Manumission of Slaves

Probably because the Gallente used the guise of peace to assassinate the people working to mass produce and distribute Insorum so the minmatar would still have a reason to fight the amarr on the Federations behalf.

Maybe you should try cleaning house first. Your government calling for freedom while ceaselessly working to keep people under your boot is morally abhorrent to anyone that truly values freedom.

What do you know it’s about you, not the people in the container.

God I love this you don’t even have a solid idea what to do with them. Not only that but the first thought you have is “maybe the minmatar would take them if we give them money” not any sort of official governing body or even your own federation just "minmatar? "

Well at least you do more than most and admit you’re just a wannabe playing at being a freedom fighter.

Many an agent of the Federation gathers a protective layer of buffoonery to make a lie of their effectiveness.

The greatest freedom this empire offers is to fail in obscurity while others do so spectacularly. Inviting former slaves into this circus is not a kindness, they become homeless a refugee of fate.

I second my compatriots call for a system of reuniting the displaced with their families, if that is not possible, with those whose duty it is to care for them.

Any such system will likely have to be capsuleer lead.

I was already clutching my pearls at mr. Biko’s statement about SFRIM becoming abolitionist. So, thank you for promptly clarifying this, ms. Cora.

I too have found lost slaves, and I brought them back to their Holders. Such a heartwarming moment, to see the slave’s tears of joy as they get reunited with their master. Often, too, the Holder will offer a small reward, as you sometimes see on these “LOST” posters that folks hang out to find back their most precious slaves. But the reward is inconsequential, what matters is the happiness of getting back together.

That is so much better than driving any found slave up to the proverbial woods, dropping them there with a pat, saying “you’re free now, go, fly away” and then abandoning them. Or just locking them in your Hangar until CONCORD finds a way to correct their labeling system.

1 Like

The SoE Roughriders mobile humanitarian base On The Way Home is currently docked in Amo. You may take any previously enslaved individuals there and they will be accepted and taken care of. If you are not familiar,

If its easier I would be more than happy to take transport them myself.

2 Likes

I was not referring to their legal standing, but their knowledge of Empire laws and such.

Please excuse my erroneous statement. I have corrected it.

A cursory knowledge of such dictates returning escapees to their holding if practicable, and to an appropriate Imperial authority if not; while I am not exceptionally well versed in this area of law, I know of no extenuation for abetting the flight of the held from their obligations.

ya know what… i decided i dont care about the “”“legality”“” of my actions. I’m gonna do everything i can to make sure these guys in my hangar can choose whatever life they want. i dont see a lot of enthusiasm for returning to their slavemasters, lol. a few of them have expressed interest in becoming Freedom Fighters or Militants, and i’m gonna set them up with whatever they need to do that. One or two have even approached me asking how they can become capsuleers. I’m gonna look into that for them. And i’m gonna do whatever THEY want without regard to the amarrian crybabies and their sick little death cult. The hell with y’all.

So, you’re a criminal who helps other criminals.
Noted.
See you in space.

1 Like

I took some slaves and put them in my hangar, and left them there.

Two years later they’re still there because I’m still waiting for my official gold star for having “freed” them from wherever they were before then.

Even though I’ve actually had them in my OWN captivity while I’ve been arguing about it, trying to get my precious recognition. For TWO YEARS.

But I’m the good guy, and I don’t keep slaves, I promise.

Uh huh.

1 Like

yes thats right

Sorry these few occupy so much of your attention despite your comparatively overwhelming level of resources. Generational slaves are not generally known for their independent thinking which I why I suspect Lou is not actually helping.

Is it common in the Federation to judge people mental abilities based on their inherited social status?

That is an impossible question, could you answer it for your empire, and if you could would you?

I only speak from my experience and for our organisation.

The archetypal response of anyone seeking to moralize their pursuit of attention. Did it ever occur, past the frivolous need of yours to posture and cant, that your need for validation trumped any sense of righteousness or word of law?

I think not- and that is precisely why when presented with a wealth of choices you flounder like an inelegant fish in a Caldari billionaire’s koi pond. Mr. Lingg, you show time and time immemorial that your sense of foresight is as dull as your resolve. The Amarr intelligentsia quivers in fear of your boisterous antics, rest assured.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.