Make the game more solo player friendly

You could try surrendering… They might show mercy!

But not really. If 10 guys want to destroy your structure in eve, they can. If 10 guys want to knock over your real life sand castle, they will

1 Like

" Er…no…this is actually David Hasselhoff’s sand castle…mine is the tiny one over there. Oh look…here comes David now…"

Missions, you want missions. You can play a limited version of the game and hisss at anyone who tries to talk to you.

This game was designed as a MMO, there is no getting away from that, you have to interact with other players at some point even if it’s hiring mercs to protect your station.

1 Like

Weren’t you moaning in another thread not so long ago about how new players are so far behind in skill trading that it’s a problem for player retention.

I know you like to argue and be “provocative”

But at least try to be consistent.

4 Likes

It’s only a problem for player retention if it bothers him.

If it’s so easy why don’t you do it ? Lemme guess, you’re a law-abiding citizen ?

You could also move to another sandbox the kicker knows nothing about.

I wouldn’t say you were wrong but theres tons of stuff you can do solo.

Also if you can make structures accessible for single players it cheapens the effort and the meaning of how important those structures are.

2 Likes

The band-aid solution is to create a “small” tier of structures in the 50-150 million ISK range that function similarly to other Upwells, but have much lower capacities for their industrial functions. That way, all of the same limitations could exist, but a solo player wouldn’t be expected to lose the same amount of investment (about 2-3 billion ISK) that a group of 10-20 active players would lose when their, say, Athanor gets targeted.

Give these new structures like five total industrial lines, make them frack much smaller chunks of minerals, etc. Give them lower defenses, but make them have the same defense mechanics. Allow them to be used as war HQs like any other Upwell structure, but make their cores cost low enough so that big groups wouldn’t automatically take them down by reflex because the payout for doing so wouldn’t be sustainable for half a dozen active attackers.

No, she has a secret mystery PvP main that does it.

6 Likes

AS A total coward of a industrialist

I would argue that if a solo player does not want to interact with the rest of eve then they shouldn’t be allowed structures that make them money off of other eve players, and if they don’t like it they can use a NPC station for copying and invention.

Why should a solo player be allowed a moon all to themselves risk free or at very little risk to wallet? That’s a B grade player expecting A grade content without even having to interact with mercenaries, or the local pirates, even on a basic paying them off to leave them alone level.

There is very very little difference between this style of play and botters imo.

3 Likes

You’re right but it doesn’t matter, this game’s devs only do what a certain group of players want, it’s like a club and we aren’t in it and this forum was created to praise EVE and the devs, they don’t really care to read what you have to say, they don’t care about your opinion and all the deleted posts and locked threads prove that.
Best thing is to play the game until you get tired of the BS then move on to another game.
EVE Online is far from being the best MMO in the list, it’s not even number 3.

True, but one has to bear in mind that for the average noob, its like joining in a game of Monopoly 3/4 of the way through. There are trillionaires, massive player owned structures, huge corporations, and all the results of the gravy train running for 19 years before they ever showed up. It’s an even lowlier start than starting out in Elder Scrolls as a prisoner.

I agree with Destiny’s suggestion above…some sort of smaller player owned structure. One could possibly even modularise these so that two or more ( from different players ) could be joined together…with some sort of added bonus for the joining.

1 Like

Good idea but you’re dreaming awake. CCP’s wish is for players to join corporations so why would they give the slightest advantage to a solo player?

Because the suggested modularised system, with bonuses for joining more together, would itself encourage people to work together and create the nucleus of new corps.

1 Like

Stations already have modules, you can buy one and donate it to your corp.

But are those self-sufficient ‘stand alone’ modules ? I’m talking about some sort of ‘mini’ complete station…with a sort of Lego brick modularisation where others can add more.

Pedantic.

Learn to play the game, before you start trying to change it.

I didn’t say the idea didn’t make sense. But I seriously doubt CCP would accommodate solo players in the hope they form corporations out of that cooperation.
This game is designed to be played as groups, not individuals… then you have shady corporations that take advantage of noobs and others that just need to pad their numbers and still others that let you play as if you were solo and they can do that because they know that playing solo is harder and more expensive. Don’t think that CCP wants to change that.

Au contraire. If a game is losing the majority of its new players…then it’s time the developers listened to what new players have to say. It’s not going to find out why from the oldbies. Only new players know what the new player experience actually is.

1 Like

We don’t need new players.

We especially don’t need crybaby whiners.

1 Like