Making Combat Fun

Nobody prevents you from using it every day. Just board one and click “undock”. We can discuss if Carriers are in a good spot currently in the ship meta (I don’t think so), but thats a whole different topic.

Tbh, I use most other ship classes a lot more than Frigates, on a daily basis. They all have their roles and uses, weaknesses and benefits. You pick the right tool for the job and many many jobs simply aren’t doable (well) in frigates or cruisers. Can it be that you are simply afraid too much for pixel losses? Do yourself a favor, join a PvP oriented group and learn how to combat from scratch, you’d be surprised how many options you have (and will use), from the smallest Ceptors to the largest Capitals, always depending on your mood, the plan and the target.

Just from my personal experience, my own kills (lets only count ships I have more than 50 kills with, meaning I have used them on multiple occasions):

Looks pretty much balanced and fun to me, given that I am a smallscale pilot not having much use for Battleships and Capitals (despite having them trained to V, even while basically never using them. But I could, should the need arise).