Make the level 4 grind less painfull

CCP want to make the game more fun, well grinding level 4’s for each race is not fun. The ability to decline faction missions every 4 hours makes this a very painful exercise.
Allow us to select weather we get faction missions, or change the decline window or just let us run lvl4’s for all factions. The standings are almost irrelevant these days

I don’t know where you’re doing them but in Caldari space I hardly get them from the Caldari Navy

Use SOE epic arc for faction standing for the big 4.
It helps newbies out, gets them being social and learning how fleet work can be more fun, and gets you there easily.

Getting to end-game level PvE content in any MMO requires a fair bit of grinding, one way or another. Compared to other MMOs, grinding for end-game level PvE content in EVE is not that painful, really.

I got to level 4 missions with the Gallente Navy, from a faction standing of -4, and no corp standing at all, in around three days. All the while dodging unreasonable Caldari/Amarr standings hits.

That’s hardly unreasonable, in my mind. It’s not supposed to be an automatic, easy process.

1 Like

to be fair you are not supposed to be able to easily have high standings with all 4 empires

1 Like

You right, its better I get a 4hr cool down and go play another game for 4 hrs.
CCP has made everything else easier, ie jump clones, salvaging, etc.

This is where I am now, and am traveling between 3 agents every 4 hrs with maybe 20min play time in total.

there are so many other things to go do in those 4 hours

1 Like

Thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening ME!

2 Likes

grinding standings it’s insanely easy
how to unlock level 4 missions within 1 to 3days
skill requirements social level 3 connections level 2
step 1 complete all the career agents for the Gallente Federation for every last one of their schools
step 2 go buy
9 Serpentis Copper Tag
20 Serpentis Bronze Tag
20 Serpentis Silver Tag
20 Serpentis Brass Tag
20 Serpentis Palladium Tag
20 Serpentis Gold Tag
20 Serpentis Electrum Tag

step 3 go to Muer warp to Federation Data Center and talk to every last available agent there out in space and finish every last mission they offer you
step 4 go to Ekuenbiron warp to Federation Data Center and talk to every last available agent there out in space and finish every last mission they offer you
step 5 go to Abenync warp to Federation Data Center and talk to every last available agent there out in space and finish every last mission they offer you
step 6 go back through all those locations to make sure all the missions are finished or if you’ve already reached your goal don’t even continue any further

at the end of this you should be able to do level 4 missions with every corporation for Gallente Federation or if not you’ll be able to do it for the Federation Navy and the sisters of Eve

this will cost you 130 million isk with the current market

1 Like

Wow, I never knew that was a thing!

Then why bother standing loss declining more than a mission every 4 hours?

It is about making sure you don’t just cycle for the super high value missions, not about making gaining standings harder.

Avoiding standing loss is trivial, as is farming out the right to do L4s, it is all about basing in areas where you can easily bounce between agents, or just follow @radkid10 's advice and pay out for standings.

1 Like

Freelance agents that don’t give missions against factions and don’t increase or decrease standings with the 4 empires.

This has to be a troll…

He makes a good point though. If they are relevant and important, shouldn’t it take work to get them? And if standings are irrelevant, why do you care about losing standings?

To be clear I don’t like the mechanic myself, but its because it makes status ranking less consistent. Not because I feel that status are somehow both important enough to not tank and not important enough to require grind. Having statuses is a major advantage in market and industry.

2 Likes

Yeah man, if only there was more than one agent in all of New Eden.

2 Likes

Oh, why didn’t I think of this. I have had 3 agents all locked up.
My bad for not realizing forums are just for trolls.

Are you trying to get faction rep up or corp rep up?

If your going for faction rep, just move to a new hub, your goal is to just complete a ton of missions to get a storyline, no big deal. Some corps also have multiple hubs in an area.

If your going for corp rep, your efficiency dips slightly, because you now need to go to “Singleton” agents, who are still strung about in space pretty close to each other, they just aren’t all in one station so you lose a minor amount of efficiency making 1 jump to dock at a new station.

And, of course, you can gain rep significantly faster via grouping.

I agree its a silly system at times because its very RNG based, but it doesn’t make the grind take significantly longer when you even remotely try to work around it. The reason people are teasing you is that your resorting to hyperbole which always undermines your own argument.

Go for “its kinda dumb and doesn’t add anything to the game really to make skipping faction hits cost rep” rather than “I want to reroll constantly for missions because rerolls add nothing to the game and not being able to reroll ruins missioning.”

Again, your proposed solution is a non-starter because limited rerolls are actually very important, and the cost of removing them is greater than the gain of sliiiightly reducing rep gain grind, which isn’t even objectively good because it makes reps overall a less important mechanic and makes the advantages of rep more universal, which simply further increases the time investment new characters need to make to be competitive.

Yeah… for the 2 alts that you raise them for. And it’s not even faction standings you need