Marauders - Fittings for Maximum Damage Application

Thanks for the explanation, I missed the TP buffs!

Depends, imo, on how far you shoot on average and your signature focus skill.

If over 54 km alotā€¦maybe. 54 being the optimal of a faction like RF. PLayng in falloff game MGC might give better coverage if in that fallloff more often. So if going cruise golem and sniping maybe.

And signature focus. I lean to TP since this char has focusing at 5. I get the max paint I can from a RF TP.

Also need to factor in drones. TP helps drones. While above some discourse here on that at some point, yeah, you may want to put the paint on drones. As always a personal choice. I for reasons involving a stupid death in 0.0 will paint a pointing rat to make drones drop em faster. I try to make a mistake only once no matter what space I am in.

Now if max drone skills maybe you can let the TP assist slide. Youā€™d have to see if that route is in your comfort region or not.

1 Like

With the precision script you donā€™t get the range bonus anymore from the missile guidance computer, itā€™s pure application then (faster explosion, smaller sig).

But as Anderson explained, a bonused TP has a more powerful effect and combining the two is even better, because of stacking penalties.

heā€™s talking about the range of the TP. At Ā±130km the faction TP effect is the same as the GC. If you shoot at 100+km then the GC is better. Itā€™s doable with torps but Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s worth the modules to have such a range.

1 Like

I am using a Rattlesnake at the moment whilst I save up to buy a Golem. With my Rattlesnake fitting Iā€™m using rapid heavy missile launchers and I can kill anything from the smallest webbing drone all the way up to battle ships very quickly, so I was thinking with only a few changes I could move my Rattlesnake fit onto the Golem.

Every one here seems to think that torps are the way to go? With a MJD why do you need the range on your launchers? Or to use a MWD? Just mop up all the ships in range then jump to the next group, or do what I do at the moment and use the laser pointer to aggro the entire room and let them come to you? And why use two laser pointers?

Also some people here have said that salvaging is not profitable anymore? I donā€™t salvage every mission but I do salvage most and I put the salvage in GSC and looking at the est value on each can its about 60 mill give or take a few mill and in the last week Iā€™ve filled 5 cans. this dose not include parts for rigs which I sell separately. All you folk who turn your noises up at salvaging your losing out on 300 mill + a week. I donā€™t salvage in my mission ships other than to drop an MTU, therefore the tracker beam bonus on the Golem is only really useful if I need to grab some mission critical can a long way off.

My Rapid heavy missile launchers have a range of 63 KM. I know from experience how many salvos it takes to destroy a given vessel type so I always count how many are fired, I assumed everyone did this rather than switching on the launchers and waiting for the first one or two salvos to reach their target and wasting the others.

Kestrix

1 Like

Every one here seems to think that torps are the way to go? ā€¦And why use two laser pointers?

I covered that in the analysis. The best ratio of painter to a missile guidance computer is 2:1 in terms of stacking penalties and outgoing damage application. Arguments could be made that launchers should be ungrouped and therefore you may need four painters, but two is a good place to be - you have a good level of versatility. If you want convenience then adapt the fit with 3x comps instead, but be prepared to lose application.

With a MJD why do you need the range on your launchers? Or to use a MWD? Just mop up all the ships in range then jump to the next group, or do what I do at the moment and use the laser pointer to aggro the entire room and let them come to you?

Most NPC groups spawn around 50km away. Few a bit further. If you look at the graphs I generated you will see they are made up of a grid. The basics of it are; you want as many of the rectangles which make up the grid underneath the gradient as possible. The gradient with the most area has the greatest damage application. If you know the mission you can fit for shorter range. The guidance enhancer and computer are used more for explosion velocity and radius though, and with the Golems bastion and bonus to missile velocity, you donā€™t have to be too concerned with range. As for strategy; there is one way to use a marauder - jump to the range you want to be, mwd or ab to the correct final position, hit bastion, and wipe rooms.

Also some people here have said that salvaging is not profitable anymore? I donā€™t salvage every mission but I do salvage most and I put the salvage in GSC and looking at the est value on each can its about 60 mill give or take a few mill and in the last week Iā€™ve filled 5 cans. this dose not include parts for rigs which I sell separately. All you folk who turn your noises up at salvaging your losing out on 300 mill + a week.

Youā€™re talking about loot. Salvage is different. I still salvage, but only in the hope that its value will increase one day and I have to do something with those utility highs. Its really not worth it at the moment though (loot definitely is).

1 Like

Like many things, itā€™s up to you.
cruise have more range, are faster, so maybe you can use cruise. Cruise and torps have the same applied DPS, but torps have higher max DPS so you also need more application to get that DPS out. Also cruise have precision missiles which are good to mow down the frigates.

I use torps because rats are always in the 40km range in ded5s and I can thus have a very optimized run.

There is not really a ā€œbest choiceā€ in Eve, well theoretically : any choice you make will have good and bad effect.

That theoretically because actually marauders are plain better than other BS now, and I feel itā€™s sad. I would not mind going down a bit, like -33% rof instead of -50%, to give +50% DPS instead of +100%. I actually thought CCP would have realized by now that this level of OP ness is not healthy for the game.

1 Like

Issue they have with marauders is they painted themselves into a corner.

They put it as t2 making it pricing on the whims of the moon goo masters. Rarely are they charitable on pricing here.

For a decent part of its life in the game marauders where kind of a why? ship the result. Older versions, imo, didnā€™t really justify the cost.

Someone showed a golem, you could show a navy raven. Same performance at a much cheaper price. Show a kronos, one could show a vindi that does the same for less.

Then came MJD. It solved many issues with even say blaster vindi. Hop in, go in shotgun modeā€¦done. For more than half the price. Work the setup right dual prop it, MJD and MWD for the best of both worlds.

Marauders need its imba to sell basically. At an average of 1.8 billion when I bought my kronos last week (repeat buyer) it now has something to hold over a vindi. As the reason I bought then sold the last kronos long ago was wellā€¦all its offering is tractor and salvage on the go.

Iā€™d say the same for golem. It needs it imba to appeal over a navy raven. Orā€¦rattlesnake. Tried all 3 back in tha dayā€¦it was the golem that got sold back then.

Its old salvage on the go was not a major selling point for some. I could bang out say 3 level 4ā€™s and take the noctis for a spin a few minutes. MY noctis has salvage rigs and 4 tractor/4 salvager split that clean up even a string of of wreck heavy missions quickly.

1 Like

err ā€¦ I used them a lot for ded5s before they were cool. I just did not use bastion. 1200 EHP/s was mandatory to kill the last room target, align out, warp off without waiting at the gate. Now you just need to bastion, shoot, bastion off and tractor. Just faster.

Are you going to complete the series? Thread got sidetracked with golem discussion, but would love to see the vargur piece. Thanks, good work

1 Like

He means before bastion.

And Iā€™m saying, I used them without bastion before.

Thatā€™s irrelevant. Before bastion mode they were not the same ship.

THAT is irrelevant. I was answering to someone saying they were not worth playing before the last update, by saying I was using them without bastion.

marauders were added in 2007/12, bastion in 2013/11 (6 years laters), this patch was in 2021/02 (over 7years afterwards).

I did not need bastion nor MJD, so Iā€™m saying the marauders before still had some niche usage. Now they are oooomph-machine.

1 Like

nothing on the paladin ?

2 Likes

Iā€™m hoping for that and the vargur

2 Likes

I run a 2.4k dps sniper paladinā€¦ 2.6 if i run a 9% pillā€¦

Posting today!

3 Likes

@Ira_Infernus Thank you for your lovely comprehensive work on marauders, it has been extremely helpful! I hope you could do paladin some time in the future.

2 Likes

that was like at least 2 days agoā€¦

just sayin yo!!

1 Like