Make plexes in fw only capturable by Omega

It’s not because people don’t D-Scan.

The point of FW plexes is that they offer a radically different meta on the inside of the Plex, one that is restricted by the gate activation hull restrictions.

Previously, if someone were to simply camp the outside of that Plex with a nanogang comp, your comp must not only be able to take care of that nanogang on the outside but must also perform well on the inside. There are a plethora of comps that simply cannot do that.

This was the specific problem we encounter all the time: The Amarr are inside the Plex with a comp and we (the Minmatar) want to go inside to fight them under the terms of the Plex, but cannot because only a few pirates are camping the outside. Without either instant slide mechanics or the 100km slide radius we had to either push off the pirates on the outside or sacrifice a few guys to them to fight the Amarr.

That is why the slide radius was changed to 100km.

And you might say: hey I’m a pirate and I liked that content. Well, FW is about one faction fighting the other. Most FW players are extremely ticked off by the involvement of pirates. That is a careful balance, and I like where it is now because lots of fights do happen with pirates and the factions are still able to mostly fight each other if they choose.

1 Like

Welp, that was an education and I can’t find an argument for any of it. Not that I’m looking for one, it all just makes sense.
The plexing part I found so boring seems now, from reading what you said about it, to be more my fault than anything. I did the ones I succeeded at in lightly populated places. The more populated ones I died in a fire in no time flat, me in a Slasher (or other tiny ships) vs everyone in the world in something fancy didn’t work well.
My attempts at being in fleets didn’t go well at all, I can’t use comms and as a result I was the first to die, but it was still kind of fun, confusing though because people kept zooming off and I had to use Dscan to chase my own fleet. The fleets I’m used to we have simple stuff to use in chat, and it works ok but only if I remember to pay attention to the chat window.

1 Like

You are not wrong it can be very boring.

Thats alright. Slasher can be a very nasty ship but there are also many people with nastier ships and simply more sp / knowledge. Keep trying aslong as you dont get frustrated by it.

Yup that sucks. 90% of the time its enough if you just listen if you are shy or got anxiety. Or its just shitty Internet on a boat ;D. Not my business but maybe its a solution.

learn to use d scan. its a button

This makes no sense becuase the people who bot with alpha’s make enough from their fw bots that they can affored to sustain omega on their bot np.

1 Like

Let me ask you a question with a hypothetical situation. You dscan the acceleration gate on a plex and there are two Gnosis sitting there. In the plex is a small gang of enemy dessies and you are bringing a small gang of dessies. You are almost guaranteed to lose at least two dessies on the outside of that plex before you even begin the fight. How is this an improvement?

You Dont have to take that fight? lol

But isn’t the point of FW plexes to create small gang content between the different Empires?

Ya u can pick fights?

I try to, but I’m pretty bad at it.

Those are the exact advantages I want to overcome. I’m not frustrated, I’m going broke and having a blast doing it.

The part I love about this is at first I died almost instantly every time, now it takes longer, sometimes a lot longer. There was one fight I was in where I would like to think I would have won but forgot to watch my capacitor, this, and other mistakes like it still happen but less and less every time.
Something I should maybe stop doing is trying to make better and better fits. I think my ships being different all the time contributes to some of my mistakes. Just the difference between one armor repair module and another can make a huge difference power wise, or worse, running out of nanite repair paste and having the thing suddenly eat my capacitor in an effort to keep running.
For the most part I’m making my own ships and some of their modules, though that is sort of slowing down a lot, I hate mining and that doesn’t help. What I have been doing instead is ratting and using loot to build stuff, that’s actually kind of fun anywhere but highsec. Right now I’m out in the far edges of nullsec, ratting there is much better than a lot of places, but it’s pretty tricky getting stuff back where I need it.
Wormholes help a lot. Sometimes

Yes you can pick fights. However, fighting inside Plexes is what makes FW unique. How would be decreasing the activation range stop botting/afk farming? I support the NPC inside scramming but a large activation range allows for a wider range of comps.

1 Like

If you are just using T1 frigs/dessies you can cover most, if not all, of your losses by plexing/looting. With about six months in the Amarr/Min Warzone I’ve collected several hundred million in T2/meta mods and charges that I can then use in my own fits.

I disagree flighting inside plex is unique… FW is war u fight whatever and wherever

1 Like

Mostly it’s me being looted, it’s pretty grim actually. I’m truly bad at this still. Actually it’s really funny to me how bad I am at it, it’s also amusing to the people doing me in who are nice enough to tell me what I did wrong. They usually talk about my ship vs theirs, how I could have pulled range and that sort of thing, but what they didn’t see was me doing things like turning on my guns and then trying to turn them on again because I’m frantically pushing buttons. That will get better, and has been over time, but still, there’s nothing like trying to salvage the person who is blowing you up. And yes, I did that once.

Well I’m glad that you’ve kept at it. Getting out of the tunnel vision when you’re in a fight is the hardest part in my opinion. I recently took a brief break from undocking and flew today for the first time in a while. I had only been gone for a couple weeks, but in that time I got a tad rusty and got tunnel vision and fed ships. If you ever want advice or people to fly with, feel free to shoot me a mail in game.

1 Like

I will do that, thank you!

1 Like

i blapped over 30+ bots yesterday. they really are a plague. they’re usually flying coercers or tristans.

the tristan bots are kinda cool since they try to recover their drones before warping off. you can catch them in a plex about 30% of the time if you’re flying a quick warping ship.

5 Likes

No please.
I am an alpha and I make a living off of farming. Bad right? Wrong. I take out full T2 fitted combat ships, from T1 to faction to pirate to destroyer to even the occasional Rupture. I only oplex, as dplexing is absolute trash income, and oplexing also gives me an opportunity to pvp. I fly solo everything, mostly thrashers, and am having a blast. I honestly like FW exactly the way it is. The one thing I would change is to make the rats in missions have better application/tracking plus plenty of speed, tackle, and other nonsense. Sence their payout is so good, they should be quite difficult. To kill antyhing in a medium and up, use a Curse. To kill stuff in smalls, use ships to drive them out toward waiting fastwarping smartbomb Proteuses or similar. Easy. I will not kill you if you are trying to hunt bots.
Unless you wanna brawl afterwards!

2 Likes

That wont fix anything , im pretty sure those bots runned by 2-3 people and every one of them owns 5-6 , It will ruing life for many players ( including me ) but bots still will be running ,owners of those bots got enought isk to plex those accounts and keep farming , bots do that not for any side, they do that for money and a lot of it, especialy now because amarr/caldri bots are getting full lp for capturing plexs and they will keep doing it , but lives of alpha players will be ruined , only solution there is - improve bot banning system

3 Likes