Making Battleships, Especially Navy Lines, More Viable

Ferengi? What

There is no NEED for more BB cargo and your proposed distribution is just bad. Balancing it around t1 t2 and navy is a poor way to do it. I’ll point to the t2. Just how much more cargo do you want marauders to have? And why do BLOPs need more cargo? They are built for sort engagements they have more than enough cargo for this, to the point they fill the extra space with more fuel.

This post makes me feel like toy don’t actually know much about the ships you are saying are in need of a change, rather you are just clamoring on to what others have posted

Just do it ship by ship not by meta level

You want to really help BBs? Give them smaller version of the titan boosts or mini dooms day type weapons like fozzi talked about at EV. Don’t start hacking away at their draw backs make them worth the draw backs

Navy typhoon gun bonus needs to go its in a sad state as is and buffing it will stomp on anemic tempest fleet gun dps(lowest dps minatar battleship) and will just overlap with other minatar gun boats.

In that place I would give phoon slightly larger drone bay and would give drone speed bonus to it, it is among fastest battleship in game so bonus would fit snugly along not a direct buff to dps but trust me it is effective buff.

Tempest fleet issue is bottom feeder in terms of dps for a fleet issue boat this is sad state after ccp buffed tier 1 tempest fleet tempest is at rock bottom and ship it self isn’t specialized for some role it is just out damaged by every other minmatar BS not to mention other races battleships and even battlecruisers,copy paste solution would be to recieve same buff like tier 1 tempest but I would like to see it range boosted so minmatar recieve their 1st T1 “sniper platform” 8 guns bonus to rof and falloff or lesser machariel 6 hard points 7 high slots guns range bonus while keeping 5% dual gun bonus it have now…
…8th high slot it lost would swap to midslot so it’s more shield oriented compared to tier 1 tempest and 2nd T1 minatar BS that favor shield instead of armor.

Last option and one that doesn’t fit really in minatar ship progression in projectile / drone hybrid it would be New Eden first and gal/min are kinda on a same side so it isn’t impossible to see how drone projectile merger would materialise in a combat ship,but I personally think that is more suitable for new pirate faction.

More cargo space is always welcome.

= Blood Raider. After so many years, you should know that by now. Blood Raider use webs and lazors and not as some uneducated youngsters think “put all zee neuts in zee universe on and cap inject your own demise”- boat with 2 drones.

The Vexor is (not a Curse) a hybrid turret / drone dual-weapon system boat. If you cannot find use in a missile / turret platform, don’t fly the ship.

When they last looked at the tempests a few year ago i was pushing for an 8 gun fleet pest with a fall-off bonus. Didn’t take.

The beauty of the tempest is having decent fire power with two heavy neuts. Many people don’t want to give that up on either ship.

Know what by now?

Blood Raiders would be Amarr/Minmatar combo not gal/min, they use one minmatar bonus range webs and two amarr ones Lazor dmg and neut bonus.

Vexor is hybrid/drone boat.

I am talking about projectile/drone bonuses ship because all other weapon / drone combo is already in game.one can create whole unique faction line of ships with it…projectile(not lazor not hybrid not missile) bonus and drone bonus…there.

Meh projectile drone isn’t a terrible idea but we have enough gal/min ships

1 Like

My proposal upon fleet Tempest was basically turn it into a battleship size fleet stabber, with less dps but a quite strong tracking bonus(+10% per level) and a very good base speed, i assume my version of fleet Tempest will be a very popular ab brawling battleship in fw space.

=p welp looks like you have a very unique opinion on ship balancing comparing to the “9<10<10.667<11.6667<12 effective turrent” game dat ccp is playing all along.