I’m enjoying the sentiment behind the skill point events but they aren’t very rewarding at all in terms of actually achieving something. It’s either login and get stuff or kill a handful of rats then you’re done.
I think CCP could do better. If I may make a suggestion. Have whoever’s responsible have a look at a game called Raid: Shadow Legends it’s a mobile game. Specifically have them look at the way they do challenges, missions and quests. Please note i’m not talking about game play but mechanics designed to keep players engaged.
Most specifically the quests.
Basically there are daily tasks that when completed give minor rewards. When all tasks are completed they give a slightly better reward. Then there are weekly tasks that are slightly harder and required that daily tasks are completed 7 times. When these are completed they give a moderate reward. Finally there are monthly tasks that are fairly difficult to achieve and require that daily tasks are completed 30 times to collect the final prize.
The important part to making the system achievable is that the weekly and monthly tasks don’t reset until the final reward is collected. Dailies are the only ones that reset every day. This allows people to skip days when they don’t have the time to login but encourages them to login when able instead of bothering with another game.
How can this be applied to EVE?
I would imagine it something like this.
PLEASE NOTE : These numbers used for rewards and the like are by no means meant to be taken as final. I would assume CCP would do a review and see how they would balance out vs the various aspects of the economy they would effect.
Daily Tasks Completed = 500 LP
- Join a Fleet = 200 LP
- Kill 25 Npc’s or Mine 10,000m3 Ore = 100 LP
- Say Hello in any chat channel = 100 LP
- Complete an anomaly, filament, mission, deadspace or strip a roid = 100 LP
All Weekly Tasks Completed = 50,000 Skill Points
- Receive 7 Daily Tasks Completed Rewards = 3500 LP
- Form a Fleet = 500 LP
- Destroy 200 Npc’s or Mine 160,000m3 Ore = 2000 LP
- Make a post on the forums = 1000 LP
- Complete an anomaly, filament, mission, deadspace or strip a roid 50 times = 5000 LP
All Monthly Tasks Completed Reward = 250,000 Skill points
- Receive 30 Daily Tasks Completed Rewards = 15,000 LP
- Form / Join a fleet 30 times over 14+ days*** = 5000 LP
- Destroy 1000 Npc’s or Mine 800,000m3 Ore = 10,000 LP
- Post on the Forums 4 times = 4000 LP
- Complete 1 of any of the following : World Ark, 10/10 DED, Forward Base, Mothership, Ghost Site, Sleeper Cache sites OR Complete an anomaly, filament, mission, deadspace or strip a roid 300 times. = 5000 LP
*** The fleet Join/Form reward should only be counted once or twice a day so that people can’t just create 30 fleets in one day and it count as a monthly task.
Total LP Earned in a Month if someone logged in every day and completed everything = 117,000 LP’s
Another Set of PVP based Challenges would be nice as well. Something along these lines I think would be fun. Again they should not reset until the final reward is claimed.
Weekly Challenges Completed Reward = 1000 LP
- Destroy 25 Player Ships = 1000 LP
- Destroy 250 Million isk worth of player ships = 1000 LP
- Claim 1 Solo Kill = 1000 LP
Monthly Challenges Completed Reward = 10,000 LP
- Destroy 100 Player Ships = 4000 LP
- Destroy 1 Billion isk worth of player ships = 4000 LP
- Claim 5 Solo Kills = 4000 LP
Total LP Earned in a Month with PVP challenges would be = 38,000 LP’s
Meaning that combined with someone who did both daily tasks and pvp they could earn a combined maximum of 155,000 LP’s and 300,000 Skill Points per month.
The Loyalty Points earned would be for a new NPC Corporation Shop where the rewards are things like :
Concord & Jovian ship BPC’s, Skill Accelerators and Ship Skins that are no longer available on the New Eden Store such as some of the original skins that were released or even better when skins that aren’t tied to specific events in game are taken off the New Eden store add them to the lp store where players can then earn them through in game activity.
The actual costs of the bpc’s, accelarators and skins I would leave up to CCP but with a player maxing out at 155,000 lp per month and considering most people would not reach this number I think that it could be worked out fairly in a matter that wouldn’t overly adversely affect the markets or recruitment rewards for people using their friend invite links.
I also imagine that this system could be tied into the Activity Tracker nicely by breaking it down into Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Total tallies.
Please keep criticism constructive.
The goal of this post is to make the daily logins and skill point like events more integrated into the game and fun rather than a one off event while having the added benefit of helping give new players goals and hopefully motivating existing players to login and do things.