I am proposing a change to how the reward system works, as well as several possible daily and milestone rewards.
My post was getting way too long, so I decided to put it into a video. Figured people would be more willing to listen to a video, than read a wall of text. I also added clickable timestamps in the video description for those that want to jump around. Video can be found here.
Naturally, I’m not going to regurgitate the whole video, but I will provide some highlights for those that prefer them.
I recommend a reward system similar to Warframe’s (random daily rewards with guaranteed milestones). Random daily rewards:
(1) Allow for easier fine tuning (i.e. can adjust reward chance by a few percentage points)
(2) Allow more valuable rewards to be given out (you can make reward chances 1 in 100,000 or less)
(3) Players have the possibility of getting something amazing with every log in. Most days they’ll get something mediocre, but there’s always that chance.
Milestones are guaranteed good rewards. Even if a daily reward sucks, players will always be making progress towards that next milestone.
Individual Reward Design Requirements:
• Can’t F##k Up Game Balance
• Can’t F**k Up the Economy
• Can’t F##k Up CCP’s Bottom Line
• Most Players Can Find Something to Like
• Alpha Rewards Shouldn’t Incentivize Farming
Rewards can be balanced by adjusting:
• Chance of Getting a Particular Type of Reward
• Chance of Getting Better Variants of a Reward
• Soulbound or Not
• Fully Built or BPC
Obviously, some of these rewards will require some work on CCP’s part. Where possible, I try to provide suggestions for how CCP might be able to reduce the amount of work needed and/or get as much mileage as possible out of a reward.
Random Daily Rewards:
• Abyss Filaments
• Cerebral Accelerators
• Unallocated SP
• Glamorex Standings Booster
• Security Status Booster
• Charge that makes ships explode in spectacular fashion when destroyed
• Colored Containers
• Subscription/Plex/MCT Coupons
• MTU for Corpses
• Event Lore Trinkets
• Lore Trinkets Based on Capsuleer Actions
• Eve Event Vouchers
Milestone Rewards (Can be every x number of logins, or a one time reward on the xth login):
• Capsuleer Loyalty Skins
• Eve Artwork (allow players to change login screen artwork)
• Live Player Backgrounds
• SoCT Ships
• Structure Skins
• Capsuleer Loyalty Cosmetics
• Bonus Neural Remap
• Character Resculpt Certificate
• Character Rename Certificate
• MCT Time
• Omega Time
• Physical Items