Man that's bad

If you immediately rage-sell your ship after using it once, you’ll lose money to sales tax and the difference between the buy and sell orders (assuming you sold it to a buy order).

1 Like

This is the most ignorant complaint thread I’ve seen yet. How can you not see what you did wrong? You bought high (the praxis) and sold low. That’s why you lost money.

When you buy a ship it’s an investment. It’s not going to pay itself off the first time you use it. If your stupid self would have kept it and worked on the fit with your earnings like a normal person you could have ran another one when you got it. That would have earned you more. Then again and again and so on.

This isn’t an instant gratification game like those shitty ones you keep mentioning. This game has long term goals that you work towards piece by piece.

2 Likes

as all other people answered to you, OP you did wrong. You probably have low skills, bad strategy, not much knowledge about the task that you are trying to do. And you blame the game for your failure.
HARDEN THE ■■■■ UP. Try to read, learn and improve. That is eve. And honestly you could just try to bring two friends with you if you don’t have good skills and/or fit, and it would probably work. And you would get some FUN. Because here you just talked about isks investment, isks loss, etc. Where is your fun? do you play eve to earn isks? this is a game not a job
Or leave eve for a"much rewarding other mmo" where a npc will congratulate you and call you the savior of the world because you collected 10 wolf skins or 10 wooden sticks.

You want some help? Show your fit, your skills, accept the critics.

You just want to whine and complain because you failed? Good riddance.

2 Likes

It has its merits and is actually a great way to get a lesson to stick. There is a reason embarrassment is one of the strongest emotions we evolved.

It won’t make you as many friends but that’s not anyways the goal.

And the ironic foil is I known people who drop 1.2billion on a ship as a credit card warrior then get suspect baited and die :laughing:

Highsec players aren’t even human so whoop dee doo.

2 Likes

You have forgot about praxis in your equation. You earned 60M for 4 hours and you have praxis which is an universal ship, but if you dont like it you can always sell it. It is not bad if you are new and dont have skills and proper ship to run it faster. People can do those sites in Stratios in low sec in less than hour and a half, or 2 hours.

You got the minimum payout for a 5/10.
43.2mil for the 18th tier Overseer’s Personal Effects and 20mil in bounty.

5/10 DED sites are pretty much the hardest sites you will find in high security space.
For you to have completed it at all is actually a win.

All combat sites have randomised loot tables each time you run them.
Sometimes, like this time, you get 60-ish million.
Other times you’ll get 500+.

It’s the gambler’s rush of the big loot drops that keeps it fun.

I prefer the rush of getting away with stuff I shouldn’t be doing at all more than any amount of isk.
If I get to the point where I am very sure I am going to die and then don’t somehow it’s one of the best things in the game.
The original post misses this completely and makes me wonder what the point of playing is without that sort of intensity.
There are sites I can warp into and release one drone and watch it do everything while I do nothing, I don’t do those sites because it’s pointless, I think that is exactly what the original poster wants, but even more he wants to get paid for it.
If I get 500m in loot it needs to be one hell of a fight or to me something’s messed up.

2 Likes

A ship is an investment. Why would you sell it? If you sold you ship after every mission you would lose isk as well.

2 Likes

Technically you didnt lose anything, you gained ISK, and still have a Praxis which holds a value approx. close to what you spent on it.

1. Buys Ship (probably for SellOrder Prices)
  2. Runs site with sub-optimal Fit, with likely sub-optimal Skills
  3. Gets unlucky with randomized loot
  4. Expects instant-gratification and 5 billion isk paycheck
  5. Sells Ship (stupid move, so probably for BuyOrder)
  6. Complains and calls a game “work”

You pretty much did everything wrong (apart from not dying) and expect to get payed for it.
You view a videogame as work.
Also, you seem to have no idea how investments work.
Why do you spend 190m on something just to sell it for 160 4 hours later when said thing has the potential to make you 57m in 4 hours? That was the WORST possible payout and the MOST time you could spend on it. and even then, if you enjoyed what you’re doing instead of trying to “work for isk”, you could have made the ship back + some extra cash in 16h playtime. and that is the WORST CASE.
If you got lucky on the next site, you would’ve made 500m in 3:30h (because you gained some knowledge that makes you faster the next time around), but that option is out of the window, because you did not win the jackpot on your first time playing the lottery, so you burned the rest of your money, because apparently its useless. THAT is the kind of “logic” you’re trying to apply here.

3 Likes

Preach brother, preach.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.