Make the game more solo player friendly

You’re right, so stop whining about miners. Mining is a legitimate career in EVE while pretending to be a ‘princess’ isn’t.

2 Likes

to anyone reading solo is great in this game, you just need second monitor and account. its a +1 game and having a hauler, booster, scout counts towards being able to play with little drawbacks compared to most fleet activity

EVE is an MMORPG, a role playing game, so I disagree: pretending to be a space princess is definitely one of the possible playstyles in this game just like mining is.

We have an entire forum section (that I dare not touch) dedicated to this kind of gameplay!

3 Likes

I stand corrected again!

Very well. If Aiko can be a princess then I’m empress of Amarr. :smiley:
Bow to me, all you little people, lol.

You are just a roleplayer.

Is that what I am? Cool… You are one, too :grinning:

No, I’m a Princess.

:princess:

1 Like

yes yes, you are :grinning: and a very good one at that, but I’m higher than you are in majesty 'cause I’m an empress so eat your heart out :laughing:

Have you ever considered that maybe Eve isn’t a game for you? I realize in the modern era of Eve where trying to get every new player to stay that my statement might come off as counter to keeping Eve going, but here’s the reality: no game caters to every player.

Eve is a game where individuals who cooperate are going to have it better. And thus, solo play really isn’t catered too; however, you can still play Eve… you’re just going to be at a disadvantage. Again, if you don’t like that: Eve isn’t the game for you.

I enjoy Destiny, but you don’t see me on the Call of Duty or Counterstrike forums posting about how they need to change CoD or CS to cater to me. I acknowledge those games are not meant for me and I move on.

Coming back to Eve: Eve is a game where groups will and should have the edge. And this is coming from someone who only has one omega account…

No, you are just pretending.

So are you… Unless you can tell me what country you’re a princess of.

I can tell you, but I won’t doxx myself.

Very well. I also cannot tell you which empire I rule over. Security reasons, you understand…

Sorry, it’s not a debate.

indeed it isn’t.

I’m pretty sure @Aiko_Danuja fully supports the game to be more solo friendly… resulting in a solo catalyst able to gank any freighter, marauder, orca or even a supercapital for that matter even in the highest of highsec. :wink:

:smirk:

2 Likes

At the risk of returning to the topic in hand, I’m not sure I’m understanding the issue OP is stating.

Orca mining didn’t necessarily become harder - just riskier. Which is perhaps a pedantic difference, but a difference none the less. You can mitigate this risk in a number of ways, while solo.

Owning a structure as a solo player hasn’t become any more or less “pointless” in the last few years - though setting one up became marginally more expensive (and riskier) due to the addition of cores. Again, these cores don’t affect anything gameplay-wise, other than the likelihood of being turned over for profit.

Whether flying a fleet support ship or owning a dedicated upwell structure should be geared towards solo players is not - quite - the question OP is asking, but I’d argue that they shouldn’t. Fleet support ships should be there to support a fleet. Upwell structures should require significant throughput to justify their costs - and defence. There are other mining ships far more suitable to solo players, and other structures (Freeports, NPC stations and POSes) that offer similar services and solutions for solo players without requiring a dedicated Upwell

Of course, you CAN go against this grain if you so desire - doing so will be suboptimal, and rightly so, but that is the solo players’ choice.

This is totally true. I should be able to solo the entire game in my paladin or redeemer.

I don’t see what’s wrong with that in a sandbox game. Either it’s sandbox and we can do what we want where we want or it isn’t. Can’t have it both ways.

Indeed. We also should think of the children alpha newbros and provide this playstyle to untrained characters as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like