress a ganker without concord protecting that pirate because the standing system is bad.

How so?

Seems like someone doesn’t understand the mechanics he’s calling trash. Perhaps you think they’re trash because you don’t understand them? :slight_smile:

1. is involved in a war (including normal wars or FW)
  2. does not share a corp/alliance (or FW side if the war in question is the FW war) with the assistor
  3. is engaged in PVP (has a capsuleer logoff timer)

After the April release, the penalty for direct targeted neutral assistance meeting the conditions above AND occurring within highsec will become a criminal flag and CONCORD response.

1 Like